How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

Originally Posted by retrogrinch
As well they should...
That was pretty much meant sarcastically since most news item have a agenda driven slant.

I find that the opinions of anonymous internet posters change reality.

Just a Few Examples Where Gun Owners Stopped Mass Shootings in Public November 2, 2013 by Guns 'n' Freedom
pistol.jpg

Follow Guns 'n' Freedom on Twitter and stay informed!

Gun Watch has a list of mass killings that were stopped or thwarted by armed citizens here:
The Pearl, Mississippi school shooting was stopped by the vice principal Joel Myrick with a Colt .45, The Appalachian School shooting was stopped by two students with handguns. Both of the above incidents were stopped by the armed citizens threatening the shooter without firing.
Pearl High School Link
Plans to slay everyone in the Muskegon, Michigan, store and steal enough cash and jewelry to feed their “gnawing hunger for crack cocaine” fell apart for a band of would-be killers after one of their victims fought back.
Muskegon Shooting Link
The mass church shooting in Colorado Springs was stopped by the shooter being shot by a church member with a CCW permit.
New Life Church Link
The Santa Clara gunshop shooting in 1999 was stopped by an armed citizen after the shooter declared that he was going to kill everyone. Police found a list of intended victims in his car. Only the perpetrator, Richard Gable Stevens was shot.
Santa Clara Gunshop Link
The December, 1991, Aniston, Alabama defense where a CCW holder stopped armed robbers who were herding employees, customers, and his wife into a cooler. He shot both robbers, killing one.
Aniston Shoney’s Shooting Link
July 13, 2009, in Virginia at the Golden Food Market: The gunman tried to shoot several people, was stopped by a CCW carrier.
Golden Food Market Shooting Link
Just recently, in Early Texas, armed citizen Vic Stacy shot and stopped a deranged man who had just murdered two neighbors and was firing at police with a rifle. Stacy made a very long shot with his revolver, three times as far as the perpetrator was from the police officer, who had an AR-15 type rifle.
Early Texas Peach House Shooting Link
Abraham Dickman had a history of anger against employees of the AT&T store in New York Mills, New York. On May 27th, 2010, he walked into the store with a .357 and a list of six employees. He shot the first employee, but was stopped from further attacks when Donald J. Moore, an off duty police officer who was allowed to carry his own handgun when not on duty, drew and fired his .40 caliber, killing Mr. Dickman before he could fire any more shots.
AT&T store Link
Another off duty police officer stopped the Trolley Square shooting with his personal handgun. He stopped the killing and contained the shooter until police reinforcements arrived and ended the situation.
Trolley Square Shooting Link
The shooter, Ernesto Villagomez, entered the Players Bar and Grill and killed two people. He reloaded and was continuing to shoot when a citizen with a concealed carry permit shot him and stopped the killing.
Winnemuca Shooting Link
Kiarron Parker rammed his car into another in the church parking lot, got out and attempted to kill multiple church members. He was only able to kill one before a member of the congregation, the nephew of the lady killed, and an off duty police officer, drew his handgun and shot Parker, stopping the killing.
Destiny Christian Center Shooting Link
Whenever a mass shooting is stopped by a gun owner there are going to be fewer victims so these stories are often under reported or not reported at all by major news outlets. And of course since self defensive gun uses do not help the agenda of gun control activists these stories will continue to be ignored.
Feel free to share.
- See more at: http://gunsnfreedom.com/just-a-few-examples-where-gun-owners-stopped-mass-shootings-in-public/#sthash.Vi7hhYwy.dpuf

If you can read...go back and read the articles and links in this thread in which armed civilians have stopped criminals dead in their tracks.

Yeah, I know.

That would take time and effort.

