How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

I really think that carrying a gun while cycling is too much, I mean I don't want to kill someone or figure out in a shootout just for a bike...in my opinion an all purpose utility knife or a hardened stick or a stun gun is much logical.
Never take a stick or knife to a gunfight.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
Egg-Zactly. Too many morons carry a pistol these days and aren't afraid to kill a cyclist over a road rage incident or just because we, as cyclists, made them slow down...which triggered some mental illness in their tiny drug infused brains.

I'll keep carrying my LCP. .380 is better than an empty hand or a rock or a stick or a knife.

This French racer lad was shot a couple months ago while out training. Bullet wound visible in his left shoulder.

clementdelcrosviafacebook.jpg

http://road.cc/content/news/240514-...lder-during-training-ride-someone-passing-car

An 18-year-old cyclist with the AVC Aix-en-Provence team was shot in the shoulder during a training ride on Tuesday. Clément Delcros was riding near his home in Toulouse when the incident occurred but says he has no idea why anyone would want to shoot him.

"I was at the end of a training session and was a kilometre from home,” he told Direct Velo(link is external). “I was riding at 50km/h on a gentle downhill. We were on a 'normal' road. I saw a car driving the other way and when it was alongside me, I heard a bang.

Delcros saw that he had a wound in his left shoulder, but at first assumed someone in the car had thrown a stone or something. “I really didn't realise straight away. I was bleeding heavily and I stopped immediately. People asked me if I needed help, but I was near a hospital so I went straight there, on my bike."

At the hospital, he discovered that he had a small calibre bullet deep in his shoulder. Fortunately it hadn’t struck anything serious.

• Sad
Reactions: ambal
Just wondering how many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment? Here in Arizona we can legally carry open and concealed (concealed with permit).

For long distance touring and bicycle camping... I think I'd feel safer carrying my .45 semi-auto pistol (concealed so it doesn't freak people out).

Anyone else carry while biking?

JW
All of the cops I know carry. If you have the right to carry you might want to use it. I don't like the weight or bulk of a gun. And your chances of needing it are close to zero. People use CARS to kill bicyclists and not guns. And yet cycling is far and away the safest mode of transportation.

Egg-Zactly. Too many morons carry a pistol these days and aren't afraid to kill a cyclist over a road rage incident or just because we, as cyclists, made them slow down...which triggered some mental illness in their tiny drug infused brains.

I'll keep carrying my LCP. .380 is better than an empty hand or a rock or a stick or a knife.

This French racer lad was shot a couple months ago while out training. Bullet wound visible in his left shoulder.

clementdelcrosviafacebook.jpg

http://road.cc/content/news/240514-...lder-during-training-ride-someone-passing-car

An 18-year-old cyclist with the AVC Aix-en-Provence team was shot in the shoulder during a training ride on Tuesday. Clément Delcros was riding near his home in Toulouse when the incident occurred but says he has no idea why anyone would want to shoot him.

"I was at the end of a training session and was a kilometre from home,” he told Direct Velo(link is external). “I was riding at 50km/h on a gentle downhill. We were on a 'normal' road. I saw a car driving the other way and when it was alongside me, I heard a bang.

Delcros saw that he had a wound in his left shoulder, but at first assumed someone in the car had thrown a stone or something. “I really didn't realise straight away. I was bleeding heavily and I stopped immediately. People asked me if I needed help, but I was near a hospital so I went straight there, on my bike."

At the hospital, he discovered that he had a small calibre bullet deep in his shoulder. Fortunately it hadn’t struck anything serious.
So what you're saying is that even in France - the STAR of the cycling universe - that people shoot cyclists over ROAD RAGE?

Excuse me but you're talking out of your nether regions.