Will Lance win more titles?

• 5 meaning he won't win again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 39 28.1%

Votes: 76 54.7%

Votes: 24 17.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Memphmann
Why is letting pro athletes us what ever drug they desire such a diffecult idea to grasp??? If they want to win bad enuf, that they care little about side effects. Let them. It is their choice & their bodies. Who am I to tell another person what to do to their body. Atleast then, all athletes shall be on level playing field. Then we also know what they are really taking.

I would agree with you the chicken issue. Look at how all the girls are developing breasts at a younger age. This in my opinion is due to hormones in cows. Could be same in chickens...

Memph

The problem is that if you give some riders an unfair advantage, then the others will lose if they follow the rule. It's like the old saying, bad money drives good money out of circulation. If you let some people be drug abusers instead of athletes, you drive the athletes out of the race. What's left? The drug abusers and early death.

Originally posted by gntlmn
So now it's not about the money, it's about the color of your skin? If you are white, then you deserve fame, fortune and the good life, and if you are black, you have to pretend like you're white. It seems that it's not only your racing style that is old school, but your racial attitudes as well.

Any athlete regardless of skin colour deserves fame & fortune if they can behave. Just seems like coloured athletes get in trouble more. Might be because they on average come from poorer families. So when that $$ comes, they go crazy. I remember a good line from "New Jack City", Snipes said that there is only 2 ways for colours to escape the ghetto, sports & drugs. He wasn't that good at basketball.

Isn't that what Woods is doing? Seems to me he is....

Memph

Originally posted by gntlmn
The problem is that if you give some riders an unfair advantage, then the others will lose if they follow the rule. It's like the old saying, bad money drives good money out of circulation. If you let some people be drug abusers instead of athletes, you drive the athletes out of the race. What's left? The drug abusers and early death.

Why is this only giving a FEW riders an advantge? ALL are allowed to use same drugs. If they choose not to & lose, that is their choice. All athletes are doiping in some way. This would just open it up. Athletes are already allowed to use most dangerous & additive drug, cigarettes. Why not others...

Memph

Why is this only giving a FEW riders an advantge? ALL are allowed to use same drugs. If they choose not to & lose, that is their choice. All athletes are doiping in some way. This would just open it up. Athletes are already allowed to use most dangerous & additive drug, cigarettes. Why not others...

Memph

It seems to me that the substances that are not banned are not performance enhancing (or not known to be.) You don't see many top athletes smoking a Marlboro right before a big race to give them that extra edge.

Quite apart from the health aspects, the commercial value of sport will drop like a free falling anvil if the competition was based more on the contents of the athletes medicine cabinet than their athletic ability and training programmes.

Lindsay

Originally posted by 62vette
It seems to me that the substances that are not banned are not performance enhancing (or not known to be.) You don't see many top athletes smoking a Marlboro right before a big race to give them that extra edge.

Quite apart from the health aspects, the commercial value of sport will drop like a free falling anvil if the competition was based more on the contents of the athletes medicine cabinet than their athletic ability and training programmes.

Lindsay

Like ppl would stop watching sports for this reason. If they didn't for strikes, rising ticket prices, athletes that misbehave, etc. Doping shall not stop them either...

Memph

Like ppl would stop watching sports for this reason. If they didn't for strikes, rising ticket prices, athletes that misbehave, etc. Doping shall not stop them either...

Memph

Sponsors would pull the pin pretty quickly and that would screw the sport. No sponsors, no sport to watch.

Lindsay

Originally posted by 62vette
Sponsors would pull the pin pretty quickly and that would screw the sport. No sponsors, no sport to watch.

Lindsay

For what little sponsors they might lose. Others would jump on board, like drug companies suppling the athletes. Sports equipment companies like nike, adidas would stay. So no sports would not suffer.....

