How much difficulty is there with installing a 26" rear wheel on a 2000 model TE EX?

Pete

Guest
How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.

Thanks

Pete

> How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
> like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.

There is about 30 mm of difference in the position of the rim of a 559 wheel in relation to the
position of the brake pad on your V-brakes currently set up for a 622mm wheel. If you can move the
pads or replace the V-brakes with others that can be adjusted to reach the 559 wheel, you can use
your current brake bosses (posts). If this is not possible, then new brake bosses will need to be
brazed on to the chainstays in the proper position. (Brazing and repainting is not a trivial task.)

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and
> > would like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
>
> There is about 30 mm of difference in the position of the rim of a 559
wheel in relation to the
> position of the brake pad on your V-brakes currently set up for a 622mm
wheel. If you can move
> the pads or replace the V-brakes with others that can be adjusted to reach
the 559 wheel, you
> can use your current brake bosses (posts). If this is not possible, then
new brake bosses will
> need to be brazed on to the chainstays in the proper position. (Brazing
and repainting is not a
> trivial task.)

... or an alternative type of rear brake needs to be considered (roller brake or hub brake
might work).

Mads

Or purchase our new disk brake adapter for the TE and a disc brake wheel and you're set!

Gabriel DeVault Easy Racers

"Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and would
> like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

Maybe Paul's? They have a lot of adjustment range. I used them when I put a 571 on my 559 VRex. See
the MotoBMX on page: http://www.paulcomp.com/frmbk.html bill g

Cletus Lee wrote:

> > How difficult is it to install a 26" rear wheel on a TE? I now have v-brakes on the bike and
> > would like to install a 26" wheel in place of the 700 that came on the bike.
>
> There is about 30 mm of difference in the position of the rim of a 559 wheel in relation to the
> position of the brake pad on your V-brakes currently set up for a 622mm wheel. If you can move
> the pads or replace the V-brakes with others that can be adjusted to reach the 559 wheel, you can
> use your current brake bosses (posts). If this is not possible, then new brake bosses will need
> to be brazed on to the chainstays in the proper position. (Brazing and repainting is not a
> trivial task.)

> - Bellaire, TX USA -

"bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Or purchase our new disk brake adapter for the TE and a disc brake wheel
and
> you're set!
>
> Gabriel DeVault Easy Racers

Sounds very interesting. How about posting a picture of this conversion kit. Are we to assume that
this kit will not work on a GRR?

hi pete,

are you by any chance peter lewis?

thanks,