How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

He probably got it through holders program.
CAMPYBOB said:
The article is light on details, Jess, but I'm guessing the 'cyclist' was from a sketchy background.

Facebook posts say the deceased did not have a CCW permit and that the BATFE was running the firearm.

My signature suggests how I would come down on this issue. Do I carry. I will not confirm or deny. Concealed means concealed. If I do I refuse to talk about it.

I would if I was riding in an area that was known to have a lot of crime... Or wild animals. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Quote by Jess:
"He probably got it through holders program"

Pssst! Hey kid! Yeah, you.

We're givin' away these here piles of assault rifles and pistolas...you DO habla the Espanol, si?

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Jess:
"He probably got it through holders program"

Pssst! Hey kid! Yeah, you.

We're givin' away these here piles of assault rifles and pistolas...you DO habla the Espanol, si?
Si Senor!

I have never even thought about using a gun. It seems quite dangerous. I do not think it should be encouraged in any manner. I do believe that things should be better than this.

Things really should be better than this. By it isn't. In today's world you will most likely end up a position to have to defend yourself. Better safe than sorry.

Goose5 said:
My signature suggests how I would come down on this issue. Do I carry. I will not confirm or deny. Concealed means concealed. If I do I refuse to talk about it.
Between you and me I also carry. In this day and age it makes sense to, I don't want to be the one who ends up dead when some nutter in a car decides to shoot me.

If some moron is killing innocent people at a church bible study for no other reason than the color of their skin...you better believe another moron out there living near you or me has an even less rational reason to take us out.

And they are probably operating a 4000+ pound projectile.

Too bad the message got lost but I agree. I do not know politically correct but I know crazy and crazy is running rampant right now.

Why in the world are Americans obsessed with guns?? The idea of carrying a firearm while riding a bike is preposterous and absurd. The rest of the world gets by just fine with out going EVERYWHERE locked and loaded. No wonder you have the highest rate of gun violence per capita in the world.

CAMPYBOB said:
Let's hope they stick a needle in him...the sooner the better.
I am going to assume this is just a joke Bob, I mean it's 2015. The death penalty is as barbaric as it is antiquated.
I am really surprised when I talk to people and they seriously consider the death penalty as still a reasonable option.

Quotes by BBBB:
"Why in the world are Americans obsessed with guns??"

Because we are forced to live with other Americans. Ones that would wax your sorry ass for looking like...a fairy in bike clothes or...for your bike or...just because it's Tuesday, somewhere.

"The idea of carrying a firearm while riding a bike is preposterous and absurd."

The idea of someone murdering me while I'm defenseless is more so. I win.

"The rest of the world gets by just fine with out going EVERYWHERE locked and loaded."

Bless their hearts! Say! I hear South African townships are particularly nice this time of year. Why don't you train there for the summer? No? Perhaps Asscrackistan's climate is better suited? Downtown Detroit, perhaps? Camden, N.J.? The South side of Chicago? It's the baddest part of town.

"No wonder you have the highest rate of gun violence per capita in the world."

We also are home to the best marksmen on the planet. That really helps our batting average.

Remember...if you aren't keeping score...you're just practicing.

"I am going to assume this is just a joke Bob, I mean it's 2015."

Joke? No more so than the idiot murdering 9 innocent people was a joke. I take death...seriously. It's kind of...final.

"The death penalty is as barbaric as it is antiquated."

So is the act of murder 9x. Actions have consequences.

"I am really surprised when I talk to people and they seriously consider the death penalty as still a reasonable option."

Well, I suppose we could all take turns beating the moron with a ball bat within an inch of his miserable life, treating his injuries and then doing it again, but folks might call us cruel or inhumane or something.

Frankly, I'm OK with locking his sorry ass up forever and a day 'if' you're the one footing the bill for his room & board in a supermax facility. That should be around $60,000 per year. We assume your check is in the mail to cover that for the first 20 years worth. No worries. We'll sent you a rebate if the prison gangs get to him before your money runs out. I'll spend my tax dollars making certain everyone knows crime does NOT pay.

And for Tsarnaev? I'll push the third plunger, myself. Terrorists that murder little children...there are not words...

I've managed to live 62 years on this planet without murdering anyone. I'm guessing I'll make my run for the grave without murdering innocent people.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quotes by BBBB:
"Why in the world are Americans obsessed with guns??"

Because we are forced to live with other Americans. Ones that would wax your sorry ass for looking like...a fairy in bike clothes or...for your bike or...just because it's Tuesday, somewhere.

"The idea of carrying a firearm while riding a bike is preposterous and absurd."

The idea of someone murdering me while I'm defenseless is more so. I win.

