How many people drink and post on-line

Dave Cutter

Jan 15, 2012
I myself, don't feel like drinking or taking drugs would contribute to my otherwise healthy cycling lifestyle. So, I avoid all but the rarest of pain medications. But, I know better cyclist than myself, that don't mind a refreshing beer after a ride. I know a couple cyclist that seem to divide their interests between drinking a cycling almost equality.

Even back in the early days of the Internet, chat rooms were often named after bars. Having a libation or two while watching TV or surfing the Web could almost be called an American tradition. I am sure many adults have had a drink at home while checking email, weather, news, forums or whatever.

But a couple other forum members have PM'ed about what apparently seems to be some forum members drunken posts. They are easy enough to spot. Angry rants, sometimes repeated nearly verbatim only hours later. What does everyone think about this? Is it a good idea to give advice while under the influence of drugs or booze?

I like to enjoy a brew or two after a long ride, but i tend to stay away from the web at that point....even though being 6'2", 260# 2 beers doesnt do much, i would rather not risk looking like a fool...LOL

I only drink when operating heavy equipment. I have a 30 pack in the garage that I will be ripping into around 7PM tonight while I operate my snow blower./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Originally Posted by davereo .

I only drink when operating heavy equipment. I have a 30 pack in the garage that I will be ripping into around 7PM tonight while I operate my snow blower./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Gotta make sure to have plenty of anti-freeze in ya before snowblowing. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Originally Posted by davereo .

Man, I tried that, and I only succeeded in pissing off the neighbors and people going by because of all the sand, rocks, and cactus bits being flung out of the snow blower. Afterward, I learned it's really hard to sell a snowblower in Tucson.

Reactions: Chavez
64Paramount said:
Quote: Originally Posted by davereo .

Gotta make sure to have plenty of anti-freeze in ya before snowblowing. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif
Lol i wait til after the snow blowing to bust out the cold ones....

I would post without having a drink but that would mean I would have to stop drinking. Seems like a major inconvenience.

Better question.....How many people get drunk and post on-line? That seems to bee a bewttwer queatont foa aske this buncchk apiohfhnipeugtnipusnhdgkjfgnskjnv.....................................

Originally Posted by kdelong .

Better question.....How many people get drunk and post on-line? That seems to bee a bewttwer queatont foa aske this buncchk apiohfhnipeugtnipusnhdgkjfgnskjnv.....................................
It's a given that you would drink or be drunk, even when posting on forums, since being drunk is about the only to handle living in Ohio. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

I definitely like to drink and post. That way when I ask everyone to vote for my friend's Rapha 500 entry (like what I'm about to do right now), I can blame it on the ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ahl-co-hol.

Please help my friend win a Trek bike from Rapha--his current bike is a Hong Kong POS. He completed the Rapha Festive 500 Challenge (500 km in 5 days) this past Christmas and created this funny video about a ride he did down in Tijuana, Mexico.

Steps to get wonderful bicycle karma:

1.Go here... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=307219949314974&set=a.307218682648434.63240.165374816832822&type=3&theater

2.Then 'LIKE' "Bicicelta Bells"

3. Drink another beer.

Originally Posted by bogieboy .

I like to enjoy a brew or two after a long ride, but i tend to stay away from the web at that point....even though being 6'2", 260# 2 beers doesnt do much, i would rather not risk looking like a fool...LOL

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain.

Advice I've unfortunately never been able to heed.

One of my good friends and I have a similar attitude towards cycling (he also jogs and swims) - it's enjoyable in and of itself, but it's also nice to have a hobby where you can spend 4-6 hrs on it and burn 4000 calories....thus enabling you to go drink 10 beers, eat a big hamburger, and still be 1000 calories in the black for the day.

As far as drunk posting - eh, it depends. I tend to be a happy drunk as opposed to an angry one, so what generally happens to me is my jokes get more off-color and my spelling and grammar nosedives. Most of my angry screeds come when I'm stone sober (or at least soberer than my general state).