How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

Joe West said:
Hi All,

As luck would have it, I'm in Washington DC this week in a political science class for my MBA. I've only been able to discuss the Supreme Court ruling with the Taxi driver who took me to the hotel here in DC, but it was pretty clear that he hadn't given the ruling much thought (which I'm sure is understandable when you work 12 hours a day to make a living as a cab driver... not much free time to think about such luxury items as Supreme Court rulings).

Tomorrow my class meets with some senators but unfortunately, all are Republican and share similar views to mine when it comes to second amendment freedoms so I doubt there will be much lively debate on the topic.

Joe
The unfortunate taxi driver was probably just being polite. No doubt he was bored to death.
Hey Joey...how about another 50 photos of the box your bike was in?
Scintillating stuff...... I haven't seen such a fascinating bike box in my whole life..... :D :D

stevebaby said:
The unfortunate taxi driver was probably just being polite. No doubt he was bored to death.
Scintillating stuff...... I haven't seen such a fascinating bike box in my whole life..... :D :D
Ever notice how when liberals can't make up anymore "facts" to bolster their position, they resort to cute little jabs and veiled insults?

it's funny... I remember the day it came and I swear it was like Christmas... almost as good a feeling as the first brand new bicycle I received when I was roughly 12.

That's probably the best I can do to explain the sequence of pictures :)

stevebaby said:

kdelong said:
Ever notice how when liberals can't make up anymore "facts" to bolster their position, they resort to cute little jabs and veiled insults?
If that cute little jab was directed my way.....I'm not a Liberal... :D :D :D

kdelong said:
so by your own definition that comment would make you a liberal! Isn't "cute little jabs and veiled insults" a cute little jab and a veiled insult in itself? I'm not sure what you think a liberal is, but presumably it's something distasteful.

ProfTournesol said:
so by your own definition that comment would make you a liberal! Isn't "cute little jabs and veiled insults" a cute little jab and a veiled insult in itself? I'm not sure what you think a liberal is, but presumably it's something distasteful.
Katielong's definition of 'liberal' is 'anyone to the left of Charles Manson'. :D

Isn't "cute little jabs and veiled insults" a cute little jab and a veiled insult in itself?

No.

It's an accurate description of the moronic comments made by a complete tool that had nothing useful to add to the conversation.

I'm so glad I could clear that up for you professor.

Please let me know if I can be of service to you in your search for the definition of a liberal.

Katielong's definition of 'liberal' is 'anyone to the left of Charles Manson'.

Another moronic comment from a ****stick waste of oxygen to illuminate the point. Steve, your village called. They want their idiot back.

CAMPYBOB said:
Isn't "cute little jabs and veiled insults" a cute little jab and a veiled insult in itself?

No.

It's an accurate description of the moronic comments made by a complete tool that had nothing useful to add to the conversation.

I'm so glad I could clear that up for you professor.

Please let me know if I can be of service to you in your search for the definition of a liberal.

Katielong's definition of 'liberal' is 'anyone to the left of Charles Manson'.

Another moronic comment from a ****stick waste of oxygen to illuminate the point. Steve, your village called. They want their idiot back.
Hey Spongebob...that was pretty good!

For a child. :D
Ask your mommy if she knows some more of this funny stuff!

From the NRA "Armed Citizen" files.

The Sentinel, Orlando, FL, 10/18/97
State: FL American Rifleman Issue: 4/1/1998 Peter Sabatini of Orlando was riding his bicycle one afternoon when he was attacked by a youth armed with what later turned out to be a pellet pistol. The attacker threatened him with the gun and tried to take the bike. Fearing for his life, Sabatini, a carry permit holder, drew his .45 pistol and fatally shot his assailant. The youth had a criminal history.

Meh...one less dirtbag on the street. I'm not crying over this one either.

Hey Spongebob...that was pretty good!

It was my pleasure, Steve. ***** slapping pointy little troll heads back into their dirty holes is a service to society I'm glad to perform.

For a child. :D
Ask your mommy if she knows some more of this funny stuff!

...and not even very talented troll at that.

The Sun, Baltimore, MD, 5/15/92 State: MD American Rifleman Issue: 8/1/1992 Witnesssing two women being repeatedly stabbed in front of his bicycle shop in Balitimore, Md., Sandy Mandel grabbed his licensed .45 and went to intervene. He chased the knife-wielding assailant for a block, but when the attacker turned and raised his knife, Mandel fired a single shot, wounding him.

The Times, Seattle, WA, 4/12/90 State: WA American Rifleman Issue: 6/1/1990 A Seattle, Wash., man was riding his bicycle when he saw a group of 20 to 30 young people standing along the street. The bicyclist crossed the steet to avoid them, but some of the group pursued and attacked him. They pulled him off the bicycle, knocked him to the ground and continued to beat him. The man drew his registered handgun and shot one of the youths to halt the attack. The wounded attacker, who was identified by police as a teen gang member, fled but was later apprehended by police and charged with assault.

