How Many Road Bikes Do You Have

Is nine greedy? 2 tt bikes, road bike,work bike,turbo bike, winter bike, track bike and 2 old frames being refurbished.

frusso said:
Should I feel guilty? I just bought my forth road bike. I now have a Specialized Sequoia for winter riding, Felt B2 Time Trial Bike, Litespeed for road races, and my newest a Specialized Tarmac which is my first bike with a full carbon frame.

currently I've

[1]'main road bike'-scott cr1pro
[2]'winter trainer' -giant fcr+drop bars+clip on mudguards
[3]just added a mtb: specialized stumpjumper ht - mainly to use on traffic dodging commute routes that would defeat road bike wheels. I enjoy the contrast to a road bike.

That'll do for the timebeing, but I agree with the 'N+1' formula mentioned elsewhere.

An old steel framed Pugeot
2004 Klein Q Team Carbon with Ultegra 9
Hybrid for commuting/guests
New GF Cake 3 full suspension for wild mountain trails

I guess I am lagging behind this esteemed crowd.

Only 2 road bikes (2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite and a 1994 Giant Kronos), but I also have a 2004 Kona Blast MTB and a 1991 hybrid for commuting and riding the towpath.

Way too many!

2006 Look 585 Campy Reccord

2005 Look 555 Campy Record (Ok, wife's bike)

1998 Novara Strada Shimano 105 .....winter bike.

1993 (Old School) Trek 950 Mtn bike!

:)

Look 585, Campy Record, Campy Hyperon tubulars. Worship me. :D

Airborne Torch, Campy Record, Zipp 202 tubulars

Torelli Scappa, Campy Record, Zipp 303 tubulars

Airborne Spectre TT, Campy Record, Zipp 909s

Gios Torino Professional (1982), vintage Campy 7-speed

Looking for a new high-end titanium frame...Suggestions?

2 is the minium:p What if one's busted? :)

My good steel bike: Cervelo Superprodigy with 9sp Dura-Ace
My good alu bike: Cinelli Proxima with 9sp Dura-Ace
My 'everyday, all weather' bike: some Taiwanese Dedacciai 7003 thing
My good commuter: locally made 531 with 8sp Shimano

And 2 other hunks of junk worth about 200 bucks each, that I ride to places to lock up.

2 bikes so far and I'm looking to build myself a TT machine.

Current:

Bike #1: Nishiki Sora (alu) competition with sora shifters.
Bike #2: Bianchi Via Nirone (alu with carbon front fork). Campagnolo Xenon
shifters. Has seen 2 time trials and one road race.

soon to be bike #3: Javelin Arcole frame, with shimano Deore, the Zipp
404 will move to this bike, with a Mavic Cosmic /w aero spokes on the rear.
The fortezza tricomps will go to this bike.

Wheels:standard wheels that came with bikes, old Ritchey aero wheel from destroyed Specialized Sirrus Pro, one Zipp 404 clincher

Tires:all clinchers; Vittoria Zaffiro , Hutchinson excel , Hutchinson team series , Michelin carbons, Vredestein Fortezza tricomp

Scarpelli: you like Zipp don't you? I do too.

-Bikeguy

Kestral Carbon Spectre 4000
Lemond Zurich
Trek 5900
BP Stealth TT bike
Trek 7500 Hybrid

All sandwiched between my '66 Shelby Cobra replica and '69 Hemi SuperBee in the garage:eek:) Too many TOYS??? Never enough, IMO:eek:)

At the moment, just one... :-( Specialized Tarmac SL, I want to get a Kuota k-Factor for triathlon though. I have a Klein Mountain bike.

eek up to 4 now

My Fuji Provence - soon to be rain bike
My new Specialized Ruby Pro - my sweet little race bike
My new used Quintanaroo - TT bike
My Marin Larkspur for dirt roads, tooling around and lending out

Having too many bikes is like having too many clothes! you need to change - can't wear swimming trunks out to a restaurant!

I only have 2, but have designs on 2 more.......I could get the bikes but not the house. I sublimate with new jerseys & handlebars...

I have my main rider, a hybrid mountain bike, and a custom built chopper. Each has it's own unique qualities. :D

Negative, the neighbor to my left weighs a bout 6 bills and the others are either too old or too drunk to ride. :D

'Got the following: a 3Rensho(steel) from the mid-'80s, a custom Melton(steel) from the late '80s, a '97 Merlin XL, an '04 Look 481 SL, and an '81 custom Michael Johnson tandem.

You can never have too many road bikes! :D They all ride differently, have their own personality, and always put a smile on my face.

JTE83 said:
I have 4 road bikes, 2 mtn bikes, and 6 bmx bikes.

My road bikes are: 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team all Dura Ace with HED 3's, 2005 Kestrel Talon all Ultegra 9 Eurus wheels, stock 2002 Giant TCR Aero 2, stock 2004.5 Giant OCR 1 with Jandd Commuter panniers for commuting to hard to park at areas in the city.

I've raced the Cervelo and Kestrel.

what kinda bmx bikes?????....
:D
mine are in my sig, im selling the mountain i never ride it, i would rather have a cross

Good to see I'm not alone in my bike collecting. I figure having more than one helps keep riding a bit interesting - change is as good as a rest idea:)

Fausto Coppi Galaxy Aluminium 105 9 speed and Ksyrium Elites = race bike

Felt F80 with mostly Ultegra 9 speed = training bike

Bauer Momentum 3000(frame made here in NZ, owned it for 11 years) Shimano RX100 and SKS mudguards = rainy day training bike(it never gets used..)

2 x Avantis from the 80s - basically junk = 1 may be a single speed or fixed gear project

Moulton full suspension bike - classic fromt the 60 = restoration project

Aiming for - classic Italian race bike from the 70s/early 80s & a lighter, better spec'ed race bike

My wife copes with my excuses for other bikes with a wry smile and a look at the limited funds in the bank account:eek: