How Much Do You All Weigh?

Gilders said:
5' 11 and 73kg (161 lbs approx.). Plenty of sit-ups and crunches, but still no decent six pack!
A "6-pack" of abs is mainly related to bodyfat and water weight. A person can do abs all day long and never see them if they are obscured.

179cm and 93kgs (bodyfat around 14%). I am pretty **** in hills next to lighter guys. But I am training to, hopefully, start track sprinting soon, so am more aiming for strength and power anyway.

I am still 5kgs lighter than Sean Eadie :D

runna said:
179cm and 93kgs (bodyfat around 14%). I am pretty **** in hills next to lighter guys. But I am training to, hopefully, start track sprinting soon, so am more aiming for strength and power anyway.

I am still 5kgs lighter than Sean Eadie :D
yes but if eadie lost chin whiskers would you not weight the same >> "strokes beard":rolleyes:

6'3'' 230 lbs 31 yrs old and just started riding to loose weight. Basketball and lifting weights beats my body up too much. Later.

Carrera said:
Hi!
I got the answer to a question I was nervous of investigating the other day, namely my weight. I finally jumped on some pay scales, stuck a coin in and got my reading.
I haven't been dieting or anything and eat as much as I want (excluding junk food) and my weight is exactly 185 pounds. Strictly speaking, that's a little heavy for a cyclist but I feel O.K. at this weight. I think I must have slimmed down from 200 to 179 but I decided to put a little weight back so so I'm at 185 and stable. My energy level felt good on my ride today and I'm climbing fairly well at my present weight.
My question, though, is how much do you all weigh and what would be your ideal weight? Also how has manipulation of your bodyweight affected your cycling (i.e. losing some pounds or putting a few pounds back on).
Finally what do you all think is the average weight for a cyclist of normal height?

Well I am 248 right now and mostly ride road bikes. People love to ride behind me, hence the user name. I am spinning 3 - 4 times per week and already feel stronger. Ideal weight for me to cycle is 185-190 but that was a long time ago. I completed a century in 5 hours on a flat course at that weight.

175 @ 5'11"

Being a student and having a job and all that.. But I'll get it down to below 160 when the time comes.

5'9 and 67kgs. Was 63.5kgs last yr but didnt have as much power and had a lower body fat, meaning i kept getting ill.

"I used to be a cox in rowing so during the summer i was 127lbs, pretty light for a fella measuring 5'9 and 18yrs old. I think i've reached my optimal weight now thought at 145lbs. I've quit rowing so no longer have weight restrictions but i've always been pretty light anyways."

Hey, a fellow rower. I row for my highschool right now, so I get alot of my training from that ( even if alot of it is upper body)

I'm 5'10 and weigh around 134lbs. Last I checked, my BMI was 9%-ish. Oh yeah, I climb.

Got back into cycling Jan. '03 when at age 39 I weighed in at 235 lbs (I'm 5'10"). Today, Dec 2, '04, I'm back to my high school weight of 165. Hopefully, this will be my top weight in years to come. I plan on getting down to about 150 - 155 this spring and riding in some charity centuries. Longest ride I've done so far was 81 miles last Friday, on a mountain bike. I'll be getting a road bike before too long so I (hopefully) won't be left in the dust on the centuries.

My Current weight is 187, down from 258 14 Months ago. Weight loss was one of the motivaions that got me onto the bike, but really it's about diet. I count calories and weigh my portions. I took a few days off for Thanksgiving and it hit me hard. You might be surprised to see how sensitive your body is to changes in diet. I'd like to drop into the 160's which would probably be a bit heavy for others. At 5'8" and my frame, I think that is about as low as I can go and not look emaciated.

Carrera said:
Hi!
I got the answer to a question I was nervous of investigating the other day, namely my weight. I finally jumped on some pay scales, stuck a coin in and got my reading.
I haven't been dieting or anything and eat as much as I want (excluding junk food) and my weight is exactly 185 pounds. Strictly speaking, that's a little heavy for a cyclist but I feel O.K. at this weight. I think I must have slimmed down from 200 to 179 but I decided to put a little weight back so so I'm at 185 and stable. My energy level felt good on my ride today and I'm climbing fairly well at my present weight.
My question, though, is how much do you all weigh and what would be your ideal weight? Also how has manipulation of your bodyweight affected your cycling (i.e. losing some pounds or putting a few pounds back on).
Finally what do you all think is the average weight for a cyclist of normal height?
Currently I weigh 220 lbs (too heavy) which kills me on the hills, but doesn't hurt me at all at my weekly crits. I am 6 ft tall and it has been my experience that my ideal weight is probably closer to 195. I can put on muscle mass easier than most (30 inch thighs) but also cannot get down below 190 without losing too much power. I can accept the fact that I'll never be Roberto Heras on the hills, but I can ride long flat or gentle rollers at a good clip and I can hold my own in a sprint. I started cycling a couple years ago when I was 270 lbs and felt that I was heading toward a lot of health problems. I feel great now and know I can get even more fit. I try not to pay too much attention when the commentators refer to Jan Ullrich at as a "huge" man at a whopping 165 lbs. Pro's are generally pretty small with the exception of a few guys like Magnus Backstedt. I think everyone is given a certain body type and it's not always ideal for cycling. Finding your optimum power-weight ratio for the type of cycling that you do is the key and then just keep riding.
:cool:

6'2" and currently 198 gained about 5-6lbs since I really stopped skiing a month ago or so.

My ideal weight is somewhere around 175, although at 180 I really start to look and feel good.

I'm commuting only 10 miles per day but riding around 15 miles on the weekend. I'm trying to adjust my diet. When I'm skiing and hiking all winter I can eat like a pig and not gain. I need to be around 185 by summer. Typically for me a diet is the largest contributer to weight loss, and the aerobic activity really helps to keep me healthy.

Somewhere around 5'8" (I have been measured everywhere from 5'7" to 5'10" but judging by my wife's height and a friend of mine I say 5'8"! I am currently 166lbs and on my way back down to my racing weight of 150lbs. Last year I had health problems, stress, a wedding to plan and have, looked for, bought and fixed up a house, honeymooned in Europe and got a new coaching job, so training got left behind!

About 137 lbs at 5' 6.5" at present. Just about ready for race season. Like to keep it between 134 and 137.

176cm, 64 kilos (about 5'10", 141lbs?), 35 yrs old. I've put on about 4 to 5 kilos in the past 3 years and definitely noticed a difference in climbing ability: I've gotten slower climbing, while at the same time, increased my speeds on the flats dramatically. Started doing weights and sprint training 2 years ago....I feel like Jalabert in reverse ;) Anyone with similar experience? How did you get back climbing skill while not losing muscle? (part of my weight increase was muscular)