Memph

Memph,
You are some piece of work dude! What make you think Tiger is trying to " distance himself" by dating a White woman. Could it be that she is just who he happened to fall in love with? I am a "colored" guy that's married to a German lady and I assure you I'm not trying to "distance myself" from anybody or anything. Maybe instead of being WHAT Tiger wants, she's WHO he wants. I would have fallen in love with my wife, regardless of her skin color, because of who she is! You sure do a lot of "generalizing"

Originally posted by RacinGator
Memph,
You are some piece of work dude! What make you think Tiger is trying to " distance himself" by dating a White woman. Could it be that she is just who he happened to fall in love with? I am a "colored" guy that's married to a German lady and I assure you I'm not trying to "distance myself" from anybody or anything. Maybe instead of being WHAT Tiger wants, she's WHO he wants. I would have fallen in love with my wife, regardless of her skin color, because of who she is! You sure do a lot of "generalizing"

Why for speaking my mind & writing a statement that other coloured ppl feel also. A friend (happens to be coloured) & I were talking about Woods a few weeks ago. My friend has the same feeling. If Woods (as a famous coloured person) wants to help his ppl. Dating a white women is not the way to go. What is wrong with coloured woman? Are they beneath him? Sure he may care for her. But sure helps his image with the white folks of a mainly white sport.....

Memph

I certainly hope that a person doesn't choose who he/she dates depending on what people it helps. Not just Tiger, ANYBODY. I don't see how dating Elin Nordgren can help his image with white folks either. Maybe I'm missing something here. I got some news for you Memph, and it's not going to be politically correct, because I don't like to beat around the bush. When a black man marries a white woman, it doesn't help his image so much as it hurts the image of the woman. Whatever people thought of Tiger, they still think, what may have changed is the way some think of his fiance! I'm not saying that's right, Im' saying it's true. I don't buy that stuff about helping his image. I don't want this to thread to take an ugly turn so I'll quit replying to you.

Originally posted by RacinGator
I certainly hope that a person doesn't choose who he/she dates depending on what people it helps. Not just Tiger, ANYBODY. I don't see how dating Elin Nordgren can help his image with white folks either. Maybe I'm missing something here. I got some news for you Memph, and it's not going to be politically correct, because I don't like to beat around the bush. When a black man marries a white woman, it doesn't help his image so much as it hurts the image of the woman. Whatever people thought of Tiger, they still think, what may have changed is the way some think of his fiance! I'm not saying that's right, Im' saying it's true. I don't buy that stuff about helping his image. I don't want this to thread to take an ugly turn so I'll quit replying to you.

You have 2 good points. Colour shouldn't matter when dating, but it does. If you want to keep your race healthy. No matter what race it is. Inter mixing just loses a bit of race culture every generation. 1 society or race can't truly understand how another feels or gets viewed. Hard for them to walk in their shoes. Inter mixing just waters down already strong societies/races.

From talking to my friend, it does hurt the women. But it also looks good for the males. This is being told to me from a Jamaican. As I would not truly know, as I'm white.

Yes, we should end this discussion........

Memph

If you want to keep your race healthy. No matter what race it is. Inter mixing just loses a bit of race culture every generation.
I cannot believe that you could write or believe something like that.

Originally posted by patch70
I cannot believe that you could write or believe something like that.

Why everyone that believes in own culture preaches the same idea. No matter what the skin colour. Am I thought to be racist just because I'm white & believe in my culture. But it is alright & acceptable for other cultures/races to believe this......

Memph
did I every say that my culture is better or worse? I believe that I'm better....

Tiger is a human. Erin is a human. They are both **** sapiens. They both bleed red. If they want to have a relationship, good luck to them. Bogus beliefs about cultural or racial purity are ridiculous and should have disappeared with the death of ******. Culture is a dynamic rather than a static thing.

Tiger is mixed race. Does that mean he should be forbidden from marrying anyone because by your definition, he has impure culture?

If you take two random people of the same race, the chances are that they will be more different than if you compare an average white and an average black person.

Are you suggesting we have racial or cultural segregation? Because just having people of different cultures in your neighbourhood or school or TV shows will have an effect on "cultural purity". Just look at all the white kids who act black and vice versa. What punishment do you suggest for them for betraying their culture?

If you take two random people of the same race, the chances are that they will be more different than if you compare an average white and an average black person.

