How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

Big ***** libtard trollbaby would have handed over his welfare money.

Fortunately, this lady had more spine than stevo! C'mon, lardass...ru your gut over here and take a report.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Fort Smith, Arkansas

From December 17, 2008 KFSM channel 5:

FORT SMITH - She's a woman who knows how to protect herself as two men who tried to rob her found out. What they didn't know was the woman is licensed to carry a concealed weapon...and yes, she was packing heat.

"A lady was flagged over Sunday evening about 6 p.m. on the interstate between Kelley Highway and the Arkansas river bridge." Lt. Steve Coppinger with State Police says that two men in a car signaled that the woman was getting a flat tire.

"When she pulled over to check her tires one of those person in that other car got out and attempted to rob her at knife point."

But what the thief didn't expect happened next. Coppinger says the female driver pulled out her handgun.

"She pointed that at her attacker and he backed away, got in the car and they fled."

Investigators say the would-have-been victim was able to turn the tables because she had a concealed carry permit. State police are keeping some details of the investigation close to their vest so they will know when they get the right guys. Right now, officials are saying they believe this to be an isolated incident.

Hut, hut, hut, hut, hut, hut!!!

Workout time for the ex-water poleeceman and cleanup of brain-splatter on aisle five please!

Pick 'em up high, trollbaby! Time to get your fatass over to the crime scene to take your report and chalk outline that body (bend at the knees).

Another libtard moron wealth redistributionist goes off to met Chuckie Darwin!

Well don't just stand there eating that donut...go record history for us! Get yer **** in gear. Society expects you to serve an protect...after the fact.

Terrel, Texas

From the MyFoxDFW of December 18, 2008
Dog Walker Kills Armed Teen Robber, Police Say

A man walking his dog in Terrell on Wednesday fatally shot an armed 17-year-old robber, police said.

The incident happened at about 10:20 p.m. in Ben Gill Park in the 100 block of Lions Club Lane where, police said, a group of teen robbers surrounded the man.

According to investigators, Markee Lamar Johnson pulled out a gun and the 47-year-old man, a licensed concealed handgun owner, fired shots.

The 17-year-old Terrell High School student was struck in the head and died at Parkland Hospital. His weapon was recovered at the scene and later determined to be stolen during a separate offense in Terrell, according to police.

Police said they would not likely file charges against the man.

"I think in this particular situation, it would be a clear example of someone exercising their rights to protect themselves under the law," Capt. A.D. Sanson said.

Three other teen suspects fled the scene in a vehicle that was recovered in the 300 block of S. Park Street, police said.

Police identified the the other suspects and arrested one of them. Ryan Scott Patterson, 17, is charged with aggravated robbery.

The robbery victim, who did not want to be identified, was not injured.

dhk2 said:
Interesting stats all right, but let's compare actual murder rates, not all violent crimes which cover a lot of non-gun-related territory. My comparison was between the murder rates in my home state of AL (with liberal gun and CCW laws) versus the states of MA and CT, states who I believe have tighter gun laws (and much lower rates of gun ownership according to your chart), as well as much lower murder rates than AL.

To me, this limited slice of data shows that more gun ownership doesn't seem to lower homicide rates in a state. I can't explain the variations, but the notion that "when everyone is armed, we'll all be safe" just doesn't ring true to me. Iraq may or may not be a valid illustration of this point.

Note, none of the above means I am against gun ownership rights for responsible adult citizens in the US. The challenge of course is sorting out the responsible and stable among us, and then keeping the weapons away from all the rest.
Members from UK/AUS tend to avoid violent crime rate discussions, as their countries have traded tiny reductions in firearms homicide rates for large increases in violent crime rates.

AUSVCR2006.jpg

When you cherry pick a few states, you can come up with whatever conclusion you want to come up with on the debate.

These guys - Soc Sci Med. 2007 Feb;64(3):656-64. Epub 2006 Oct 27. State-level homicide victimization rates in the US in relation to survey measures of household firearm ownership, 2001-2003.Miller M, Hemenway D, Azrael D. Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA - correlated firearms homicide with gun ownership, but had to exclude DC from their analysis or the opposite conclusion is found. They said as DC wasn't a state they didn't include DC, but that's a pretty bogus excuse.

