how many ride from their driveway compared to

Hypnospin

Apr 10, 2005
taking the bike on the car to get to a halfway decent ride?

so often in the past, over the years, i have shuttled the bike on the roof rack to drive to a ride start point, but of late, i just go from my driveway.
gas costs (it does seem ridiculously wasteful, if not unconscionable to burn gas to ride...), laziness, tendencies towards routine behaviour, solitude, lack of traffic, a few reasons on the "pro" side of this equation.

as for the "con" aspects of staying near home, i don't race or go on group rides, or see other new or old fave rides, all things that were so important to ruling the priorities of my very being.

how about all you, out the driveway and roll, or drive to the ride?
you views, please.

i live in a very nice part of the country...

i ride from my driveway all the time, two minutes later i am in the rolling hills and a stunning wilderness park...

a short ferry ride ride to the north and i am in the hills and mountains of Argyll and the Argyll Forest Park leading to the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park - excellent mtb country.

a short ferry ride to the south and i am in the mountains of Arran, stunning trail rides and mountaineering...golden eagles, red deer etc..

all accessible a short less than 10 miles from my driveway.

sometimes i shuffle the bike into the car, and head down to the Lakes in England or Anaoch Mor in Lochaber...

out the driveway and roll, or drive to the ride?
Hey!I count my blessings every time i get on my bike and head up the berg.
I can't imagine spending time comutting to a start and back, by car.
Check out the pics i posted to see where my rides take me.
Howard

I very, very rarely put my bike on the car for anything.

I ride straight out of my driveway to wherever I'm going.