How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

thomas pendrake said:
I was a bit shocked to see this thread.

It's Ok guys. It was me who "shocked" #Thomas P. :D

"Carry" on! :D

destructionweakness.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDkCiUhHCc

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
BikeBikeBikeBike said:
This is a little two-faced.
American's are constantly telling the world how they should operate, American's have no problem telling countries like Australia that they need to change their gun laws to be more like America.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/your-gun-laws-are-a-mistake-national-rifle-association-to-australia-20150712-giaqal.html
So why is it acceptable for you guys to do this, but I can't have an opinion?
I'm trying to have a conversation and learn. Why get defensive and tell me to MYOB?
I have a HUGE need to understand the world in which I was born.
I want to learn about the American mentality because it's constantly forced upon me.
So, what you're objecting to is the FOREIGN policy of the USA. It's infuence on the world stage. Fair enough. There are actions taken by our government with which I VEHEMENTLY disagree. That's the democratic process. That being said you're 6,000 miles away on the other side of the Pacific.

Our domestic policy regarding the right to bear arms is hardly a threat to your personal security. If you visit you're in danger of being a victim of a gun crime by CRIMINALS not law abiding citizens. So, in addition to the aforementioned what you're objecting to is the perceived American over preoccupation with guns. Correct?

Check statistics. The level of gun-related crimes committed by licenced citizens with LEGAL carry permits. You'll find the level extremely low.

And the gentleman is correct. You're not ENTITLED to an opinion relative to our DOMESTIC policies. Our foreign policies are a completely different matter. Flame away. Hold your anti-American perspective as deeply as your heart allows. THAT you're entitled to, regardless.

I'm strongly against guns in general so riding with a gun just sounds plain stupid to me. Guns are to incredibly dangerous and there's way to many "accidents" because of your lose gun laws. It just sounds like trouble waiting to happen.

I'm strongly against stupid people in general.

I had a training partner bust his face up pretty good last Saturday after he sailed over the handlebars somewhere North of 20 MPH.

I guess that's because "Guns Bicycles are to too incredibly dangerous and there's way to too many "accidents" because of your lose loose gun bicycle laws. It just sounds like trouble waiting to happen."

I think we need to ban bicycles and impose 'reasonable' restrictions upon their ownership.

After all...if it only saves one small child's face...

Yeesh.

CAMPYBOB said:

I had a training partner bust his face up pretty good last Saturday after he sailed over the handlebars somewhere North of 20 MPH.

I guess that's because "Guns Bicycles are to too incredibly dangerous and there's way to too many "accidents" because of your lose loose gun bicycle laws. It just sounds like trouble waiting to happen."

I think we need to ban bicycles and impose 'reasonable' restrictions upon their ownership.

Yeesh.

So you don't think expanded background checks for bike ownership is the answer? Maybe we could restrict the number of gears a bike can have and maybe stem lengths could be held under 120 MM .

I am firmly positioned in the camp that thinks all bikes, regardless of gear capacity or eeevil features should be banned outright!

And here's another example of a senseless...and I MEAN senseless tragedy that could have been prevented by taking bicycles off the streets! And the ramps of America!

How much longer can this slaughter go on?!?!

http://wkbn.com/2015/07/14/man-dies-performing-bike-stunt/

"SAVILLE, Pa. (AP) – A bike stunt turned deadly in Perry County.
A man died after jumping a bicycle off a ramp in Saville on Saturday.
The county coroner tells Pennlive.com 46-year-old Sandy Forlizzi sustained a fractured spine after crashing the bike. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Saville, Pa is mountainous area located about 42 miles north east of Harrisburg.

Ban bikes NOW! Do it for the children! The life you save may be your own!

CAMPYBOB said:
I am firmly positioned in the camp that thinks all bikes, regardless of gear capacity or eeevil features should be banned outright!

And here's another example of a senseless...and I MEAN senseless tragedy that could have been prevented by taking bicycles off the streets! And the ramps of America!

How much longer can this slaughter go on?!?!

http://wkbn.com/2015/07/14/man-dies-performing-bike-stunt/

"SAVILLE, Pa. (AP) – A bike stunt turned deadly in Perry County.
A man died after jumping a bicycle off a ramp in Saville on Saturday.
The county coroner tells Pennlive.com 46-year-old Sandy Forlizzi sustained a fractured spine after crashing the bike. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Saville, Pa is mountainous area located about 42 miles north east of Harrisburg.

Ban bikes NOW! Do it for the children! The life you save may be your own!

But I just ordered a new custom frame with a Confederate flag motif. Wal Mart wouldn't make it for me so I had to go to a real bike shop. Last time I will shop at Wal Mart for a bike frame. Bob everyone has the right to act stupid at times but some abuse that right and in turn reduce the population.

Bikes don't kill people ... People kill people.

Simple answer, ban people and no more violence.

It will be very peaceful once **** sapiens is gone .... Well except for the ongoing violence other species inflict on each other to survive.

Maybe the answer is to detonate all of the nukes at once to "cleanse" the planet. One big orgy of violence and then peace.

In the meantime, they will have to pry my bikes from my cold dead hands.

welshdude3 said:
So, what you're objecting to is the FOREIGN policy of the USA. It's infuence on the world stage. Fair enough. There are actions taken by our government with which I VEHEMENTLY disagree. That's the democratic process. That being said you're 6,000 miles away on the other side of the Pacific.