Their most solid conclusion is that guns used in firearms homicides most often come from homes that own guns. Quite the shocker - I guess we can't be blaming the homeless...

stevebaby said:
...and that proves what?

New Hampshire has very unrestrictive gun laws but is 45th in firearms homicide rate among the US states http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-death-rate-per-100-000

I guess even though crime is dropping in Victoria, violent crime is on the rise in AUS as a whole, as demonstrated in the figure above from http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violence/stats/

BMI..24.7.

As i suspected. Butthurt and thick as a brick...only the brick is smarter.

Not to worry.Your fat will keep your dense head afloat, ex-water poleeceman.

Here's another Darwin Award Candidate to go put a quick chalk ouline around.

He even made television and Youtube.

Keep preaching your insanity, moron. It's a good laugh. These ladies have a better grasp of reality than you ever will. Dumbass.

Centerfield, Utah

From March 9, 2009 KSL channel 5:

Centerfield resident Antonio Ramos, 42, was killed when one of the women he was robbing grabbed his gun and shot him in the head. Surveillance video from the store captured the robbery and Ramos' final moments on tape.

"[There's] a lot of talk about, wondering what went wrong and what happened for sure. Until we are done, fully, with our investigation, there will those questions like there would be in any small town," said Centerfield Police Chief Stewart Jensen.

This is the first robbery Jensen has ever dealt with in his 10 years on the force in Centerfield, which is located south of Gunnison.

Just after midnight, police say Ramos approached an employee as she was taking out the garbage, pointed a gun at her and forced her inside.

Ramos told one employee to tie up the other, and then tried to tie up the second worker himself. A few moments later, video shows the gunman put down his .22-caliber rifle and slip it onto the counter.

The clerk who was already tied up appears to remain calm and, in a brief moment, goes for the gun.

She grabbed the rifle and fired, striking the robber once in the head. When police arrived, Ramos was dead.

"They did a good job defending themselves, under the circumstances. They had no idea what was going to happen to them after they were tied up, so I think they did what they felt they needed to do," said Sanpete County sheriff's Sgt. Greg Peterson.

There's surveillance video of the event.

Video here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5802132

Watch closley and you'll see the ex-water poleeceman NOT on scene to record history. OOPS! replaced by a video camera and a oung lady with more smarts than trollbaby.

Ah..what the hell! Why not?! One more Darwin Award Candidate for the local libtard moron troll to chalk outline. He needs the exercise.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Bond Hill, Ohio

From Local 12 of March 4, 2009
Bond Hill Apartment Resident Shoots, Kills Robber

A Bond Hill man shot and killed a robber who tried to break into his home this morning.

Police were called to the 7600 block of Glenmeadow Lane around 9:45 a.m.

Two men reportedly broke into an apartment there. The apartment owner was shot in the leg. The victim then opened fire on the suspects. One robber, 19 year old Gerald Womble of Avondale was shot and killed in the hallway. The second robber escaped.

One man who was waiting in the parking lot for his granddaughter told Local 12 he heard four or five shots. It's not clear whether the apartment resident pursued the robbers out of the apartment.

The resident who was shot in the leg was taken to University Hospital and he is expected to be okay.

Off to ride so I don't end up like trollbaby, a fatass libtard moron.

Why, you're tiny!
I suppose that helps when you buy frocks. ..ladyboy. :D

All those guns don't seem to deter criminals, do they?

cbjesseeNH said:
Members from UK/AUS tend to avoid violent crime rate discussions, as their countries have traded tiny reductions in firearms homicide rates for large increases in violent crime rates.

AUSVCR2006.jpg

When you cherry pick a few states, you can come up with whatever conclusion you want to come up with on the debate.

These guys - Soc Sci Med. 2007 Feb;64(3):656-64. Epub 2006 Oct 27. State-level homicide victimization rates in the US in relation to survey measures of household firearm ownership, 2001-2003.Miller M, Hemenway D, Azrael D. Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA - correlated firearms homicide with gun ownership, but had to exclude DC from their analysis or the opposite conclusion is found. They said as DC wasn't a state they didn't include DC, but that's a pretty bogus excuse.

