How much $ did Tyler win for L-B-L?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rexmba, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Rexmba

    Rexmba Guest

    Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first? 2nd?
    3rd? 20th?

    Hunter

    Tags:

  2. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Rexmba wrote:
    > Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    > 2nd? 3rd? 20th?

    I don't know how much is given out in the men's events, but Sue Palmer-Komar says she won about $600
    for her second place in Fl├Ęche Wallonne last week.

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  4. The prize money he received will pale in comparison to his increase in salary next year, especially
    if he backs it up w/ a good ride in the TdF.

    [email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    > 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
    >
    > Hunter

  5. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    [email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    > 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
    >
    > Hunter

    I don't know about the present day LBL, but less than 15 years ago the top prize at Roubaix was
    about $400.

  6. Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hunter wrote
    >> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    >> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?

    > http://www.letour.fr/stf/liege/2003/fr/enjeux.html

    Careful, someone is going to yell "ENGLISH PLEASE". And probably also "DOLLARS ONLY".

    Didier

    --
    Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
    http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)

  7. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Hunter wrote
    > >> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    > >> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
    >
    > > http://www.letour.fr/stf/liege/2003/fr/enjeux.html
    >
    > Careful, someone is going to yell "ENGLISH PLEASE". And probably also "DOLLARS ONLY".
    >
    > Didier
    >
    > --
    > Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
    > http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
    > University of Maryland -1273 (lab) Baltimore MD 21201 USA Fax: 1-410-706-2512

    Sounds like they struck a Nerve at the UM Neurobiology department. Stick to basketball...smiles

  8. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hunter wrote
    > >
    > > > http://www.letour.fr/stf/liege/2003/fr/enjeux.html
    > >
    > > Careful, someone is going to yell "ENGLISH PLEASE". And probably also "DOLLARS ONLY".
    > >
    > > Didier

    $16000EUR ain't bad for a day's work...

    Does it go into the kitty for splitting at the end of the year?

    Mike

  9. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > $16000EUR ain't bad for a day's work...

    Compare it to tennis :)

    > Does it go into the kitty for splitting at the end of the year?

    That's how it normally works, but there could be different prize/bonus weightings, depending on the
    riders contracts.

    cheers, Jeff

  10. Noel Llopis

    Noel Llopis Guest

    [email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in news:[email protected]
    m25.aol.com:

    > Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    > 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
    >
    > Hunter

    Check out the price money for Fleche-Wallonne. I suspect it would be more for L-B-L, but in the
    ball park.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/flechewallonne03/? id=default

    I'm completely amazed at the fact that there are two orders of magnitude difference between the
    men's and the women's prizes.

    --Noel

  11. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Noel Llopis
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in news:[email protected]
    > m25.aol.com:
    >
    > > Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
    > > 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
    > >
    > > Hunter
    >
    > Check out the price money for Fleche-Wallonne. I suspect it would be more for L-B-L, but in the
    > ball park.
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/flechewallonne03/? id=default
    >
    > I'm completely amazed at the fact that there are two orders of magnitude difference between the
    > men's and the women's prizes.

    And four orders of magnitude of public interest in the events.

    -WG

  12. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The prize money he received will pale in comparison to his increase
    in
    > salary next year, especially if he backs it up w/ a good ride in the TdF.

    I think that with his results in last year's Giro and this year's results in La Doyenne that he will
    have a rather bad time of it in the Tour with everyone and his brother marking him even when he
    stops to pee.

  13. Dan Spisak

    Dan Spisak Guest

    That is just under US$20,000. Do the winners of classics share the prize with the team as in the
    grand tours?