How Much Do You All Weigh?

I'm a 5'9" 32 yo Filipino male. My weight was 213, watched what and how much I was eating then brought it down to 190. Started cycling again for the first time in 6 years about 6 weeks ago, now I weigh 178 lbs.

7 years ago I was 165 lbs with 3% body fat, rode a century in 4 hours 10 minutes, benchpressed 335 (max), and mountain biked like mad.

Then I got married, started residency, and now have three fantastic kids. I miss my previous fitness level but I wouldn't trade the life I have now for the hours upon hours it took to attain that level of fitness back then. My goal is to bring my weight back to 170.

I started cycling at about 66kg, i'm 70 atm and i notice the difference on long flats and hills... diet time again... :eek:

5'8", 175lbs., muscular, hazel eyes, clean, like to work out, i'm a taurus, i like holding hands and looking at the stars.

5'8" and pushing 200. Part of the reason i started riding 3 weeks ago. Already seeing a difference in my body and fitness, but not in weight loss (which is fine for now).
Lightest i've ever been was 145, way too small for my frame though. Would like to get down to about 155 though.

I'm husky at 290lbs:eek: , 6'2, 26yr old male. Just trying to get into bicycling to help lose weight. Having to find a bike for a guy my size is fun; I think I'm going to settle on the Kona Hoss or Jamis Durango Sport. Mostly I'll ride to work (22 miles round trip) and then get some weekend rides in. My ideal weight is between 215 and 225 as my lean body mass was measured at 203 so unfortunately I'd have to lose muscle to get below 200. Guess I won't be a good hillclimber, but not looking to compete ever.

I was born in Cebu now transplanted to USA since I was three. Pretty much coconut. Brown on the outside, white on the inside.

5' 11.5" 159 lbs. I am 26 years old. I am trying to get down to 150-155 which was my "ideal" race weight when I was running in events.

biknfatty said:
I'm husky at 290lbs:eek: , 6'2, 26yr old male. Just trying to get into bicycling to help lose weight. Having to find a bike for a guy my size is fun; I think I'm going to settle on the Kona Hoss or Jamis Durango Sport. Mostly I'll ride to work (22 miles round trip) and then get some weekend rides in. My ideal weight is between 215 and 225 as my lean body mass was measured at 203 so unfortunately I'd have to lose muscle to get below 200. Guess I won't be a good hillclimber, but not looking to compete ever.
Thank God! Another clydesdale bretheren! :D I was beginning to feel all alone here on cyclingforums.com.

That Kona Hoss is a sweet looking ride. Personally, I would pick it over the Durango. Although there are better values out there, another bike with a beefy frame is the Specialized HardRock.

I ended up getting a second set of wheels for my MTB. They are Sun Big Fat Mammoth rims laced to Deore LX hubs. The stock wheels that came on the bike just don't ever seem to stay true. :rolleyes: Imagine that!

5'10" 145 pounds, I was 165 18 months ago (been cycling 3 months), so for me cycling's not for loosing weight. I love the endorphin high and the big smile it gives me, plus the cheap transport.

5,11, 145 lbs (66 kg). Am I a climber? I am pretty new to cycling and I don´t really know what type of cyclist I am.

Female 5`3", 128lbs 18% body fat...been cycling now for about a year and just waiting for the body fat to get lower...muscles arent going anywhere. I am heavy but I cant help it (check out thread `muscle bound forever`)

I dont care how much I weigh as long as I can do what I want, how I want.

e

I never normally pay much attention to my speed when I ride, although I have a semi-accurate bike computer fixed to my bike. I was on the flat for a while yesterday, though, and I noted my speed varied between 20 mph to 16 mph, depending on the curve of the road or wind resistance. But I also think the bike makes a difference. I'm definitely more efficient on the Scott than on my main training bike.
What I can say, though, is that my bike workouts have never been better since I cut down on frequency and substituted intensity. I look forward to my cycling session now that I force myself to take rest days and eat better.
I stepped up the weight-training too. I had been doing far less weights but I now feel I really need the weights to keep my bodyweight up (I'd been losing weight, getting sore joints and feeling aches in too many places).
I squatted 250 for a few deep reps the other day to break myself back in a little. I used to rep out 300 lbs on the bench but am struggling with far less at present.
With regard to your own weight, what would be your ideal weight? Would you like to drop some mass to gain speed on the bike or is your idea to gain muscle during Winter? Myself I found it's the longer rides that tend to make a rider lose weight. I had been doing shorter rides quite often but find that 3 hours of hard riding makes me lose piles of weight (too much in fact).

Doctor Morbius said:
Acually, I'm suprised you have maintained strength in your squat. Losing bodyweight always affected my lifts back when I was using heavy weights. Even a 15 Lb difference in bodyweight made quite a bit of difference in my squat and deadlift. Bench didn't seem to be as affected but I still couldn't do 350 - 364 for 5 x 5 if I lost much weight.