Hey everyone,
As a Federal Law Enforcement Agent I am in total agreement with the carrying of firearms while cycling. Just for info, whatever State you are licensed in for a CCW, do not carry a firearm while riding on any Federal propertyy(This is any park, land management or National forest under the Dept. of Interior and any other exclusive Federal property). It's a federal offense (branded on your record for life) and there are no exceptions. I unfortunately have had to arrest numerous people in the past for the carrying of firearms, some cyclists. Watch for that sign that states you are subject to search while on exclusive federal property. Good cycling and be safe.

deckard,

We are working hard to get ccw legalized in fedparks, BLM land, etc. I hope this change takes place this fall.

Safe cycling to you, also, and i hope your LEO career is likewise safe.

Yes, this fine, upstanding 'citzen' would kill you for the $4 in your wallet or the $300 or $3000 machine you're riding.

Beg nicely and he 'might' let you live.

Nah! He'ld "bust a cap in yo ass, yo!" just so he could brag to his thug buddies how he jacked up a dude and pawned the bike for a rock of crack.

Fo shizzle, my nizzles!

Thugboy has no respect for the law. He doesn't care if guns are legal, illegal or a protected species. He doesn't care if you bleed out laying on a cold, dirty street gutter thinking of your wife and kids as your life ebbs away.

All he cares about is his next 'high'. His next big 'score'. His next victim.

Will it be you?

And will you go willingly to the slaughter, with no defense?

The police can't be everywhere. They may lock up your killer, but they probably CAN'T stop him in the act. Only YOU will get that option.

CAMPYBOB said:
Yes, this fine, upstanding 'citzen' would kill you for the $4 in your wallet or the $300 or $3000 machine you're riding.

Nah! He'ld "bust a cap in yo ass, yo!" just so he could brag to his thug buddies how he jacked up a dude and pawned the bike for a rock of crack.

Fo shizzle, my nizzles!

Thugboy has no respect for the law. He doesn't care if guns are legal, illegal or a protected species. He doesn't care if you bleed out laying on a cold, dirty street gutter thinking of your wife and kids as your life ebbs away.

Will it be you?

The police can't be everywhere. They may lock up your killer, but they probably CAN'T stop him in the act. Only YOU will get that option.
I don't know which is more stupid. The notion that you need to carry a gun around for the rest of your life to protect yourself from the satan-inspired baddies who want to kill you for little reason... or the notion that you would have any chance of defending yourself with a gun in your saddlebag...if some guy wants to pop you from a car or ambush you with a gunshot from the sidewalk.

If you have the 10-20 seconds necessary to make your shot in defense before he shoots you... you probably could have ridden away from him. What scenario are you exactly imagining where you are able to defend yourself on a bike against another with a gun who wants to kill you? Even if you had the gun in a holster around your waist... he'd probably have shot you within a second of you seeing him... or being aware of him. If he was in a car... you wouldn't even have a second. False sense of security IMO. Try to ride around nicer neighborhoods would be my advice.

BTW apologies if this has already been brought up before. I haven't got the will to scan through 2,000+ posts. I suspect that there are a couple of NRA members here, including the OP, who want to keep bumping this thread to the top of the page all the time. I guess I have taken the bait. Fire away gun-toters.

CAMPYBOB said:

Fo shizzle, my nizzles!

Will it be you?

I can detect that the thinly veiled racists are alive and well in this thread...

I can detect that the thinly veiled racists are alive and well in this thread...

Incorrect, but thanks for playing.

Stoopid comes in all colors.

Living proof of that is evident all over this thread.

Now, be a good little color blind koolaid drinker and go ask the Toledo "Blade" exactly why they published the picture of Mr. Thug.

There are a number of very detailed examples in this tread; you can do a thread search fairly easily (without reading all the posts).

Joe
NRA Life Member and Gun Owners of America Life Member :)

Crankyfeet said:
BTW apologies if this has already been brought up before. I haven't got the will to scan through 2,000+ posts. I suspect that there are a couple of NRA members here, including the OP, who want to keep bumping this thread to the top of the page all the time. I guess I have taken the bait. Fire away gun-toters.

CAMPYBOB said:

Incorrect, but thanks for playing.

Stoopid comes in all colors.

Living proof of that is evident all over this thread.

Now, be a good little color blind koolaid drinker and go ask the Toledo "Blade" exactly why they published the picture of Mr. Thug.
So, are you or are you not a racist? Most racists will scurry away and deny the fact, but you appear to be a upstanding, no-nonsense, straight-talking kind of guy so expect you admit readily to how you feel.

I'm fully aware that "stoopid" comes in all colors. However, racists like to focus on only the "stoopidity" of the race(s) they look down upon and will dismiss/rationalize/deny the "stoopidity" of their own.