"The rest of the world gets by just fine with out going EVERYWHERE locked and loaded."

Bless their hearts! Say! I hear South African townships are particularly nice this time of year. Why don't you train there for the summer? No? Perhaps Asscrackistan's climate is better suited? Downtown Detroit, perhaps? Camden, N.J.? The South side of Chicago? It's the baddest part of town.

"No wonder you have the highest rate of gun violence per capita in the world."

We also are home to the best marksmen on the planet. That really helps our batting average.

Remember...if you aren't keeping score...you're just practicing.

"I am going to assume this is just a joke Bob, I mean it's 2015."

Joke? No more so than the idiot murdering 9 innocent people was a joke. I take death...seriously. It's kind of...final.

"The death penalty is as barbaric as it is antiquated."

So is the act of murder 9x. Actions have consequences.

"I am really surprised when I talk to people and they seriously consider the death penalty as still a reasonable option."

Well, I suppose we could all take turns beating the moron with a ball bat within an inch of his miserable life, treating his injuries and then doing it again, but folks might call us cruel or inhumane or something.

Frankly, I'm OK with locking his sorry ass up forever and a day 'if' you're the one footing the bill for his room & board in a supermax facility. That should be around $60,000 per year. We assume your check is in the mail to cover that for the first 20 years worth. No worries. We'll sent you a rebate if the prison gangs get to him before your money runs out. I'll spend my tax dollars making certain everyone knows crime does NOT pay.

And for Tsarnaev? I'll push the third plunger, myself. Terrorists that murder little children...there are not words...

I've managed to live 62 years on this planet without murdering anyone. I'm guessing I'll make my run for the grave without murdering innocent people.
Bob my man I love your posts, I always get a kick of out them you just have a way with words. I was happy you put such an effort into your response, it was entertaining as always.

I LOVE a good debate, one with a little levity in it is always better than just a bunch of dry facts.

Funny you mention South Africa, I did a year abroad in College in Cape Town. It's is actually very beautiful in summer or winter! I suggest you check it out, Let me know if you do I might be able to pull a few strings if you like penguins.
I actually felt safer in Cape Town then I do in the bad area's of buffalo...

I live in Canada, we have 30 million people and America has 300 million.
Yet we still WOOP your butts at sharpshooter competitions.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/canadian-military-marksmen-take-top-prize-at-competition
I have one friend who went into the military, he says UK and Canada have the worlds best marksman, American's are only above-average.

I just don't understand the American gun mentality (I understand many other things about why America is great, I mean you don't see people like Elon Musk moving anywhere but America when they want to change the world.) If you just didn't let people walk around armed and dangerous, then your wouldn't have to be packing heat yourself to feel safe. One side of my family is really big into hunting, I grew up knowing about, using and respecting rifles. But if we were not hunting, the guns remained locked up. I was taught to fear and respect a firearm at a very young age. None of that side of my family feels any inclination to a "right" to walk around with a loaded handgun. I actually don't think most Americans respect guns, they just view them as toys.

The death penalty. I have two views on it, one is grounded in facts and one is just my gut.
My gut says that under no circumstances, should a government be allowed to end the life of one of it's citizens. Ever. Period. I just don't trust them with that decision. It flaunts the rule of law. It's open to widespread abuse, misuse and just plain incompetence. Death is permanent. You can't go back and fix a mistake when you kill someone. I don't care what the person did or what kind of monster they are, the death penalty just lowers us to their level.
Facts show that the death penalty does NOT work as a deterrent to crime, the states that use it the most actually have the highest crime rates.
http://cjlf.org/deathpenalty/DezRubShepDeterFinal.pdf
http://deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=82
The death penalty does NOT costs less then regular incarceration, in some cases it's the same and in some cases it's actually MORE.
Court costs alone on a capital punishment case are 5x on a regular case, that can run to up $500 000 in greasy lawyer fees. The procedure it'self is expensive, and you are still paying to lock them up before the are killed. So how about I pay the first $60 000 and you pay the other $940 000 for each case (62 years old, you had a long time to save up for it)
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

My final point is only Asscrackistan's type nations still use the death penalty! No reasonable first world country still uses it, because they look at the facts and realize it's just plain stupid policy.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/justice/american-executions-death-penalty-infographic/

I mean if you guys wanted to be famous for being backwards, just stick to using imperial units.

Quote by BBBB:
"I actually felt safer in Cape Town then I do in the bad area's of buffalo..."

That's understandable, however I 'feel' safe in neither because I'm not. Bot are dangerous areas. Most large population centers are.

"I live in Canada, we have 30 million people and America has 300 million."

Canadians are Americans that are just colder. And drink milk from bags.

