How many TdF Lance will win?

Will Lance win more titles?

• 5 meaning he won't win again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 39 28.1%

Votes: 76 54.7%

Votes: 24 17.3%

• Total voters
I thought this thread was about how many Tours Lance Armstrong is going to win. Perhaps someone needs to start a new thread for all the race debate.

:)

Moderator/Steve :
I think you need to look at some of Noble Crusaders comments here because not only have we managed to move from LA and the number of TDF wins - we're now on the road to the Deep South !
I think the mongerel comment is justification for dismissal ?

Originally posted by Noble Crusader

I'm from the Pacific Northwest. The old South was a nice place.:)

Perhaps the intent was to give you a hint that many would prefer to see the racial references limited, NC. It's a suggestion I personally don't have a great concern with but I think if that's what you wish to discuss, you should start a thread where it might be more isolated from those who would prefer not to have it in their faces when they come here to read about an entirely different issue.

Just and idea.

:)

You have a problem with the word mongrel? I have a dictonary right in front of me. It says " offspring of parents of different breeds" or " one of uncertain ancestry" Tiger Woods has parents of different races, correct? You look at him, and his ancestry is somewhat uncertain. This would make Tiger Woods a mongrel, am I right? You know I'm right.

I have a problem with people putting forward racist arguments on a cycling website.

If you've got a problem with Woods dating a white woman - fine.
This is a cycling forum.
It is not a forum for discussing ones prejudices.
Oh and by the way - we're all mongrels : we're all products of
different breeds (men and women !)

Originally posted by limerickman
I have a problem with people putting forward racist arguments on a cycling website.

If you've got a problem with Woods dating a white woman - fine.
This is a cycling forum.
It is not a forum for discussing ones prejudices.
Oh and by the way - we're all mongrels : we're all products of
different breeds (men and women !)

Limerickman you are right. This is one topic that I agree with you!

Originally posted by zapper
Limerickman you are right. This is one topic that I agree with you!

Well, I'm glad there is one subject that we both agree about !

I didn't bring up this topic, I just responded to it.

NO we are not all mongrels. Only people of racially mixed heritage are mongrels. That's anyone who is between 25/75 percent ratio. A classic mongrel is 50/50 or has no more tha 50% of a certain race.

NO men and women of the same race are not of different breeds.

Waffle and lies.

You brought up the issue about Woods dating a white woman and then you proceeded to waffle on about how your blood boils when you see blonde/white women with black/negroe men.
You've got a problem with Woods and his white girlfriend,
That's your business.

This is not the Forum for you to spout your racist beliefs - by referring to people as mongrels.

Only people of racially mixed heritage are mongrels. That's anyone who is between 25/75 percent ratio. A classic mongrel is 50/50 or has no more tha 50% of a certain race.

That's probably one of the funniest lines I've read on the cycling forums. Its right up there with Limerickman's "I am not a CIA operative".

I love how you have the percentages as though there is some kind of medical guideline. I can just picture Tiger Woods on a gurney being inspected by medical professionals: "Dr. Jones, he's clearly a mongrel !". "I disagree, he is obviously only 80/20 and therefore not a mongrel". "You're right, he's outside the percentages" WTF?

Anyway, I know you ascribe to the "classic mongrel" definition. Myself, I prefer the "modern" or "neo-mongrel" definition which is not so much based on percentages but rather is described as "Get your head out of your ass; slavery is abolished so get over it, you confederate flag waving redneck hillbilly". At least that's what it says in my dictionary.

Sigh.

Back on topic. Lance will win a 6th TDF for sure. I don't want him to (not a big fan) but he will.

I don't care if he falls off his bike, gets the flu, or contracts a mean case of flesh-eating disease or bubonic plague. It doesn't matter. He wants it. LA has a will to win and he wants that 6th title. I hardly know anything about the other contenders for the TDF and it hardly matters. LA will up his game however much he needs in order to win. Huge Ego + Chip on Shoulder = Win No Matter What

I don't know much about Ullrich but I just finished reading a book about the 1998 Tour and the guy just doesn't seem to have the same will to win that LA has. He practically gave up to Pantani before the mountain stages even started. His weight gains in the off-season really show that he doesn't have the drive and discipline to pull it off.

I would love to see Tyler Hamilton (or anybody else) win but I don't see it happening.

Originally posted by Saucy
That's probably one of the funniest lines I've read on the cycling forums. Its right up there with Limerickman's "I am not a CIA operative".

I love how you have the percentages as though there is some kind of medical guideline. I can just picture Tiger Woods on a gurney being inspected by medical professionals: "Dr. Jones, he's clearly a mongrel !". "I disagree, he is obviously only 80/20 and therefore not a mongrel". "You're right, he's outside the percentages" WTF?

Anyway, I know you ascribe to the "classic mongrel" definition. Myself, I prefer the "modern" or "neo-mongrel" definition which is not so much based on percentages but rather is described as "Get your head out of your ass; slavery is abolished so get over it, you confederate flag waving redneck hillbilly". At least that's what it says in my dictionary.

