How Much Do You All Weigh?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Carrera, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Tatti

Tatti New Member

6ft and 148lbs

2. pfknob

pfknob New Member

6'0" = 168 lbs. Trying to get to between 160 - 165. Bodyfat at around 18%. Ride approx. 100 - 120 miles/week. Easily burn 5,000+ calories and strictly watching food intake. Stuck at 168...very frustrating.

Peter
    San Diego, CA

BTW: Weather today - 78 F; blue skies, riding up Coast Highway 101; absolutely heaven! :cool:

3. Karp

Karp New Member

5,11, and 143 lbs. (180cm, 65 kg). I think I am too skinny. I haven´t been a cyclist for long, only a year and a half, but used to train tennis 5 days a week for a couple of years and run 2-3 times a week. I don´t really know how to gain weight. I have been around 145 lbs for years now. (I am 18, by the way). How should I get some more fat on my body? I don´t know how many percent body fat I have, but I would guess it is really low. (freezing like **** during the winter). I know gaining some weight would probably weaken my climbing skills, but that is ok, I live in Sweden and we don´t have huge mountains over here. Furthermore, on long rides, 70+ miles, I hit the "wall" pretty often. Has this something to do with my low percentage of body fat? My endurance is very good, so it shouldn´t be that.

cheers, alex

4. Count Dz

Count Dz New Member

Weighning in, on this side of the coast at a whopping 200lbs @ 6ft tall, it's me. Was down to 187-190 last Oct. Was feeling good :). Now I gots me a brand new Devenci just in time for spring :cool: . Lost 4-5 lbs in the past week and half. Would like to be somewhere around 180 eventually by the end of summer. Looking to do a century ride in Sept. Loving this road bike thing that's for sure.

peace,
    Dz

5. matteo moller

matteo moller New Member

5'6'',138 as of today. down from 151 on jan 1st. weighed 220 a few years ago. still have about 5 to go.

6. warrior1

warrior1 New Member

32 years old 5'6" @ 167 pound right now, summer ridding usually 158-160. wold like to be at 145-150 pounds. we will see

7. Wolfzazi

Wolfzazi New Member

I have fluctuated within the past 2 months from 136-142lbs. I'm 5'7 1/2 and used to weigh 123lbs about a year and a half ago. Everyone told me and told me i looked ridiculously skinny (family) and after i went on my Mcdonalds Mcdeal diet to reach where i am now.

8. triguy98

triguy98 New Member

6'2 190lbs. Race weight ~185lbs. It varies as the season progresses. I wish there were more young Clydesdales racing. It's hard for my sometimes 200lbs butt to keep up with the 150lbs sticks.

9. AmpedCycle

AmpedCycle New Member

You know, I think body weight and genetics is a funny thing. You see, I'm also 6'2'', but I weigh about 160. I weighed 154 in the beginning of february, but weight training has slapped some pounds on me (Never mind that I can lift more in the gym). Is it that you weigh so much more because of bone density, muscle mass, or fat? All of the above? What's your body fat percentage?

10. bikeguy

bikeguy New Member

183 cm (6 ft) and 76-77 kg. I will shortly be going to a cycling training camp and competing in mass start and TT's this spring/summer.

11. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Be glad you can't gain weight. In five years you will have no problem, and in ten you will wish you weighed 145 again.

12. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

1.93 M (6'4") tall and terminally stuck at 90KG or more (200-205lbs) depending on hydration. I am reletively thin, but know from my racing days (about 7 years and 5 Kgs ago) that the climbs are mocking my fat a$$.

13. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Some people are just built different. I am not much taller than you, but I look really emaciated at 185 lbs. I am no powerhouse with massive muscles either, some of it has to be bone density/size of internal organs, etc. But also just the size of your frame. I used to get hung up on height to weight-ratio but the taller you are, the broader your shoulders, the longer your arms, the wider your hips, the bigger your feet (and you know what else that means...big shoes) all other things being equal so it really doesn't work. Look at the difference between Magnus Backstedt and Axel Merck, Axel is down around 160lbs and Magnus is 200lbs, both are thin and close in height, but Axel has a much thinner frame to work with.

Perhaps soon there will be titainium bone transplants for those with cash to burn to help those of us who are more "dense"...

14. triguy98

triguy98 New Member

I havent had a caliper test done in a while, but I believe its around 12% I have wide shoulders, an dcouldnt imagine weighing 160 again. It's been about 4 years since I weighed that. It's not that I mind weighing close to 200, but i just wouldnt feel right whupping up on all the fat old dudes in the clydesdale class.

15. Carrera

Carrera New Member

This is totally weird.
    I just weighed myself and I'm 14 stones and one pound. That's the same weight as when I was doing bodybuilding and zero aerobics. Now I only weight train light once a week and, if anything, I'm heavier (cycling every day). I'm only 5'11 tall as well.
    To cap things off, I now have a phenomenal 39 inch gut!! This is bad. Very bad. My waist was only 34 last Summer.
    It's strange as my actual cycling performance is good, yet I'm plain fat at the moment. I was averaging 21 mph today on the flat and climbing really well. I feel really strong on the bike but a 39 inch gut simply cannot be a good thing. I'll just have to start doing more long distance riding and less sprinting.
    Recently I took to eating a lot of honey to combat hayfever allergy so maybe this is why I put on too much weight.

16. jjiam

jjiam New Member

Im also a big guy 5'11" and 250lbs. I was a football player in high school and college, but that was a long time ago, I kept lifting and bam got heavier and heavier, when I cycled 30 miles a day 5 days a week during summer, I got down to 225, but I was very very weak. So I would say that around 240lbs is good for my muscle pack i have on my body, but I have stopped lifting(and also cycling) was hurt, but now I'm getting back slowly, so my 245 now is more fat than im used to, but that's gonna change very soon, once I get back into cycling!

17. AmpedCycle

AmpedCycle New Member

I don't know if "clydesdale" is the right euphemism for being heavy

18. airjames

airjames New Member

I'm 5'11 206lbs I was up to 242 last year but, changed my diet and started riding again after 15yrs. Dropped the first 30+ but, cant seem to get below 200.

19. TeamPlayers

TeamPlayers New Member

Im 5'11 210 and about 9% body fat (thats what the ARMY says) and I think Im good where Im at but when it comes to climbs it feels like im bout to die

20. Muddy Beast

Muddy Beast New Member

im 13, 5'8 and wiegh 130 according to the rule with your height in inches multiplied by 2 im just below were im supposed to be at...im supposed to be 136...but i eat ANYTHING i want...i dont like wat most ppl do...like sandwiches, italian and mexican food, ect. basically i like junk food and chinese...thats about all i eat *rice rocks!* im lucky because i have a high metabalism...but im trying to eat better and slim up a lil

~Scott