Went out today for an hour ride and kept the pace very steady. Had an average HR of 144 BPM or 75.4% of my known max. Had an average speed of 16.0 MPH. Very disappointing indeed. It was a little windy out so I may have been able to squeeze an extra 0.2 MPH out if the day was perfect. It's no wonder I didn't do any endurace activities when I was younger. I suck at them.

ejglows said:
Female 5`3", 128lbs 18% body fat...been cycling now for about a year and just waiting for the body fat to get lower...muscles arent going anywhere. I am heavy but I cant help it (check out thread `muscle bound forever`)

I dont care how much I weigh as long as I can do what I want, how I want.

e
That's not heavy!!

I

Don't weigh myself - but I'm guessing 120lbs 5"5. Have put on at least ten pounds since swapping cycling for running (injured).... most of this extra mass seems to have gone straight to my thighs!

martin_g said:
145lb 6" 4'
Damn those false flats & descents! :mad:

Carrera said:
I never normally pay much attention to my speed when I ride, although I have a semi-accurate bike computer fixed to my bike. I was on the flat for a while yesterday, though, and I noted my speed varied between 20 mph to 16 mph, depending on the curve of the road or wind resistance. But I also think the bike makes a difference. I'm definitely more efficient on the Scott than on my main training bike.
What I can say, though, is that my bike workouts have never been better since I cut down on frequency and substituted intensity. I look forward to my cycling session now that I force myself to take rest days and eat better.
I stepped up the weight-training too. I had been doing far less weights but I now feel I really need the weights to keep my bodyweight up (I'd been losing weight, getting sore joints and feeling aches in too many places).
I squatted 250 for a few deep reps the other day to break myself back in a little. I used to rep out 300 lbs on the bench but am struggling with far less at present.
With regard to your own weight, what would be your ideal weight? Would you like to drop some mass to gain speed on the bike or is your idea to gain muscle during Winter? Myself I found it's the longer rides that tend to make a rider lose weight. I had been doing shorter rides quite often but find that 3 hours of hard riding makes me lose piles of weight (too much in fact).
You're currently much stronger than I. I haven't benched 300 in years! And I wouldn't even think of putting 250 Lbs on my back these days. Too many joints ache. During the 10 years in the Tech Sector working for Godless corporate America I was just too sedentary and too stressed out and lost all of that strength. I'm also 20 years older than when I was able to lift that much. What a difference a mere 20 years can make. :rolleyes: Fortunately, I've kept some of the size but need to whittle away at the fat stores.

I don't really have an ideal bodyweight in mind but I do have an ideal % bodyfat of around 10 - 12 percent. I'm sure I'll pack on some muscle this winter as I have a goal to reach 20" guns by Summer '05. They were just under 19" last Spring before taking serveral months off lifting and have shrunk down to paltry 18 1/2". However, that 1/2" should come back pretty quickly as I've resumed lifting again. The quads could use a little more work too. They're currently 27 1/4".

I only started cycling in May of '03 (with 2 months off during the winter due to a respiratory problem) so I guess I shouldn't be all that upset over my speeds and distances, especially for a white twitch fiber kind of guy. I'll improve at cycling eventually ... I HOPE!

Yes, my joints give me trouble as well. It's all well and good squatting 400 lbs twice a week in your twenties but at 40 people like myself run into trouble. To be honest, I'm the only surviving member of the old gym rats who worked out at the uni gym back in 1991. The others all have bad backs, shot knees and sore joints. I have plenty of aches and pains but I can still keep myself reasonably in shape. Having said that, when I did my 250 squats some days ago I had to really warm up my knees.
If I push it I guess I should be able to bang out 20 rep sets with the same weight over Winter - you can imagine the heavy breathing that tends to trigger.The gym is also so lousy there's no chinning bar so I have to go downstairs and do them on a drain pipe. The management banned me from doing that so I have to be kind of sneaky.
I think I enjoy my cycling more than the weight work but I also enjoy the variety of my training. It's good to be able to look forward to a hard cycle ride and then give it your all on the day.

Doctor Morbius said:
You're currently much stronger than I. I haven't benched 300 in years! And I wouldn't even think of putting 250 Lbs on my back these days. Too many joints ache. During the 10 years in the Tech Sector working for Godless corporate America I was just too sedentary and too stressed out and lost all of that strength. I'm also 20 years older than when I was able to lift that much. What a difference a mere 20 years can make. :rolleyes: Fortunately, I've kept some of the size but need to whittle away at the fat stores.

I don't really have an ideal bodyweight in mind but I do have an ideal % bodyfat of around 10 - 12 percent. I'm sure I'll pack on some muscle this winter as I have a goal to reach 20" guns by Summer '05. They were just under 19" last Spring before taking serveral months off lifting and have shrunk down to paltry 18 1/2". However, that 1/2" should come back pretty quickly as I've resumed lifting again. The quads could use a little more work too. They're currently 27 1/4".

I only started cycling in May of '03 (with 2 months off during the winter due to a respiratory problem) so I guess I shouldn't be all that upset over my speeds and distances, especially for a white twitch fiber kind of guy. I'll improve at cycling eventually ... I HOPE!