Sigh.

Back on topic. Lance will win a 6th TDF for sure. I don't want him to (not a big fan) but he will.

I don't care if he falls off his bike, gets the flu, or contracts a mean case of flesh-eating disease or bubonic plague. It doesn't matter. He wants it. LA has a will to win and he wants that 6th title. I hardly know anything about the other contenders for the TDF and it hardly matters. LA will up his game however much he needs in order to win. Huge Ego + Chip on Shoulder = Win No Matter What

I don't know much about Ullrich but I just finished reading a book about the 1998 Tour and the guy just doesn't seem to have the same will to win that LA has. He practically gave up to Pantani before the mountain stages even started. His weight gains in the off-season really show that he doesn't have the drive and discipline to pull it off.

I would love to see Tyler Hamilton (or anybody else) win but I don't see it happening.

I'm not a CIA-Operative !

I'm an Irish caucasian Mongrel !

Originally posted by limerickman
I'm not a CIA-Operative !

I'm an Irish caucasian Mongrel !

No, you work for the media...thats worse!!!:)

"I am not a crook"...

No your not!! Irish and Caucasian are the same thing. Your parents are not of different breeds. A Thai woman and Negro man are of different breeds.Thus the offspring of such a union (Tiger woods) is a mongrel.

YOU are not being very Noble.....give it a rest before you go to far...AGAIN!

what does this have to do with Lance and his 6th championship that we know that he will win...

No your not!! Irish and Caucasian are the same thing. Your parents are not of different breeds. A Thai woman and Negro man are of different breeds.Thus the offspring of such a union (Tiger woods) is a mongrel.

Believe it or not - we've got Irish people who are black !

Does that mean they're not Irish ?

An Irish person can NEVER be a Negro, mulatto or anthing other than White.

That's it, I'm off to Specsavers to get my eyes tested - I've got
two Irish neighbours (born here) who are black !

I would have moved on weeks ago. However when I have people calling Negro people Irish. Or calling themselves a mongrel when they are 100% White. I can't let that go unchallenged.

Mork calling Orson - "Come in Orson !"

"You know these earth people are very funny. These earthlings all share a sphere travelling through the solar system at thousands of miles per hour.
There are 6 billions earthlings on this planet - all members of the human race.
But let me tell you Orson - some people don't want to share.
They want to ostracise other earthlings because they happen to look different. They have a different colour. The earthlings call this racism, Orson.
Can you imagine back on our planet creatures being discriminated because they look different to us ?
No, I didn't think you could Orson.

I like Earth but some things make me sad - especially this thing called racism.
I don't know what the solution is Orson - because six billion people is a lot of difference. I suppose the only solution is for those who cannot accept it, just having to accept it.
That's it for now, Orson - nanooo, nanooooo"

Originally posted by Memphmann
Why would I not say that? Here are a few more what ifs: What if Lance finally gets caught for doping like Carl Lewis? What if Lance had a weaker team? What if Lancewas a ral cyclists and rode a few more important races? What if Lance didn't have big American $$ behind him and in order to keep cycling popular in the US, they allowed Lance to win? Alot od what-if's.

I truly believe that Lance is good, not great. Does not have the # of victories behind him like a few other GREAT cyclists who wrote more then just the Tour.

As I stated, the Americans shall b!tch the loudest over this topic....

Memph
Hey VitaminE, I get the feeling that the battle with ignorance, with Memphmann is never going to feel good for you. You are in tune to reality and logic, regardless of how one feels about any pro in the sport or the TDF. To suggest that Lemond is better than any of the five time winners is a factual joke or a feable minded opinion. Neither deserve attention. Stay real VitaminE :cool:

For the sheer fun/or not (emphasis on the NOT) of it I will start posting without going from page 1...........Re 'Breeds'...gosh..are we really that similar to cattle (it seems that we are at times from what I have read actually)

Your post may have been comical to you at the time but to me it comes over as offensive and racist. Crusaders used to have that attitude and look what happened.....or do you need a brief Latin American history lesson because I sure as hell will give you one as it seems like you may need it.....but there was no nobility in it and there certainly isn't nowadays.

Now, please say I have just read too much into your post and clarify your terminology of having the audacity to call anyone a 'mongrel'. To be calling multi relationships and their offspring as a 'mongrel' is despicable.

There is my point and I will now carry on calmly reading others valid points and leave you to laugh like a hyena no doubt.

I would have moved on weeks ago. However when I have people calling Negro people Irish. Or calling themselves a mongrel when they are 100% White. I can't let that go unchallenged.

Go back to a lab and check out your whole families DNA. Guanteed you will have come from a negro family be it hundreds of years back. Or perhaps your tiny brain even missed the 'monkey/Darwin debate' Need a link for the KKK per chance?