How much are YOU paying for Beef?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ray Gordon, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Ray Gordon

    Ray Gordon Guest

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Ray Gordon wrote:

    > $1.79 a pound here.

    For what cuts?

    Pastorio

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Ray Gordon wrote:

    > $1.79 a pound here.

    For what cuts?

    Pastorio

  4. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Ray Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> $1.79 a pound here.
    >

    > For what cuts?
    >
    > Pastorio

    The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)

    --
    Steve

  5. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Ray Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> $1.79 a pound here.
    >

    > For what cuts?
    >
    > Pastorio

    The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)

    --
    Steve

  6. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Steve Calvin wrote:
    > Bob (this one) wrote:
    >
    >> Ray Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> $1.79 a pound here.
    >
    > The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    > cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)

    Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.

    regards, Ben

    --
    "What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"

    Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite
    (http://www.onesuite.com).
    2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No
    monthly or connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643
    for 20 free minutes.

  7. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Steve Calvin wrote:
    > Bob (this one) wrote:
    >
    >> Ray Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> $1.79 a pound here.
    >
    > The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    > cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)

    Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.

    regards, Ben

    --
    "What passes for wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness"

    Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite
    (http://www.onesuite.com).
    2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No
    monthly or connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643
    for 20 free minutes.

  8. Saerah

    Saerah Guest

    ben wrote in message ...
    >Steve Calvin wrote:
    >> Bob (this one) wrote:

    >> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    >> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)
    >
    >Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.

    and i thought i was paying alot for 4.99 chuck roast!!

    --
    Saerah

    TANSTAAFL

    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing
    swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
    power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
    farcical aquatic ceremony."

  9. Saerah

    Saerah Guest

    ben wrote in message ...
    >Steve Calvin wrote:
    >> Bob (this one) wrote:

    >> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    >> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)
    >
    >Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.

    and i thought i was paying alot for 4.99 chuck roast!!

    --
    Saerah

    TANSTAAFL

    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing
    swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
    power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
    farcical aquatic ceremony."

  10. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    ben wrote:
    > Steve Calvin wrote:
    >
    >> Bob (this one) wrote:

    >> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    >> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)
    >

    > Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.
    >
    > regards, Ben

    OUCH. I knew that there was a reason that I wasn't terribly
    religious! ;-)

    --
    Steve

  11. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    ben wrote:
    > Steve Calvin wrote:
    >
    >> Bob (this one) wrote:

    >> The last hind quarter that I got I paid $1.60/lb - custom
    >> cut and custom packaged (vacuum sealed)
    >

    > Nice. Those of us who keep kosher can pay $9 per pound.
    >
    > regards, Ben

    OUCH. I knew that there was a reason that I wasn't terribly
    religious! ;-)

    --
    Steve

  12. Dawn

    Dawn Guest

    Ray Gordon wrote:

    > $1.79 a pound here.

    Only if it's frozen and shaped like the plastic tube.

    I'm getting fresh ground chuck from the butcher for the same
    $2.69 a pound it has been for years.

    The supermarket corned beef briskets were $1.99 this week, I
    bought 8 for the freezer. I could wait until they go to
    $1.59 but I wanted the better selection before the holiday.

    I got two butcher-shop london broils bigger than the palm of
    my hand, 2 for $5 but I have no idea what they weighed. I
    would guess somewhere around a pound for the both of them.

    Dawn

  13. Lynn Gifford

    Lynn Gifford Guest

    These are the specials from our two largest supermarkets

    Ground Beef (80% lean) $1.68 (3 lb pkg. $1.58 lb) Ground
    Beef (85% lean) $1.98 (10 lb pkg $1.88 lb) Ground Beef (93%
    lean) $2.28 Boneless Top Sirloin Steak $3.98 lb Boneless Top
    Sirloin Steak (Angus beef) $4.98 lb Boneless Shoulder Roast
    (Angus) $1.47 lb Boneless Shoulder Steak (Angus) $1.97 lb

    Lynn from Fargo

  14. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

    "Lynn Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > These are the specials from our two largest supermarkets
    >
    > Ground Beef (80% lean) $1.68 (3 lb pkg. $1.58 lb) Ground
    > Beef (85% lean) $1.98 (10 lb pkg $1.88 lb) Ground Beef
    > (93% lean) $2.28 Boneless Top Sirloin Steak $3.98 lb
    > Boneless Top Sirloin Steak (Angus beef) $4.98 lb Boneless
    > Shoulder Roast (Angus) $1.47 lb Boneless Shoulder Steak
    > (Angus) $1.97 lb
    >
    > Lynn from Fargo

    I tend to buy steaks in bulk and cut them myself. Botton
    Round, Rump Roast or Eye Round on sale this week range $2.69-
    $3.29, normally $4.49-$5.49. Boneless Sirloin $5,
    Porterhouse or T-Bone this week is $6.99-$3 off.

  15. Misnomer

    Misnomer Guest

    Paid about 4.29 /lb for Rump roast, but the sticker on the
    tenderloin says 24.89 /kilo so thats what in pounds 11.30?

    Who usually shops per portion as well as per kilo.

    Liz Calgary

  16. On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:36:23 GMT, "Kswck" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Lynn Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> These are the specials from our two largest supermarkets
    >>
    >> Ground Beef (80% lean) $1.68 (3 lb pkg. $1.58 lb) Ground
    >> Beef (85% lean) $1.98 (10 lb pkg $1.88 lb) Ground Beef
    >> (93% lean) $2.28 Boneless Top Sirloin Steak $3.98 lb
    >> Boneless Top Sirloin Steak (Angus beef) $4.98 lb Boneless
    >> Shoulder Roast (Angus) $1.47 lb Boneless Shoulder Steak
    >> (Angus) $1.97 lb
    >>
    >> Lynn from Fargo
    >
    >I tend to buy steaks in bulk and cut them myself. Botton
    >Round, Rump Roast or Eye Round on sale this week range
    $2.69-$3.29,
    >normally $4.49-$5.49. Boneless Sirloin $5, Porterhouse or
    >T-Bone this week is $6.99-$3 off.

    Beef Strip Loin Steak (New York) from COSTCO for a special
    occasion: $6.69/lb in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

    http://www.smithfarms.com
    Farmers & Sellers of 100%
    Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

  17. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Ray Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > $1.79 a pound here.

    $4/pound for ground beef, and it goes upwards from there.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
    Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  18. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    MisNomer <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Paid about 4.29 /lb for Rump roast, but the sticker on the
    > tenderloin says
    > 24.89 /kilo so thats what in pounds 11.30?
    >
    > Who usually shops per portion as well as per kilo.

    2.2 pounds to 1 kilo.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
    Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  19. Steve Ritter

    Steve Ritter Guest

    On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:43:57 +1300, Miche <[email protected]>
    Interjected.. :

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Ray
    > Gordon" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > $1.79 a pound here.
    >
    > $4/pound for ground beef, and it goes upwards from there.
    >
    > Miche

    No wonder you're chomping on Lamb!

    Steve