How many plan on going to the revelution this month at manchester velodrome

closesupport

Banned
Jul 18, 2004
has anyone been in the past! is it always crowded and do you have to get there early for good seats or A seat???

I went to 2 events last year, and whiel their were alot of people there were plenty of seats, as a lot of people stood at the top the bends, and milled around the track centre. Thye're great events to watch and this years lineup is actually lookign even stronger than last years... I'm going to the first one this year, and am gonna watch the BUSA hill climb on the same day. :)

closesupport said:
has anyone been in the past! is it always crowded and do you have to get there early for good seats or A seat???
I've been looking at a bit of your stuff Chris, and good it is too. I think from your style that I may know you. Now tell me what do you know about Roman remains?

pokerpete said:
I've been looking at a bit of your stuff Chris, and good it is too. I think from your style that I may know you. Now tell me what do you know about Roman remains?
i know absolutely nothing about roman remains, what do you know about PLOUGH RACING.

although my partners auntie and uncle may be able to tell you alittle about them, but i'll try to stick to knowing me, it'll probably be soon enough that i get to see plenty roman rouines once in the digestive track of a worm.

where you from? don't tell me shropshire? But i must admit that some of the stuff you type is pretty funny, I love the thought of physics and cycling, i think the best cycling performance ie cornering would come best from practice, judging speeds an the amount of braking required best comes from practise, like wise that of riding.

I have this vision of future cyclist approaching a corner, pen and paper out to work out speed and braking cohefficiences when approaching corners, or working out how much power one would be required to generate as the lead group made a break and disapeared in the distance. Cycling comes best from practise and training, no doubt.

i have this scientific approach to cornering, it goes something along the lines of, when cornering, did i fall off, if so did my pedal hit the floor, if not maybe i was going to fast, mental note next time possibly approach the corner a little slower, 25mph was to fast, on wet corners i have managed to corner this type at 25mph dry, it went tits up at 22mph in the wet, lets try 18mph.

closesupport said:
i know absolutely nothing about roman remains, what do you know about PLOUGH RACING.

although my partners auntie and uncle may be able to tell you alittle about them, but i'll try to stick to knowing me, it'll probably be soon enough that i get to see plenty roman rouines once in the digestive track of a worm.

where you from? don't tell me shropshire? But i must admit that some of the stuff you type is pretty funny, but somethings i do i agree, like that of physics and cycling, i think the best cycling performance ie cornering would come best from practice, judging speeds an the amount of braking required best comes from practise, like wise that of riding.

I have this vision of future cyclist approaching a corner, pen and paper out to work out speed and braking cohefficiences when approaching corners, or working out how much power one would be required to generate as the lead group made a break and disapeared in the distance. Cycling comes best from practise and training, no doubt.
I was born and dragged up in Moston, M/c but I don't live there now. It was your style and type of humour that made me think of someone I know well, and he still lives in M/c. Hey listen I haven't started yet, just testing the limits against those sensitive yankees. I've been chucked off eurosport mb a few times, oh the good stuff that's been bleached, I could cry. Where did you do your best squats? In a Turkish restaraunt. Keep it up, I'm going to put you on my buddy list.
See ya

pokerpete said:
I was born and dragged up in Moston, M/c but I don't live there now. It was your style and type of humour that made me think of someone I know well, and he still lives in M/c. Hey listen I haven't started yet, just testing the limits against those sensitive yankees. I've been chucked off eurosport mb a few times, oh the good stuff that's been bleached, I could cry. Where did you do your best squats? In a Turkish restaraunt. Keep it up, I'm going to put you on my buddy list.
See ya
when i used to live at my parents, i used to have an old boyscout hut that was built in the garden, it was 20ft by 20ft square, with the help of my father i built a number of machines, with his help i managed to build up a large amount of weights and a number of machines, that i used to train with some 5 days a week, but 5yrs ago they moved, so i no longer have my gym some months even 6 days, depending upon what my targets where.

So this is where i did my best squats, this is where i spent a great deal of my time. when i wasn't lifing weights, or on my punchbag-speedball i would be doing weight circuits, ab workouts rowing machine or exercise bike, etc... boy do i miss it :) and when not in there i was out cycling or out doing cross country.

An english mans shed is his castle, this was true at the time. Moston is that the otherside of manchester near oldham, moss side area where the cats and dogs still walk around in packs :D for safety, where they have one window to share between the entire estate.