Their most solid conclusion is that guns used in firearms homicides most often come from homes that own guns. Quite the shocker - I guess we can't be blaming the homeless...
That may be true enough. The only reason I looked up the stats was because that link article which stated my home state has a low murder rate due to the high rate of gun ownership. It sounded like pure BS to me.....and sure enough, it was, since our murder rate is one of the highest in the nation.

With Sonia Sotomayer coming up for confirmation to the Supreme Court, gun totin cyclists should be up in arms. Here's some text from the Gun Owners of America (which... if you don't belong, you should... excellent organization and much more conservative than the NRA):

Obama Picks Anti-gun Judge for the Supreme Court
-- Time to start contacting your Senators right away

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
http://www.gunowners.org

Friday, May 29, 2009

Unless you've taken a very long Memorial Day vacation, you've no doubt
heard the big news.

President Obama has picked an anti-gun radical to replace Justice David
Souter on the Supreme Court.

Obama's pick is Judge Sonia Sotomayor, who is currently on the U.S.
Court of Appeals for the Second District. There she has racked up an
anti-Second Amendment record and has displayed contempt for the rule of
law under the Constitution.

The Heller decision put the Supreme Court in support of the
Constitutional protection of the individual right to keep and bear arms.
Sotomayor, a politically correct lover of centralized government power
(as long as she is part of the power elite), immediately went into
counter-attack mode against the Heller decision.

Sotomayor was part of a three-judge panel earlier this year which ruled
in Maloney v. Cuomo that the Second Amendment does not apply to the
states. As she and her cohorts claimed, the Supreme Court has not yet
incorporated the states under the Second Amendment. Until then, she
believes, the Second only applies to the District of Columbia.

This is pure judicial arrogance -- something Sotomayor relishes (as long
as she is one of the ruling judges). In fact, protection of the right
to keep and bear arms was a major objective for enactment of the
Fourteenth Amendment, as recently freed slaves were being disarmed and
terrorized in their neighborhoods.

But Sotomayor disdains this important right of individuals, as indicated
by an earlier opinion from 2004. In United States v. Sanchez-Villar,
she stated that "the right to possess a gun is clearly not a fundamental
right."

Sotomayor has held very anti-gun views, even as far back as the 1970s.
Fox Cable News reported yesterday that in her senior thesis at Princeton
University, she wrote that America has a "deadly obsession"
with guns
and that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an individual right to
firearms ownership.

Sotomayor's Second Amendment views go hand in hand with her politically
correct views on the law and the role of judges.

In a speech given at Duke University in 2005, she made it abundantly
clear that judges are involved in making policy. Realizing that this
did not sound very judicial (even though most judges act on this basis),
Sotomayor tried to laugh off her brazen admission: "I know this is on
tape and I should never say that, [audience laughing], because we don't
make law -- I know. Um, okay. I know, I'm not promoting it, I'm not
advocating it." The audience continued to laugh. They got the joke.

But Sotomayor's joke will be on us and our liberties if she gets
confirmed to the Supreme Court. And that is why we need to start
contacting our Senators early and often, urging them to vote against
this dangerous nomination.

ACTION: Please contact your two Senators and urge them to oppose the
nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court. You can
go to the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at
http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm to send your Senators the
pre-written e-mail message below.

----- Pre-written letter -----

Dear Senator:

If you cherish the Second Amendment and agree that it protects an
individual right to keep and bear arms -- as stated by the recent Heller
decision -- then you must vote against Judge Sonia Sotomayor.

This choice for the Supreme Court is totally unacceptable! Consider a
partial rendering of her anti-gun record:

* Sotomayor ruled in United States v. Sanchez-Villar (2004) that "the
right to possess a gun is clearly not a fundamental right."

* Sotomayor was part of a three-judge panel earlier this year which
ruled in Maloney v. Cuomo that the Second Amendment does not apply to
the states. This makes her more liberal than the Ninth Circuit, which
stated in April that the Second Amendment does apply to the states.

* Sotomayor has held very anti-gun views, even as far back as the 1970s.
Fox Cable News reported on May 28 that in her senior thesis at Princeton
University, she wrote that America has a "deadly obsession"
with guns
and that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an individual right to
firearms ownership.

