How Mountain Bikers "Enjoy Nature"

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".

    http://www.bikemag.com/

    Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    Tags:

  2. Gary

    Gary Guest

    How environmental whack O's like to enjoy nature.

    http://havc.org/gallery_gypsy_mtn/pages/smile-tree-sit.htm

    > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    >
    > http://www.bikemag.com/
    >
    > Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  3. Fish!

    Fish! Guest

    > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    >
    > http://www.bikemag.com/
    >
    > Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    Looks good, thanks for the URL.

  4. David L

    David L Guest

    "Fish!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    > >
    > > http://www.bikemag.com/
    > >
    > > Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    > > ===
    > > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    > >
    > > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
    > >

    > Looks good, thanks for the URL.

    after cutting out the cross-posting/

    thx for the site, it has some nice galleries.

    Dave

  5. Peterh

    Peterh Guest

    Mike Vandeman wrote:

    > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".

    Define "enjoy."

    Pete H
    --
    If you try to please everybody, somebody isn't going to like it.
    D. Rumsfeld

  6. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat").

    I'd love to visit some time. Maybe we could take a bike ride through it and do some hunting?

  7. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > How environmental whack O's like to enjoy nature.
    >
    > http://havc.org/gallery_gypsy_mtn/pages/smile-tree-sit.htm

    Hey, can I be like those people. Pleeese. I bet they smell as good as they look. What a bunch of
    looozers! It should be legal to shoot people like that.

    > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    >>
    >> http://www.bikemag.com/
    >>
    >> Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    >> ===
    >> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    >> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >>
    >> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  8. John

    John Guest

    Why do you care how someone else enjoys their life? Mind your own business.

    John

    Fish! <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    > >
    > > http://www.bikemag.com/
    > >
    > > Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    > > ===
    > > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    > >
    > > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
    > >

    > Looks good, thanks for the URL.

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  10. Why do you insist on viewing the world through a microscope instead of binoculars? You look at a
    picture with a 3 degree field of view and apply that narrow view to vast expanses of open space
    that simply are not experiencing the same type of use. Indeed, the area outside that 3 degree
    field of view has no use whatsoever. You have found a place that represents less than 0.0009% of a
    square mile, and a thousand such places in the same square mile will still be less than 1% of that
    square mile.

    > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    >
    > http://www.bikemag.com/
    >
    > Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  11. Hi again you silly useless piece of crap!

    still trolling eh, mikey? and still the same drivel. been gone from this group for 2 years or so end
    it looks the same.

    i've still got the auto responder - you need a little mail?

    Mike Vandeman wrote:

    the same useless mikey crap he's been spewing and spamming multiple groups with ( PLEASE trim your
    responces or better yet just Enail the fool) for more than 7 years snipped

  12. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    >
    > http://www.bikemag.com/

    Great pics! Thanks!

  13. On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:57:00 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> blurted:

    >The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers like to "enjoy nature".
    >
    >http://www.bikemag.com/
    >
    >Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature".
    >===
    >I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    >help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    >http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    Wow! That looks like phun. Definitely something to plan for vacation...

    --
    "<the spurs are the best team ever>" -Louise [email protected], 2/2/3

  14. On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:27:54 -0900, James Connell <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Hi again you silly useless piece of crap! . .still trolling eh, mikey? and still the same drivel.
    been gone from this .group for 2 years or so end it looks the same. . .i've still got the auto
    responder - you need a little mail? . .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .the same useless mikey crap he's
    been spewing and spamming multiple .groups with ( PLEASE trim your responces or better yet just
    Enail the .fool) for more than 7 years snipped

    Did you say something?
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  15. On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 03:33:49 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> The photo on the cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers
    .> like to "enjoy nature". .> . .Define "enjoy."

    Destroy.

    .Pete H

    ===

  16. On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:05:50 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Why do you insist on viewing the world through a microscope instead of .binoculars? You look at a
    picture with a 3 degree field of view and apply .that narrow view to vast expanses of open space
    that simply are not .experiencing the same type of use. Indeed, the area outside that 3 degree
    .field of view has no use whatsoever. You have found a place that represents .less than 0.0009% of a
    square mile, and a thousand such places in the same .square mile will still be less than 1% of that
    square mile.

    Did you say something? I thought not.

    ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> The photo on the cover of online bike
    magazine shows how mountain bikers .> like to "enjoy nature". .> .> http://www.bikemag.com/ .> .>
    Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature". .> === .> I am working on creating

  17. On 18 Feb 2003 06:13:36 -0800, [email protected] (John) wrote:

    .Why do you care how someone else enjoys their life? Mind your own business.

    Protecting wildlife from environmental rapists like mountin bikers IS my business.

    .John . . . .Fish! <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... .> In article
    <[email protected]>, .> [email protected] says... .> > The photo on the
    cover of online bike magazine shows how mountain bikers .> > like to "enjoy nature". .> > .> >
    http://www.bikemag.com/ .> > .> > Mountain bikers "enjoy nature" the way hunters "enjoy nature". .>
    > === .> > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> > humans ("pure
    habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> > years fighting auto dependence and road
    construction.) .> > .> > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> > .> .> Looks good, thanks for the URL.

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  18. > .Define "enjoy."

    > Destroy.

    You really need to get a new dictionary.

  19. Fish!

    Fish! Guest

    > On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:27:54 -0900, James Connell <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Hi again you silly useless piece of crap! . .still trolling eh, mikey? and still the same drivel.
    > been gone from this .group for 2 years or so end it looks the same. . .i've still got the auto
    > responder - you need a little mail? . .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .the same useless mikey crap he's
    > been spewing and spamming multiple .groups with ( PLEASE trim your responces or better yet just
    > Enail the .fool) for more than 7 years snipped
    >
    > Did you say something?

    it must be so hard to hear when you have those voices in your head.