How Much Do People Lie About Averages Speed?

Uawadall said:
I'd check that speedometer for accuracy. A brisk walk to work use to take me 1 hour for 4.5 miles. A jog at a moderate pace for me is 4.5 miles in 35 or so minutes. I'm not trying to be rude, I just think you may have a malfunctioning speedometer. Either that or you're going up some major climbs. A phone app like runkeeper or strava can help you find out if this is the case. Also, If you know the distance from your location to your destination, time yourself and do the math manually. Again, not trying to be rude.
No offence or rudeness taken :)

I'll have a configure around or use two separate speedometers next time I go for a ride and see what I get.

Susimi said:
I wish I was...I sometimes use a speedometer installed on the bike to check my speed but now I mostly use it for distance.
Something tells me that your speedometer may be a little bit off.

AtlantaSports said:
Something tells me that your speedometer may be a little bit off.
It could very well be, but then again maybe I'm just a really slow rider haha!

I'll see what happens when I use my phone for the speed.

I feel like people always lie about their average speeds. They want to exaggerate just to put them out of the box. To make them feel more valued.

I pretty much lie about everything. I tell people to have a nice day but I don't really mean it.

I concur that some people just mention figures just to feel good about themselves and boost their ego. They should just give us a break and be frank about their capabilities. This is not a popularity contest forum!

Susimi said:
It could very well be, but then again maybe I'm just a really slow rider haha!

I'll see what happens when I use my phone for the speed.
That could be true as well haha!
jhuskey said:
I pretty much lie about everything. I tell people to have a nice day but I don't really mean it.
Man, you're just a rebel without a cause.