I`m going :D, looking forward to it too, never seen track racing live before. I bought tickets off the website to avoid dissapointment, got them through the other day but it looks like the three tickets i have are all in seperate rows albeit in the same block of seats. They are right next to the finish line too:). (oh and the bar:p)

fondriest said:
I`m going :D, looking forward to it too, never seen track racing live before. I bought tickets off the website to avoid dissapointment, got them through the other day but it looks like the three tickets i have are all in seperate rows albeit in the same block of seats. They are right next to the finish line too:). (oh and the bar:p)
http://player.narrowstep.tv/(w2wnzm2zjrlf0uf3y3hkxe55)/Default.aspx?player=cycling here you can get a rough idea of austrailia national trials and there quite fun to watch, i won't be interested in the bar. since i don't drink, and i will be incahrge of supervising my son, who i must admit is very excited about the prospects of watching all these misters racing fast on the track, maybe i can interest him in what i couldn't afford to do as a youth, maybe when he's a little older a few track lessons will have him cycling at my speed, opposed to other cyclist.

closesupport said:
http://player.narrowstep.tv/(w2wnzm2zjrlf0uf3y3hkxe55)/Default.aspx?player=cycling here you can get a rough idea of austrailia national trials and there quite fun to watch, i won't be interested in the bar. since i don't drink, and i will be incahrge of supervising my son, who i must admit is very excited about the prospects of watching all these misters racing fast on the track, maybe i can interest him in what i couldn't afford to do as a youth, maybe when he's a little older a few track lessons will have him cycling at my speed, opposed to other cyclist.

Booooooo, unfortunatley this site does not support linux :(

fondriest said:
Booooooo, unfortunatley this site does not support linux :(
lol.... i like watching the road races, mtb bmx and mountain biking here, since there is never anything of real interest on english TV

maybe you could try installing WINE, the windows emulator for linux so that you can install media player on your PC so you can view it..?? well depending upon which flavour of linux your using :D anyhow.

closesupport said:
when i used to live at my parents, i used to have an old boyscout hut that was built in the garden, it was 20ft by 20ft square, with the help of my father i built a number of machines, with his help i managed to build up a large amount of weights and a number of machines, that i used to train with some 5 days a week, but 5yrs ago they moved, so i no longer have my gym some months even 6 days, depending upon what my targets where.

So this is where i did my best squats, this is where i spent a great deal of my time. when i wasn't lifing weights, or on my punchbag-speedball i would be doing weight circuits, ab workouts rowing machine or exercise bike, etc... boy do i miss it :) and when not in there i was out cycling or out doing cross country.

An english mans shed is his castle, this was true at the time. Moston is that the otherside of manchester near oldham, moss side area where the cats and dogs still walk around in packs :D for safety, where they have one window to share between the entire estate.
That's the right Moston. I went to Moss Side once and spoke to a window cleaner, out of curiousity I asked him how he makes a living with most of the windows boarded up. Oh, that's no problem he said, I just give them a light sandpapering. That private gym of yours sounds the ticket. I had to make do with Tony Fitton. World Champion Powerlifter. and down at the YM for circuit training with a former marine PTI. Check out Tony on google. Doesn't half know some 'stuff'.

closesupport said:
lol.... i like watching the road races, mtb bmx and mountain biking here, since there is never anything of real interest on english TV

maybe you could try installing WINE, the windows emulator for linux so that you can install media player on your PC so you can view it..?? well depending upon which flavour of linux your using :D anyhow.
Luckily i have eurosport (for the road races) and extreme sports (for the gnarley stuff) but i agree, british tv sucks for sport, unless you like football. The tour of briton was on though i believe, albeit a highlights show one week after the race finished.

pokerpete said:
That's the right Moston. I went to Moss Side once and spoke to a window cleaner, out of curiousity I asked him how he makes a living with most of the windows boarded up. Oh, that's no problem he said, I just give them a light sandpapering. That private gym of yours sounds the ticket. I had to make do with Tony Fitton. World Champion Powerlifter. and down at the YM for circuit training with a former marine PTI. Check out Tony on google. Doesn't half know some 'stuff'.
i used to complete circuit training in the gym with weights or on the rugby field that was miles away from no where, pretty good; at nights, i would be off for a circuit; practise strides and other drills to help improve my running, then off for 20-30mile yomp, with runs or tabs of an evening and cycling to and from work and a marathon 26miles run once every 2 weeks, since the army wouldn't have me :mad:

But i guess i'm getting old now since i can't be bothered with all that anymore, But i still love to ride

fondriest said:
we decided to sit where ever, not on the champions straight where the tickets where allocated but opposite the finishing line on the second corner, 'was a good night!' my son thourghly enjoyed himself, say's he wishes dad was racing with them, but his really looking forward to dec 4th since he has not stopped asking since returning home. :D

closesupport said:
we decided to sit where ever, not on the champions straight where the tickets where allocated but opposite the finishing line on the second corner, 'was a good night!' my son thourghly enjoyed himself, say's he wishes dad was racing with them, but his really looking forward to dec 4th since he has not stopped asking since returning home. :D
Glad to hear the young one enjoyed it so much. I was surprised by the amount of youngsters there, and not just boys either, got to be good for the future of the sport. I suspect british success at the last two olympics has got alot to do with that.

It was a good night and i too am looking forward to dec 4th. Hope the weather is better then though, didnt get in till 8 o`clock couse of the conditions on the motorway, also couldnt get out of asda car park till 11. (surprised a class, purpose built venue has so little parking)

fondriest said:
Glad to hear the young one enjoyed it so much. I was surprised by the amount of youngsters there, and not just boys either, got to be good for the future of the sport. I suspect british success at the last two olympics has got alot to do with that.

It was a good night and i too am looking forward to dec 4th. Hope the weather is better then though, didnt get in till 8 o`clock couse of the conditions on the motorway, also couldnt get out of asda car park till 11. (surprised a class, purpose built venue has so little parking)
we got there for about 6:15 there wasn't much traffic, and there weren't many people there, we where away with no problems since we avoided parking on asda! but the little lads interest doesn't stem from the olympics, he knows his dad as an interest in the sport be it mtb road or track and sacrafices time on the road and track to go to work, plus since he first visited the track when i was going to ride, he decided that he wants to do it, so now he has no interest in rugby that i wanted him to do until he got a little older.

but now wants to ride the track when he turns 8yrs, like his daddy plus he often states that "one day he is going to ride dads bikes faster than dad does" and win lots of races :D Aww bless, he says he likes going fast; since he was a toddler he has rode on the crossbar of the mtb. i know its a little irresponsible but he loves it when where keeping up with cars and overtaking other cyclists. always questioning the gearing procedures, what makes it go fast what makes it go slow, what brakes do etc. why when he see's dad TT does it have funny bars and thin wheels why does it weigh so little and why did i choose carbon, why does it not look like all the other bikes he sees, etc

Hopefully i can keep his interest in the sport, and one day have the opertunity to teach him about aerodynamic and wheel sucking techniques (echelon) and other training procedures that i have found work for me.:D

after last night, his most recent question is why does dad not race and why has dad not got disc wheels like the misters that where going so fast. if only children understood the real value of money. :eek:

fondriest said:

(surprised a class, purpose built venue has so little parking)

Re: your comment above regarding ‘so little parking’, the immediate success of Revolution (great though it is) was probably not envisaged 10 years ago and the existing parking within the perimeter was sufficient.

Also, at that time, the ASDA store didn’t exist. The plot of land on which it now stands was open land which was the remains of the old housing roads which existed well before the Velodrome came along. At the time this plot (and the plot now occupied by the apartments on the other side of Gibbon Street) fulfilled the basic requirements for parking during early events (including the 1996 and 2000 UCI World Track Championships) prior to the major build and regeneration for the Commonwealth Games.

we decided to sit where ever, not on the champions straight where the tickets where allocated but opposite the finishing line on the second corner, 'was a good night!' my son thourghly enjoyed himself, say's he wishes dad was racing with them, but his really looking forward to dec 4th since he has not stopped asking since returning home.

Re: ‘not on the champions straight where the tickets where allocated but opposite the finishing line on the second corner’

If you look more closely at your ticket (assuming you still have it), you will notice the small print which states that none of the seats are reserved (i.e. by block, row or seat number). Spectators for the Revolution events are able to sit wherever they wish in any of the seating blocks around the track (except for areas set aside for VIPs etc) - as long as they are not already occupied.

However, for the World Cup in January, tickets bought through ‘Ticketmaster’ WILL be specific to a block, row and seat.

Regards

Tony