How Many Times A Week Do You Go Cycling Lads?

Lizel

Feb 17, 2015
Well for me I don't really have time to go cycling during the week (school time) it's only the weekends when I sometimes go cycling. :D
How about you lads? How often do you go on a bike ride?

5 days a week. I fortunate that I'm finished work by 3.00 p.m. or earlier most week days (I work in schools :) ) so have plenty of time for mid week rides / training. I would suggest doing 30 minute indoor high intensity rides mid week if you can't get out. You'll then be much stronger and fitter on the weekends when you can get out.

Reactions: steve
Nigel Doyle said:
5 days a week. I fortunate that I'm finished work by 3.00 p.m. or earlier most week days (I work in schools :) ) so have plenty of time for mid week rides / training. I would suggest doing 30 minute indoor high intensity rides mid week if you can't get out. You'll then be much stronger and fitter on the weekends when you can get out.
Wow you're really very lucky if you end work before 3pm most of the week days.
Yeah it might work out, I'd try to do some trainings the next time before my ride.

Usually, a group of older ladies (in their 50's) from my church who live near my apartment go cycling every evening for a long period of time and sometimes I join them. They are the ones who got me started in the first place. It is amazing to see that they have more spirits than younger ladies.

I ride my bike almost everyday for about one hour. I would like to be able to ride longer but I cannot manage to ride more than one hour without hurting my lower areas. I read from another thread that there are ways that you can take to solve that problem so I hope I can ride for more than 2 hours everyday once I could find a nice settings for my bike.

I started cycling only during Sunday mornings, but as I got hooked it, it became more frequent. Now, I do it every other day. I do it nighttime during weekdays so that it won't disrupt my work schedule. Also, what I really like about cycling is the fact that you do not need to be with someone to be able to do it. Unlike other form of sports like badminton or tennis, even if your friends are not in the mood to go cycling, that won't hinder you from being able to do it on your own. I started doing it only for like 30 minutes, now, I notice that each of my sessions even last up to 3 hours. It's just so much fun! I always do it inside my school campus so it would overall be safer as compared to doing it on a normal road with too many cars.

I usually go cycling on the weekends only. i wish i could go cycling for a long time but it is not possible because of heavy schedule. I hope i can do some cycling on the mornings. It is also it is nice to get some fresh air while on your while you are on your bike early in the morning.

I usually go cycling on the weekends only. i wish i could go cycling for a long time but it is not possible because of heavy schedule. I hope i can do some cycling on the mornings. It is also it is nice to get some fresh air while on your while you are on your bike early in the morning.

I try to go every morning. If I don't find a spot to fit it permanently into my daily routine, it just won't get done. My schedule is very tight lately. Having that block of time set aside everyday has kept me doing it since I started back up.

I try to go every morning. If I don't find a spot to fit it permanently into my daily routine, it just won't get done. My schedule is very tight lately. Having that block of time set aside everyday has kept me doing it since I started back up.

kana_marie said:
So no rest days? Sounds like you ride a lot of junk miles rather than training say 5 days a week and having a training plan.

I ususally go cycyling in the evenings and it is almost every day. I love the evening weather. And when i get to cycle near the beach, they are one of the best times.

I ride my bike every day to work and around town. I also ride it on weekends for pleasure. As a matter of fact, I don't feel quite right if I haven't been pedaling my bike around for a day or two. It's as if something vital is missing. I am glad for all the exercise that I get before and after work, as I am often constrained to many hours of sitting in front of a computer.

During the summer I would bike 4-5 days a week usually averaging around 30 miles a day which ain't too bad considering that I was mainly biking on a cross mountain bike, lol. Will totally try to bike more often this summer though.

Two times a week.It is because of busy weekdays that I only have time on weekends. That makes me go out riding only on weekends. I wish I could be riding everyday.

I go cycling on weekends only, so not much. However, when I'm in the mood and not tired after work I can sometimes go on a ride during week. It's usually evenings and it's nice to get some fresh air, esoterically if it's summer and it's not too hot.

I had been so enamoured with cycling when we moved in this house in 2001. Even in the early morning before going to work, I would make some laps before dressing up. But after some years, I got promoted in my job and the workload has been heavy, leaving me no time for cycling. So now I only go on some laps in our village park every weekend... and sometimes nothing at all.

Note: The reason why I joined this forum is to motivate myself in using my bike again. I am thinking of buying a new one if and when my motivation is enough to make me work at least twice a week. Hello there, village park.

Twice or thrice but mostly on weekends. Sometimes while off work then I can find time and in cycle.

Reactions: steve
I ride my bike about every other day. I'd like to do it every day, but sometimes I have something other planned that day(I like to always ride my bike at a specific time of the day), sometimes I am tired, and sometimes I am just too lazy.

When I was young and in high school it seemed all I did was cycle. I cycled to get me everywhere. I found it quicker than walking. It seems to give me more exercise than walking also. I was much thinner. I have not done too much cycling since I learned to drive. I know that sounds a bit lazy. But, I grew up in the Motor City and this is the way everyone gets around after learning to drive. I know live in a more remote area with a lot of hills. I think it would be perfect to get back on the bike and back into shape.

I started cycling only during Sunday mornings, but as I got hooked it, it became more frequent. Now, I do it every other day. I do it nighttime during weekdays so that it won't disrupt my work schedule. Also, what I really like about cycling is the fact that you do not need to be with someone to be able to do it. Unlike other form of sports like badminton or tennis, even if your friends are not in the mood to go cycling, that won't hinder you from being able to do it on your own. I started doing it only for like 30 minutes, now, I notice that each of my sessions even last up to 3 hours. It's just so much fun! I always do it inside my school campus so it would overall be safer as compared to doing it on a normal road with too many cars.
(I work in schools :) ) so have plenty of time for mid week rides / training. I would suggest doing 30 minute indoor high intensity rides mid week if you can't get out.