Convenience store owner fells armed robber, The Tyler Telegraph, Tyler, Texas 01/27/15
back-to-top.gif

Friday, January 30, 2015
More
The owner of MiPueblo Food Store in Smith County, Texas was tending to his business when a customer alerted him to two suspicious men who had asked the customer what time the store closed. Later on, an armed and masked man entered the store and attempted to rob it. The owner responded by retrieving a gun and exchanging gunfire with the criminal, killing him. The owner was not injured during the incident. (The Tyler Telegraph, Tyler, Texas 01/27/15)

Homeowner repels a pair of violent home invaders, KHOU, Houston, Texas 01/26/15, KPRC, Houston, Texas 01/26/15
back-to-top.gif

Tuesday, January 27, 2015
More
A homeowner in Tomball, Texas was asleep in his house when a pair of armed criminals kicked in the front door. The homeowner awoke, retrieved a gun and went to investigate. The homeowner encountered the intruders while at the top of the home’s stairs, and fired at them. The home invaders returned fire, but eventually fled the scene. Police believe no one was injured during the incident.
View Related Articles Between the homeowner and intruders, at least 30 shots were fired. The amount of firepower required to repel this home invasion illustrates the dangers to law abiding citizens posed by arbitrary restrictions on magazine capacity. (KHOU, Houston, Texas 01/26/15, KPRC, Houston, Texas 01/26/15)

Store owner halts armed robbery, NJ.com, New Jersey, 01/14/15
back-to-top.gif

Tuesday, January 20, 2015
More
A man armed with a gun entered the New Neighborhood Deli Supermarket in Newark, N.J. and attempted to rob the store. The store owner responded by retrieving a firearm and shooting the criminal, ending the attempted robbery.
View Related Articles An investigation revealed that the armed robber has a criminal record involving drug and weapons offences. A store employee told a local media outlet that he and the owner would not let fear stop them from working, stating, “To make a life, you have to work… Some people don’t want to work.” (NJ.com, New Jersey, 01/14/15)

Cleveland store owner fights off armed robber, WEWS, Cleveland, Ohio 01/10/15
back-to-top.gif

Monday, January 12, 2015
More
Fares Naser, owner of Steve’s Deli in Cleveland, Ohio, was working at his store when a hooded man came inside, drew a gun, and demanded cash. Upon seeing the criminal’s gun, Naser dropped behind the counter. This prompted the thief to begin firing at Naser. The store owner responded by retrieving a pistol and firing it at his attacker, causing the criminal to flee. Naser was not harmed during the incident. (WEWS, Cleveland, Ohio 01/10/15)

Veteran's .45 frightens off thieves, The Gaston Gazette, Gaston County, N.C. 12/05/14
back-to-top.gif

Thursday, December 11, 2014
More
Sixty-eight-year-old disabled veteran Joseph Sapienza was at home in Gastonia, N.C. when he heard a suspicious noise at his front door. Sapienza retrieved a .45-caliber pistol, placed it in a holster attached to a walker he uses to get around, and opened the door. There were two masked men on his porch attempting to get inside. Recalling what happened next, Sapienza told a reporter, “When they saw the .45, one ran one way up the street, and the other went the other way.”
View Related Articles Sapienza believes he may have been targeted by the criminals because of his disability. (The Gaston Gazette, Gaston County, N.C. 12/05/14)

Pharmacist halts robbery, The Wyoming Tribune Eagle, Cheyenne, Wyo. 12/09/14
back-to-top.gif

Tuesday, December 09, 2014
More
A man with what looked like a real gun entered Medicap Pharmacy in Cheyenne, Wyo., pointed it at an employee, handed them a bag, and ordered them to fill it with Oxycodone and Percocet. Pharmacist Jackson Quick became aware of the robbery, and retrieved a gun. As Quick was making his way to another part of the store, ducked behind a counter, the criminal spotted him. Quick responded by standing up and firing at the criminal, striking him, and ending the robbery. The robber is expected to survive.
View Related Articles Police have no plans to charge Quick. (The Wyoming Tribune Eagle, Cheyenne, Wyo. 12/09/14)

It's fun to abuse libtards.

Pawn store customer fells armed robber, WISH, Indianapolis, Ind. 11/18/14
back-to-top.gif

Wednesday, November 19, 2014
More
A man entered Cash America Pawn in Indianapolis, Ind. pulled a hood over his head, drew a gun, and attempted to rob the store. A customer responded by drawing a gun and shooting the criminal, killing him.
View Related Articles Following an investigation, police revealed that the deceased robber was a suspect in other robberies. (WISH, Indianapolis, Ind. 11/18/14)

I love it when a libtard's reality is brought into focus by Darwin.