Our domestic policy regarding the right to bear arms is hardly a threat to your personal security. If you visit you're in danger of being a victim of a gun crime by CRIMINALS not law abiding citizens. So, in addition to the aforementioned what you're objecting to is the perceived American over preoccupation with guns. Correct?

Check statistics. The level of gun-related crimes committed by licenced citizens with LEGAL carry permits. You'll find the level extremely low.

And the gentleman is correct. You're not ENTITLED to an opinion relative to our DOMESTIC policies. Our foreign policies are a completely different matter. Flame away. Hold your anti-American perspective as deeply as your heart allows. THAT you're entitled to, regardless.
First off I can hold whatever opinion I want on whatever topic I wish. NO ONE has jurisdiction over my thoughts. You don't have to agree with them and I don't have any entitlement to them being accepted as truths, but I shall think as I please on any subject I please.

Now I don't think you have actually read anything I wrote, you just spewed a bunch of tired old arguments I have heard again and again.
At least when others have responded (like Bob) they actually took the time to read what I wrote and responded to it, which I appreciated because I am not actually interested in arguing opinions I just want to have a conversation and gain insights. Plus Bob is freaking hilarious.

I never mentioned anything about the foreign policy of the government of the USA. I linked an article from the NRA trying to influence the domestic policy of Australia. That's a bunch of pro-gun private American citizens like yourself telling a foreign government how to do it's business.
Basically your people are doing exactly what you are telling me I cannot do.

I also never said I was anti-American. I'm fact I am a huge fan of America. I have met many great American people. America has given the world a tonne of great things. I am happy with the fact USA is the dominate world power and not places like Russia or China.
I don't understand why trying to talk about a subject is met with such defensive hostility. Typically when people become defensively hostile it's because they don't really have any good points to add to the subject matter at hand.

Domestic policy of the USA has HUGE implications for people living outside the USA. More small arms are manufactured in the USA than anywhere in the world. Those guns go on to kill millions upon millions of people world-wide. America's preoccupation with small arms most certainly has to do with this. All arms are manufactured legally before they make it to the black market, leak across borders and kill people in my country.

Now funny thing is I never said anywhere "Hey America you should change stuff!" Nope, I just offered up a couple reasonable, rational thoughts. I just wanted the same in return.

CAMPYBOB said:

Yeesh.
ha ha ha ha.
Do you do standup comedy Bob? I always get a kick our of your sarcastic posts.

Anyways one point I wanted to talk about is purpose.
See handguns have one purpose, they are specifically engineered to be efficient at killing humans. Oh sure they are fun, they can be used for target practice and a number of other activities.
But at the end of the day, the primary purpose of small arms is to kill people. That is what the engineers at the gun companies think about when the design new weapons, how can we make something that's really good at killing humans.

Oh sure TONNES of other stuff is good a killing humans too, but arms are one of the few items that is made with that specific purpose in mind.
This is why many nations across the globe have put restrictions on their ownership.

Quote by MBB:
"Bikes don't kill people ... People kill people."

And a fork made Mikey Moore a fat ass libtard. Ban forks!

Yes gun are designed to kill and or potentially inflict harm and I can state that the danger they present is transparent and foreseeable as opposed to other hidden perils that present more potential risks due to the fact that we have become comfortable with those risks such as driving.

Quote by BBB:
"Oh sure TONNES of other stuff is good a killing humans too, but arms are one of the few items that is made with that specific purpose in mind."

"But at the end of the day, the primary purpose of small arms is to kill people."

Hold on a second there...

I am a competitive target shooter.
I am a hunter.
I rid my property of destructive varmints.
I defend my life, the lives of my family and my property.

And yes, I carry firearms to protect myself.

Let me post an example picture of one of my target rifles. It's great for scoring 'X's in competition, but not so good at killing humans. Yes, it 'can' kill a human being, but I could just as easily kill you with a butter knife. Training and mindset count for much. The actual tool used to do the job...not so much.

1907_2213big.jpg

I could win the Olympic 3-Position medal with this rifle or...take out a school bus full of nuns and babies. Now which do you think a law-abiding citizen is going to do?

Here's another of my target rifles: This one was used by the military armed forces as a training rifle in defense of our nation and provided the marksmen that did nothing less than to save the world from tyranny and oppression...a threat we still face today (see also Muslim extremism).

007-2.jpg

And another:

1407-6.jpg

How about one of my fine English hunting rifles? Or is that a deadly 'sniper' rifle that will take a man down at 500 yards?

DSCF0189.jpg

So...what are the "purposes" of those firearms above?

They'll kill you to death just as dead or deader than any of my select-fire or suppressed military weapons and raise not an eyebrow.

But, you have to ask yourself one question...do I feel luc...er...what good and decent man, such as myself, that owns firearms would harm a hair on YOUR head? It's just not going to happen unless you do something very, very dumb and illegal.

My National Constitution AND my State Constitution BOTH enumerate my right to own and bear arms. We are not a nation of slaves and pussies. We fear no inanimate piece of steel and wood. We WILL defend ourselves against those that would usurp our rights and privileges as CITIZENS of this great Republic.

$15,000 worth of high-accuracy rifles pictured and you bring up my antique CRT?!?!

Pics take several 'puters ago. Like the drafting table the computer sits on (a 1934 Hamilton brand that came out of the Timken Company's engineering department, BTW) that rig was obsolete years ago.

Online since 1989. Remember Genie, Prodigy and CompuServe? Remember dial-in message boards?

Everything else was self explanatory. The one item that didn't fit was the monitor.