How much difficulty is there with installing a 26" rear wheel on a 2000 model TE EX?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Pete, May 15, 2003.

  1. Pete

    Pete Guest

    How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
    like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.

    Thanks

    Pete

    Tags:

  2. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
    > like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.

    There is about 30 mm of difference in the position of the rim of a 559 wheel in relation to the
    position of the brake pad on your V-brakes currently set up for a 622mm wheel. If you can move the
    pads or replace the V-brakes with others that can be adjusted to reach the 559 wheel, you can use
    your current brake bosses (posts). If this is not possible, then new brake bosses will need to be
    brazed on to the chainstays in the proper position. (Brazing and repainting is not a trivial task.)

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    "Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and
    > > would like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
    >
    > There is about 30 mm of difference in the position of the rim of a 559
    wheel in relation to the
    > position of the brake pad on your V-brakes currently set up for a 622mm
    wheel. If you can move
    > the pads or replace the V-brakes with others that can be adjusted to reach
    the 559 wheel, you
    > can use your current brake bosses (posts). If this is not possible, then
    new brake bosses will
    > need to be brazed on to the chainstays in the proper position. (Brazing
    and repainting is not a
    > trivial task.)

    ... or an alternative type of rear brake needs to be considered (roller brake or hub brake
    might work).

    Mads

  4. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Or purchase our new disk brake adapter for the TE and a disc brake wheel and you're set!

    Gabriel DeVault Easy Racers

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
    > like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Pete

  5. A&B

    A&B Guest

    Maybe Paul's? They have a lot of adjustment range. I used them when I put a 571 on my 559 VRex. See
    the MotoBMX on page: http://www.paulcomp.com/frmbk.html bill g

    Cletus Lee wrote:

    > > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and
    > > would like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
    >
    > There is about 30 mm of difference in the position of the rim of a 559 wheel in relation to the
    > position of the brake pad on your V-brakes currently set up for a 622mm wheel. If you can move
    > the pads or replace the V-brakes with others that can be adjusted to reach the 559 wheel, you can
    > use your current brake bosses (posts). If this is not possible, then new brake bosses will need
    > to be brazed on to the chainstays in the proper position. (Brazing and repainting is not a
    > trivial task.)

    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  6. Ken Kramer

    Ken Kramer Guest

    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Or purchase our new disk brake adapter for the TE and a disc brake wheel
    and
    > you're set!
    >
    > Gabriel DeVault Easy Racers

    Sounds very interesting. How about posting a picture of this conversion kit. Are we to assume that
    this kit will not work on a GRR?

  7. Jeff Baron

    Jeff Baron Guest

    hi pete,

    are you by any chance peter lewis?

    thanks,

    jeff

    Pete wrote:

    > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
    > like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Pete

  8. John Riley

    John Riley New Member