Marine stops home invader, KPRC, Houston, Texas, 11/10/14
back-to-top.gif

Friday, November 14, 2014
More
Dan Reynolds, a former Marine, was at home in Harris County, Texas when he heard the sound of glass breaking. Reynolds responded by retrieving a shotgun and going towards the noise. When Reynolds came upon a man climbing through a window, he fired at him, striking the criminal in the chest and halting the intrusion. (KPRC, Houston, Texas, 11/10/14)

Another liberal...

Dead.
Right.
There.

Citizen kills abductor, The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio 04/27/14
back-to-top.gif

Tuesday, April 29, 2014
More
An armed robber in Columbus, Ohio forced Kenneth Owens to hand over his wallet then forced Owens to accompany him by car to an ATM. As Owens was in a vehicle headed to the ATM, he drew a gun and shot his attacker, killing him. (The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio 04/27/14)

Campy, I don't know if they were smarter in terms of intelligence, but ... there was certainly much more of a sense of personal responsibility. I think the gun debate is just a small part of the wider debate of "take care of yourself, or be taken care of". Too many people here in the USA want to be taken care of. I have to say, I spend a good part of my day many days taking care of a bunch of parasites who can't seem to do a damned thing for themselves, contribute nothing, and are a general drain on society - mostly a bunch of drug addicted, mentally ill, spoiled "trust fund babies" who would be on the street or dead save for mommy and daddy's money - and it pisses me off more and more all of the time. It's my job, I do it, I have a professional/ethical duty to do it, but I don't have to like it, or them. The thing that really gets to me is how they look for any excuse to be helpless, they want everything handed to them, and have no desire to even try to do anything for themselves, or to dig their way out of the mess they have made of their lives. Where is the dignity in living like that? Pisses me off to no end. If people want to take responsibility for themselves, whether safety (guns) or finances, or whatever, more power to them.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
I find that the opinions of anonymous internet posters change reality.

Just a Few Examples Where Gun Owners Stopped Mass Shootings in Public November 2, 2013 by Guns 'n' Freedom

If you can read...go back and read the articles and links in this thread in which armed civilians have stopped criminals dead in their tracks.

Yeah, I know.

That would take time and effort.
Bob, Bob, Bob... Thank you for supporting my point. I actually am familiar with that site and have gone thru many of the examples they provide - dating back to the early 1900's. So yes if one goes back far enough there are certainly a few example of people with guns stopping crimes. But the fact still remains there were almost 650 mass shootings in the past two years, and ummmm exactly how many were stopped by a person packing a gun?

"I actually am familiar with that site and have gone thru many of the examples they provide"

Rrrrriiiigggghhhhttt. Sure you is.

And how many times did you vote for Odumbo?

I think you need to go back to DU...it's...<------...thataways.

650 mass shootings in 2 years...bwahahahah!!!! Does Travon count as a child killed by a firearm, too?!?! For ***** sake, what passes for oxygen consumers these days.

#gangbangerslivesmatter

Hey dumas. here's another 'mass shooting' stopped by a CCW.

http://bearingarms.com/concealed-carrier-kills-restaurant-active-shooter-houston/

Concealed Carrier Kills Restaurant Active Shooter In Houston Posted by Bob Owens on February 2, 2015 at 11:43 am
  • Share on Facebook 50K
  • 51K SHARES

Details are still very sketchy on this active shooter* story out of Houston, Texas, but we’ll share what the early media accounts are telling us.

According to law enforcement, two men who were arguing inside Mien Tay Quan restaurant were asked to leave. One of the men then apparently retrieved a firearm and came back to the restaurant firing his weapon. An investigator for Harris County Attorney Vince Ryan who was having dinner in the restaurant as a customer then pulled his concealed weapon and engaged the shooter, killing him as he came through the doorway.

Authorities have released very little information about the incident so far. Images posted to twitter from KHOU’s Drew Karedes from inside the Vietnamese restaurant shows tables full of food, suggesting that the restaurant had numerous customers during the attack.
It is very fortunate that no one other than the attacker was killed in the shootout.
12.JPG

At this time we do not have a reason for the attack, don’t know how many people were in the restaurant, and don’t know the identity of the attacker.
What we do know is that a good guy with a gun stopped an active shooter who was coming through the doorway of a restaurant with his gun blazing, and that lives were saved as a result of the customer drawing his weapon and killing the attacker before he was able to put accurate rounds on target.

Another oxygen thief liberal.

Dead.
Right.
There.

'Murica...Hells yeah!