How many want to see an end to gun and cycling threads?

I concur, some people have reasons for carrying a gun, even on a ride.. I would sometimes too if it were legal here.

frenchyge said:
Right, but it's a tool for shooting things rather than 2-wheeled transportation. I agree with the others that gun choice is off-topic for a cycling equipment forum.

I'm surprised to hear that since you don't get assaulted except while cycling that you don't carry your weapon when on foot. But in that case it wouldn't really be a cycling tool in your mind, so I guess that does make sense. ;)

You misunderstood.

(edit) WTF? By what convoluted illogic does your false assumption that I only carry while cycling, lead you to conclude that my cycling self-defense tool, "wouldn't really be a cycling tool, in (my) mind"? How on Earth do you arrive at *that*?

What I carry cycling, and how I carry it, is *different* from what I carry walking or driving, because of the demands of cycling, and the ergonomics of recumbent riding.

lcmarrero said:
:confused: I'm new to the forums but it seems that if you start censuring the topics its a bad slippery slop to start. I don't like speedplay pedals much so I don't read the threads if they are posted. I think we are free to ignore guns and cycling threads if were not interested! I haven't seen a guns and cycling thread, but would just not read them not interesting to me.

:D When (Speedplay) Frogs are outlawed, I'll be an outlaw.:D

Thanks for supporting the Bill of Rights.