"Yet we still WOOP your butts at sharpshooter competitions.
http://ottawacitizen...-at-competition"

Uh...er...just...no.

"At least one person had a crossfire shot on their target from another soldier who accidentally fired in the wrong direction"

And you Canadian Bacon types use our Armalite M16/M4 rifles anyways. Diemaco is a Colt clone. U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! Congrats on one small win at an unknown event, but perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the words of Admiral Yamamoto as to why he opposed the Japanese invading America during WW2. I'm sure you'll find them with Google. Pro Tip: Use the search words "rifle-behind-every-bush.

"I have one friend who went into the military, he says UK and Canada have the worlds best marksman, American's are only above-average."

Your friend, like most Canadians with frozen brains, is very much incorrect.

"One side of my family is really big into hunting..."

Cool. But...the Second Amendment ain't about duck hunting, Bunkie. It's about freedom from tyrants, oppressive governments and the right to protect oneself and family from the actions of criminals. Yes, we are citizens here in the States. Not subjects.

We have the inalienable and God given RIGHT...as in, NOT handed down by mere men... the sacred RIGHT to protect ourselves with firearms.

Our Republic was found by the courage of men armed with firearms. It was a land conquered with firearms. It is a land defended by firearms. We are a people knit together by the ability to live free, knowing we can defend our rights and way of life with firearms if need be.

"I was taught to fear and respect a firearm at a very young age."

Nice slip. Now why would anyone "fear" a firearm??? It's just steel and plastic and wood or aluminum. It's an inanimate object. I would suggest counseling and perhaps a course in rational thinking. I'm just glad you didn't see me last night working on a drainage project with a pistol holstered on my hip. Thar be dragons in them woods!

"Facts show that the death penalty does NOT work as a deterrent to crime,"

Um...it works just fine by me.

"the states that use it the most actually have the highest crime rates."

Well...duh! Of course they use it. BECAUSE they have high crime rates. Punishments do not cause crime. Crimes cause punishments. Logic and causation...how does it work?

"The death penalty does NOT costs less then regular incarceration..."

I agree. We can streamline the process and save money, but I'm OK with most of the checks & balances built into the system. 'Buying' the death option at least yields a result that eliminates the problem.

I only have known one guy that committed murder. A double homicide. He shot his girlfriend and her mother to death with a .22 LR rifle back in the early 1970's. An eyewitness (wounded neighbor) and physical evidence galore. He was convicted...forget his prison sentence now, but he did 38 years in prison and was released a couple of years ago.

Lesson learned...right? Rehabilitated, of course?

Not! He raped a woman and sexually assaulted another. Guess what? He's back in prison and will probably die there on our dime. I have no doubt that he would eventually kill someone again. Some people are just plain broken. Their punishments should be in proportion to their crimes. He killed two innocent humans. We should have ended him long ago for his deed.

"No reasonable first world country still uses it..."

Like Japan? I mean, those Japanese dudes are pretty reasonable first world types to me. After all, they gave us fuel efficient little cars and shitmaNO stuff in return for some canned sunshine and baseball.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
Why in the world are Americans obsessed with guns?? The idea of carrying a firearm while riding a bike is preposterous and absurd. The rest of the world gets by just fine with out going EVERYWHERE locked and loaded. No wonder you have the highest rate of gun violence per capita in the world.
Why in the world do you even care about what Americans do on thier own soil as long as it does not affect other countries (death penaly, gun control for example). I don't give a hoot what your country does and I do not critique what your country does because I do not live in your country and I am not a citizen of your country.

In my world it is called MYOB. You have no need to understand anything or to criticize anything. Care about your little old country and I will worry about mine. That sir is called respect,.

Remember the words...

"Oh Canada! We stand on guard for thee!"

Well, no one ever guarded anything with a frame pump in one hand and hope in the other one.

It's OK, Mengtian. Even many 'Muricans!' are freaked out by firearms, the need to use them and our application of the death penalty against serious crimes. I chalk it up to the pussification and feminization of what passes for the thin veneer we refer to as civilization.

BBBB's a decent dude and he's certainly got a right...at least according to our Constitution...to express his opinion. I'll even defend his right to disagree with me. It's the American way.

He's been respectful, in my book he knows some of my points and language is in fun and entertainment. I like most Canadians. They're good people even if they are mostly in lockstep with the English as they walk straight into Hell together.

Say! This series of post now requires me to post a firearm picture!

In honor of Canada AND American...I present to you a Canadian manufactured post-WW2 STEN Mk III I built.

006-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

Of course we also honor and still use the firearms that set us free from our unjust overlords...da Engrish.

IMG_0442_zps44319094.jpg

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike