> $1.79 a pound here.

For what cuts?

Pastorio

Bob (this one) wrote:
> Ray Gordon wrote:
>
>> $1.79 a pound here.
>

> For what cuts?
>
> Pastorio

The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)

--
Steve

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Bob (this one) wrote:
>
>> Ray Gordon wrote:
>>
>>> $1.79 a pound here.
>
> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)

Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.

regards, Ben

--
"What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"

Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite
(http://www.onesuite.com).
2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No
monthly or connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643
for 20 free minutes.

ben wrote in message ...
>Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Bob (this one) wrote:

>> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
>> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)
>
>Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.

and i thought i was paying alot for 4.99 chuck roast!!

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

ben wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>> Bob (this one) wrote:

>> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
>> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)
>

> Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.
>
> regards, Ben

OUCH. I knew that there was a reason that I wasn't terribly
religious! ;-)

--
Steve

Ray Gordon wrote:

> $1.79 a pound here.

Only if it's frozen and shaped like the plastic tube.

I'm getting fresh ground chuck from the butcher for the same
$2.69 a pound it has been for years.

The supermarket corned beef briskets were $1.99 this week, I
bought 8 for the freezer. I could wait until they go to
$1.59 but I wanted the better selection before the holiday.

I got two butcher-shop london broils bigger than the palm of
my hand, 2 for $5 but I have no idea what they weighed. I
would guess somewhere around a pound for the both of them.

Dawn

These are the specials from our two largest supermarkets

Ground Beef (80% lean) $1.68 (3 lb pkg. $1.58 lb) Ground
Beef (85% lean) $1.98 (10 lb pkg $1.88 lb) Ground Beef (93%
lean) $2.28 Boneless Top Sirloin Steak $3.98 lb Boneless Top
Sirloin Steak (Angus beef) $4.98 lb Boneless Shoulder Roast
(Angus) $1.47 lb Boneless Shoulder Steak (Angus) $1.97 lb

Lynn from Fargo

"Lynn Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> These are the specials from our two largest supermarkets
>
> Ground Beef (80% lean) $1.68 (3 lb pkg. $1.58 lb) Ground
> Beef (85% lean) $1.98 (10 lb pkg $1.88 lb) Ground Beef
> (93% lean) $2.28 Boneless Top Sirloin Steak $3.98 lb
> Boneless Top Sirloin Steak (Angus beef) $4.98 lb Boneless
> Shoulder Roast (Angus) $1.47 lb Boneless Shoulder Steak
> (Angus) $1.97 lb
>
> Lynn from Fargo

I tend to buy steaks in bulk and cut them myself. Botton
Round, Rump Roast or Eye Round on sale this week range $2.69-
$3.29, normally $4.49-$5.49. Boneless Sirloin $5,
Porterhouse or T-Bone this week is $6.99-$3 off.

Paid about 4.29 /lb for Rump roast, but the sticker on the
tenderloin says 24.89 /kilo so thats what in pounds 11.30?

Who usually shops per portion as well as per kilo.

Liz Calgary

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:36:23 GMT, "Kswck" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Lynn Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> These are the specials from our two largest supermarkets
>>
>> Ground Beef (80% lean) $1.68 (3 lb pkg. $1.58 lb) Ground
>> Beef (85% lean) $1.98 (10 lb pkg $1.88 lb) Ground Beef
>> (93% lean) $2.28 Boneless Top Sirloin Steak $3.98 lb
>> Boneless Top Sirloin Steak (Angus beef) $4.98 lb Boneless
>> Shoulder Roast (Angus) $1.47 lb Boneless Shoulder Steak
>> (Angus) $1.97 lb
>>
>> Lynn from Fargo
>
>I tend to buy steaks in bulk and cut them myself. Botton
>Round, Rump Roast or Eye Round on sale this week range
$2.69-$3.29,
>normally $4.49-$5.49. Boneless Sirloin $5, Porterhouse or
>T-Bone this week is $6.99-$3 off.

Beef Strip Loin Steak (New York) from COSTCO for a special
occasion: $6.69/lb in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%
Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ray Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote:

> $1.79 a pound here.

$4/pound for ground beef, and it goes upwards from there.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

In article <[email protected]>,
MisNomer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Paid about 4.29 /lb for Rump roast, but the sticker on the
> tenderloin says
> 24.89 /kilo so thats what in pounds 11.30?
>
> Who usually shops per portion as well as per kilo.

2.2 pounds to 1 kilo.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:43:57 +1300, Miche <[email protected]>
Interjected.. :

> In article <[email protected]>, "Ray
> Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > $1.79 a pound here.
>
> $4/pound for ground beef, and it goes upwards from there.
>
> Miche

No wonder you're chomping on Lamb!

Steve