I will consider a vote in favor of Sotomayor as the most anti-gun vote a
Senator could cast. To send an anti-gun liberal judge to the Supreme
Court for the rest of her life is to establish "legislation without
representation." After all, she says that the courts are where policy
is made, and once she's there, we'll never be able to vote her out.

Again, please vote against this dangerous nomination.

Sincerely,

"Live Fire" radio with Larry Pratt is broadcast by the Information
Radio Network on Saturdays at 12:00 Noon Eastern. "Live Fire" is
simulcast on the web at http://inforadionet.com and previous episodes
are archived at http://irnusaradio.com/our-programs/live-fire with a
number of listening formats, including podcasts, supported.

Recent guests, among many others, have included:

* Charl van Wyk -- Gun Control in Africa
* GOA's Mike Hammond -- Socialized Medicine and Gun Control
* Dave Hardy -- Ranchers, Illegal Immigrants, and Guns

Please do not reply directly to this message, as your reply will
bounce back as undeliverable.

To subscribe to free, low-volume GOA alerts, go to
http://www.gunowners.org/ean.htm on the web. Change of e-mail
address may also be made at that location.

To unsubscribe send a message to
[email protected] with the word unsubscribe in
the subject line or use the url below.

Problems, questions or comments? The main GOA e-mail address
[email protected] is at your disposal. Please do not add that
address to distribution lists sending more than ten messages per
week or lists associated with issues other than gun rights.

---
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please visit
http://capwiz.com/gunowners/lmx/u/?j...eid=3413697611.

My Scrambler Photo Album Here:
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/album.php?u=1

My Scrambler Project History Here:
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=37054
progress.gif

Holy ****, I can't believe this, is America this... Old? Carry a gun while you cycle? Oh man, I LOVE DENMARK!

I've never seen a non-police gun, nor ever held one :eek: I don't want to either.

What is wrong with America lol, I'm glad I live in Denmark, I've never seen a non-police gun, nor ever held one, please let it be like that.

Are Americans paranoid, or?

Edit: Now it registered my first message

Joe West said:
I guess its just a cultural difference. Here... a gun is nothing more than a tool. It can be used for fun (target shooting), sport (shooting competitions, hunting), or for protection (against two or four legged animals).

The movie "Bowling for Columbine" is pure fiction... snippets of reality strung together between fictional script to tell a fictional story. I assume you are from another country, so I suspect you would not be able to detect American truth from American fiction.

And to answer your question; yes, I carry a gun into a theater with my wife (former girlfriend)... and my wife also carries a gun. In fact; she is out on a hiking trail right now packing a .40S&W Glock. Pitty the two or four legged animal which threatens her or the friends she is hiking with.

If you have more questions or comments... please, rather than be openly irritated on this forum... feel free to contact me at:

[email protected]

Kind Regards,

Joe

I guess the bottom line is... the more people tote guns, the more gun crimes there are going to be. Americans are in love with their guns and many of them still feel that the constitution sanctions their right to own guns. So... there will always be a huge number of gun crimes in America.... ergo, more people will want to carry guns for personal security... and on and on...

I can't imagine a world where I knew ½ (or more?) of the citizen I see downtown are running around with guns, I wouldn't dare to go out at all :S

Joe West said:
excellent organization and much more conservative than the NRA

Hahahahaha.... excellent, Joe.... funniest sentence I've read in a long time. Keep that neck of yours covered, buddy... the sun's hot out there :eek:

and that gets to the nub of the cultural differences: for most of the rest of the world, gun would never even appear in the same sentence as cycling.

I've just began riding with my wife, (we live in Los Angeles). 1st time on a new to us trail. We notice 6 men standing together, I look back and she's right behind me, so we keep going. As we get closer I notice a hair pin turn coming up, I think to myself shat wish I was had my piece. I dont want to freak her so we just keep going with no incident. We reach our turn around point stop for a drink and I tell her if those guys are still there just keep going dont stop, this time on only see four I think to self wounder of the other two are hiding... Anyways again no incident and this was in the around 5:00 p.m. still lite. not many riders around. I may begin to carry when we ride together.

its just aswell all you americans are so calm ,non agressive, easy going, well ballanced,peace loving,low tempered, sons of guns with all those leathal weapons around every day isnt it.......