How many spices ...

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:44:05 +0100, "Pandora" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>..do you use in your cooking?
>I have some fifty, here is my collection:
>http://tinypic.com/juy1if.jpg
>http://tinypic.com/juy1oz.jpg
>
>My favourite are: Curry, mix of peppers (black, pink, white, green); mix of
>spices for cous cous; tuscany herbs, provence herbs, mexican mix of hot
>chili peppers, curcuma and mushrooms and herbs powder.

I didn't count my spices, but I'll look at the picture. Okay, there
are currently twenty-six in the spice rack, but I will often buy
others in one-use quantities (I buy nearly all my spices in bulk, in
small quantities, because I shop often enough and don't want my spices
going stale).

My most-used spices/herbs are alack pepper, basil, garlic (fresh or
powdered), cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, curry powder, and
turmeric. Might be forgetting some. Oh, and I use a lot of cilantro,
but the fresh stuff, and at the holidays I usually grate two or three
nutmegs over hot drinks and for pies, etc.

(Other things in that pic are chinese five spice, which I hate; onion
powder, which I love on popcorn with parmesan cheese; seasoned salt,
which I love on popcorn; coriander; oregano; rosemary, which I can
only take in tiny quantities; fines herbs; cayenne pepper; paprika;
bay leaves; mustard powder; cinnamon; and some other stuff I'm too
comfy to get up and check out right now.)

serene

"serene" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:44:05 +0100, "Pandora" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>..do you use in your cooking?
>>I have some fifty, here is my collection:
>>http://tinypic.com/juy1if.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/juy1oz.jpg
>>
>>My favourite are: Curry, mix of peppers (black, pink, white, green); mix
>>of
>>spices for cous cous; tuscany herbs, provence herbs, mexican mix of hot
>>chili peppers, curcuma and mushrooms and herbs powder.

> I didn't count my spices, but I'll look at the picture. Okay, there
> are currently twenty-six in the spice rack, but I will often buy
> others in one-use quantities (I buy nearly all my spices in bulk, in
> small quantities, because I shop often enough and don't want my spices
> going stale).

Oh yes! of course!

> My most-used spices/herbs are alack pepper, basil, garlic (fresh or
> powdered), cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, curry powder, and
> turmeric. Might be forgetting some. Oh, and I use a lot of cilantro,
> but the fresh stuff, and at the holidays I usually grate two or three
> nutmegs over hot drinks and for pies, etc.

Excuse me, Serene. What is alack pepper and how do you use it?

> (Other things in that pic are chinese five spice, which I hate; onion
> powder, which I love on popcorn with parmesan cheese;

Oh! You are the first person I know who use to season popcorns :))))

seasoned salt,
> which I love on popcorn; coriander; oregano; rosemary, which I can
> only take in tiny quantities; fines herbs; cayenne pepper; paprika;
> bay leaves; mustard powder; cinnamon; and some other stuff I'm too
> comfy to get up and check out right now.)

Thank you Serene ! You have a lot of spices! It means that your cooking is
various and beautiful!
Cheers
Pandora

> serene

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:38:36 +0100, "Pandora" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"serene" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>news:[email protected]...

>> My most-used spices/herbs are alack pepper, basil, garlic (fresh or
>> powdered), cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, curry powder, and
>> turmeric. Might be forgetting some. Oh, and I use a lot of cilantro,
>> but the fresh stuff, and at the holidays I usually grate two or three
>> nutmegs over hot drinks and for pies, etc.

>Excuse me, Serene. What is alack pepper and how do you use it?

Oops! It's a typo for "black pepper". Sorry. :)

>> (Other things in that pic are chinese five spice, which I hate; onion
>> powder, which I love on popcorn with parmesan cheese;

>Oh! You are the first person I know who use to season popcorns :))))

Oh, popcorn is my favorite food, and people love my seasoned popcorns,
especially curry. And my wife will sometimes *beg* me to make her
kettle corn (popcorn made with a little sugar and salt -- very yummy).

>seasoned salt,
>> which I love on popcorn; coriander; oregano; rosemary, which I can
>> only take in tiny quantities; fines herbs; cayenne pepper; paprika;
>> bay leaves; mustard powder; cinnamon; and some other stuff I'm too
>> comfy to get up and check out right now.)

>Thank you Serene ! You have a lot of spices! It means that your cooking is
>various and beautiful!

Thanks, Pandora, but you're my idol, with all the fresh gnocchi and
stuff. I hope some day to be able to sit down to dinner with you.

serene