How much $ did Tyler win for L-B-L?

Rexmba

Guest
Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first? 2nd?
3rd? 20th?

Hunter

Rexmba wrote:
> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?

I don't know how much is given out in the men's events, but Sue Palmer-Komar says she won about $600
for her second place in Flèche Wallonne last week.

The prize money he received will pale in comparison to his increase in salary next year, especially
if he backs it up w/ a good ride in the TdF.

[email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
>
> Hunter

[email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
>
> Hunter

I don't know about the present day LBL, but less than 15 years ago the top prize at Roubaix was
about $400.

Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hunter wrote
>> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
>> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?

> http://www.letour.fr/stf/liege/2003/fr/enjeux.html

Careful, someone is going to yell "ENGLISH PLEASE". And probably also "DOLLARS ONLY".

Didier

--
Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)

"Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hunter wrote
> >> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
> >> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
>
> > http://www.letour.fr/stf/liege/2003/fr/enjeux.html
>
> Careful, someone is going to yell "ENGLISH PLEASE". And probably also "DOLLARS ONLY".
>
> Didier
>
> --
> Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
> http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
> University of Maryland -1273 (lab) Baltimore MD 21201 USA Fax: 1-410-706-2512

Sounds like they struck a Nerve at the UM Neurobiology department. Stick to basketball...smiles

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hunter wrote
> >
> > > http://www.letour.fr/stf/liege/2003/fr/enjeux.html
> >
> > Careful, someone is going to yell "ENGLISH PLEASE". And probably also "DOLLARS ONLY".
> >
> > Didier

$16000EUR ain't bad for a day's work...

Does it go into the kitty for splitting at the end of the year?

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:b7hra.3074$27.2403@fed1read07...

> $16000EUR ain't bad for a day's work...

Compare it to tennis :)

> Does it go into the kitty for splitting at the end of the year?

That's how it normally works, but there could be different prize/bonus weightings, depending on the
riders contracts.

cheers, Jeff

[email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in news:20030428100904.16156.00000144@mb-
m25.aol.com:

> Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
> 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
>
> Hunter

Check out the price money for Fleche-Wallonne. I suspect it would be more for L-B-L, but in the
ball park.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/flechewallonne03/? id=default

I'm completely amazed at the fact that there are two orders of magnitude difference between the
men's and the women's prizes.

--Noel

In article <[email protected]>, Noel Llopis
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (Rexmba) wrote in news:20030428100904.16156.00000144@mb-
> m25.aol.com:
>
> > Just curious. We never hear how much these races pay? Anyone know? What is the money for first?
> > 2nd? 3rd? 20th?
> >
> > Hunter
>
> Check out the price money for Fleche-Wallonne. I suspect it would be more for L-B-L, but in the
> ball park.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/flechewallonne03/? id=default
>
> I'm completely amazed at the fact that there are two orders of magnitude difference between the
> men's and the women's prizes.

And four orders of magnitude of public interest in the events.

-WG

"Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The prize money he received will pale in comparison to his increase
in
> salary next year, especially if he backs it up w/ a good ride in the TdF.

I think that with his results in last year's Giro and this year's results in La Doyenne that he will
have a rather bad time of it in the Tour with everyone and his brother marking him even when he
stops to pee.

That is just under US$20,000. Do the winners of classics share the prize with the team as in the
grand tours?