You make some good points that I was about to make, but you beat me to the punch. Another example of how little genetic diversity there is among races is highlighted by the following: there is more genetic diversity among members of ones own, immediate family (i.e., brothers and sisters) than there is between the gene pools of any two races. To say that people of different races should not interbreed certainly has little scientific merit.

In the following statement, Memphman confuses culture with race. Culture is learned; race is a matter of DNA.

If you want to keep your race healthy. No matter what race it is. Inter mixing just loses a bit of race culture every generation.

The above is a fallacy. Keeping your race healthy means not subjecting the gene pool to forces which are counter to its survival. Interbreeding from one race to another does no such thing. Losing race culture, on the other hand, is a matter of communication and learning. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the gene pool. This is why an eskimo raised with a black family in Brooklyn, New York will have the mannerisms, gestures and speech, including accent, of the black family, not the eskimos in Alaska. I have seen this, and this is only one example. I have seen many such examples of culture being learned from members of one race to another race. With improvements in communications and the internet world wide, I suspect there will be less localization of cultures and a broader, more mainstream culture worldwide. And what's wrong with that? People can choose to accept or reject what they like from any culture around the globe because we can expose ourselves to such influences much more easily now than we could only 30 years ago. We don't have to limit our learning to our regional location or to our race.

The differences between races are really just cosmetic. Culture is a different matter.

Although both my parents were born in New Zealand, they both have different races, cultures and nationalities in their ancestry. The two countries in question have even warred with each other at times.

Based on Memph's theory that's bad. Or is it OK because they're both white? My Mum just thought she was a dairy farmer's daughter marrying a dairy farmer's son, but as it turns out, she was actually betraying her culture (maybe even her race) by marrying a descendant of the viking enemy that invaded England in the middle ages and raped and pillaged amongst her ancestors. I feel so bad about myself now, and I don't know if I will ever forgive Mum :)

As for my palagi (Samoan for white person) niece marrying a Samoan man, is that bad or OK culturally because they met through common interests?

Memph seems to have issues with immigration and cultural diversity from comments he has made elsewhere in these forums. Apparently Canada should have ended all immigration some time around Memph's youth so the country could stay just the way it was forever.

Lindsay

Well said 62vette,

Perhaps Memph could define "white culture". Given that Europeans have hundreds of languages and cultures, the "white culture" of Canada, USA, NZ, Australia etc is a whole mixture of elements of these. It probably wouldn't go down too well if you suggested that Serbians = Croatians even though they are pretty close geographically and hence should have a similar culture.

Okay, what about "black culture"? Africa has hundreds of languages, cultures and ethnic groups. Take a random selection of quite a few million from many different areas of Africa, mix them together, add some white and Native American and other genes, surround them with "white culture" (amongst others), and then tell me what culture such a person should aspire to.

Similar arguments could be applied to "Asian culture", "Pacific Island culture", etc, etc. Hell, Papua New Guinea alone, which is less than half the size of the state of Ontario has more than 800 languages and ethnic groups.

Tiger is a human. Erin is a human. They are both **** sapiens. They both bleed red. If they want to have a relationship, good luck to them. Bogus beliefs about cultural or racial purity are ridiculous and should have disappeared with the death of ******. Culture is a dynamic rather than a static thing.

Tiger is mixed race. Does that mean he should be forbidden from marrying anyone because by your definition, he has impure culture?

Are you suggesting we have racial or cultural segregation? Because just having people of different cultures in your neighbourhood or school or TV shows will have an effect on "cultural purity". Just look at all the white kids who act black and vice versa. What punishment do you suggest for them for betraying their culture?

Who mentioned anything about Hilter. Others have also voiced the sme opinion such as Malcolm Little, Martin Lurther King, etc..

It is stupid when little white boys act like hip hoppers. What do they know about the troubles blacks have in society. Vanilla Ice was great example.

Our society does not work as a whole for a reason?????

Memph

See don't I take a boring thread & spice it up. I'm that person you hate at a party, but the party would be boring without. So many ppl came to the popular accepted view of my posts. Good that you all share a same brain & think alike. This is what I expected when I spilled this can of worms....

Memph