How Many Road Bikes Do You Have

frusso

May 7, 2004
Should I feel guilty? I just bought my forth road bike. I now have a Specialized Sequoia for winter riding, Felt B2 Time Trial Bike, Litespeed for road races, and my newest a Specialized Tarmac which is my first bike with a full carbon frame.

I have a specialized allez comp with Ultegra 9 speed. My first road bike....getting ready to buy a fuji team race......have a fuji track pro and a giant NRS xc bike. Going to keep the specialized for winter/rain riding......Thinking hard about a TT bike or cross bike? I don't feel guilty. I guess that means I have 2 or 3 road bikes depending no what you think about the track.

You can never have too many bikes, just too small of a house.
I have seven road bikes.

Sprint2Win said:
You can never have too many bikes, just too small of a house.
How true! I've reached my limit with; Cannondale 700si ultegra 10 sp, Quintana Roo kilo 8sp dura ace, steel frame 6sp with rack , panniers and gaurds all kept in the house. Outside but under cover by the back door and ready to roll Panasonic womens 6sp for local trips, less likely to steal is the hope. Even have a moped 7 sp fitted with a 200w 2 stroke engine to get to work without the need for a shower, allows the car to rest for all but the wettest days.

I have 4 road bikes, 2 mtn bikes, and 6 bmx bikes.

My road bikes are: 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team all Dura Ace with HED 3's, 2005 Kestrel Talon all Ultegra 9 Eurus wheels, stock 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2, stock 2004.5 Giant OCR 1 with Jandd Commuter panniers for commuting to hard to park at areas in the city.

I've raced the Cervelo and Kestrel.

4 bikes myself, Avanti Corsa elite with DA 10, Cervelo P3 carbon with Ult 10 zipp 808's and zipp disc, Avanti Pista track bike and a Raceline Expert hardtail mtb. plus too many sets of wheels and other parts. Just trying to work the missus around in to letting me buy a Carbon Merckx frame for a real nice build up.

Shame on you! Four bikes! That is way too many.

However, because I'm such a generous person, I will allow you to store that Litespeed at my house, so that everyone else doesn't find out that you have bought too many bikes. Don't expect me to always be this nice...

Oh, hell. I own... one road bike, one mtb, one tandem, and am considering putting a TT bike together just to see what they are like. There is no such thing as 'too many bikes', there is only 'garage too small'.

You can never have enough! :) I have 4 road bikes and a mtn bike plus a hybrid for my wife. Not to forget my spinbike...

frusso said:
How Many Road Bikes Do You Have
Hmmmm, lets see...

2004 Specialized Sequoia Elite
2004 Raleigh Supercourse
2003 Specialized Allez Sport
late 70's Schwinn Continental for commuting and locking up/getting stolen
early 80's Schwinn Traveler bought for my sister who doesn't use it.

Also have a 2003 Raleigh M60 MTB with a couple of upgrades and I am very tempted to buy a friend's 2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite that he's offered me for $1000.

So six road bikes. Only two of them get ridden though.

frusso said:
Should I feel guilty? I just bought my forth road bike. I now have a Specialized Sequoia for winter riding, Felt B2 Time Trial Bike, Litespeed for road races, and my newest a Specialized Tarmac which is my first bike with a full carbon frame.
I don't ride TT's and therefore I don't have a TT bike. I do have three road bikes though. It's good to have 2 race-worthy road bikes. Plus, by having a few bikes in the rotation, they will all last longer. You should only feel guilty if they are all gathering dust...

i'm told the formula for figuring out the perfect number of bikes to own is:

n+1 [with n being the number you currently own]

I'm thinking that you allow your bikes to overnight in the same room. When you do that they tend to multiply. How do you suppose hybred bikes came to exist?

I have two road bikes with Ultegra 9 spd components.

2004 Orbea Leige
1996 Cannondale R800 - upgraded to Ultegra 9 spd

No...He who dies with the most toys wins!

frusso said:

I only have two bikes.
My bmx bike is a 2005 Terrible One Barcode frame built up with mostly Odyssey and Primo parts.
My road bike is a 2006 Trek 1000 with cateye astrale 8 cyclocomputer and bontrager grippy tape.

Own one only, a Specialized Allez. Shoot, now feel inferior. Need to go buy more.

Ooops...forgot I have a non-riding wife.

PeterF said:
...You should only feel guilty if they are all gathering dust...
I should feel guilty, but I don't. I've got my fixed-wheel which I ride on the road over here in Malaysia - it does get ridden. I've got my 2 old road bikes from my racing days sitting in my workshop down in Australia - they haven't been ridden for about 15 years, and are kind of...dusty. Next year I'll be working back in Africa, but based in Australia, so I'll get a mountain bike to use while I'm at work and shall probably treat myself to a new road bike for vet racing in Aussie. Damn, I love that fixey, though.

Right now I have 2 road bikes...a 1979 Falcon (I don't even remember the model) and a 2004 LeMond Tourmalet. I plan on adding a third sometime this winter, more than likely another LeMond or a Trek or Giant. I am like many of the other members here who believe that you cannever have too many bikes.

Cheers,
Brian

3 road bikes, 1 road tandem, 2 road frames, 2 children's road bikes and a truck load of old road componants (I collect 1960s and 70s road bikes).