how much did lampre pay quickstep for that stage?

SaintAndrew

Jul 4, 2006
they must have paid alot. most prestigious flat stage, boonen doesn't contest, and they even gave him a lead out.

Yes, after all, Boonen really needs the cash to be able to make his rent payments... and Quickstep is having trouble making it to the end of the month... :rolleyes:

I think when all you need to do is watch 1 rider that is what you do, if you get caught up in doing something else such as concentrating on winnign the stage you can get mixed up.

Boonen followed Hunter all the way and in the end one the green jersey easily. That was the objective not stage wins.

SaintAndrew said:
they must have paid alot. most prestigious flat stage, boonen doesn't contest, and they even gave him a lead out.

Out of the final corner on the last lap the QS leadout man (Roussleau?????), didn't look around and I think he assumed that he had Boonen on his wheel.
Instead Bennati was there - and with a guy like that he doesn't need to be asked twice.

On my tv it looked like Boonen made the effort too early, did not have his lead out and gave up on the win.