How Much Do You All Weigh?

Are there any women reading this who have less than 15% body fat?

I just wonder.. because I have this belief that it's much rarer to find very lean women (we tend to store fat for other biological purposes).

solostyle said:
Are there any women reading this who have less than 15% body fat?

I just wonder.. because I have this belief that it's much rarer to find very lean women (we tend to store fat for other biological purposes).
If I am not mistaken very low body fat for women can be dangerous, most women need 10 -12% at least to keep producing all of our necessary hormones. Lower than that and you are at risk for osteoporosis and hormonal imbalances.

AmpedCycle said:
I don't know if "clydesdale" is the right euphemism for being heavy
I'm pretty sure that "clydesdale" is definitely the right euphemism for being heavy (http://www.roadbikerider.com/lingo.htm). In fact, I know a few fellows that participate in clydesdale divisions when racing. A friend of mine actually GAINED weight so that he could compete in the clydesdale division of a triathalon. I told him that was cheating, but he wouldn't listen to me. :)

BTW, I'm 6-2 - 175

I am 5' 11", 207 lbs and 40 years old. Down from about 250 lbs about 3 years ago (pre-cycling of course). Have gained some muscle this winter in the upper body with weight training but my #$#$% scale says that I am 27% body fat. Way more than people of comparable weight/height are saying here. I keep telling me that the cheap Taylor scale I have is grossly inaccurate - keeps me motivated though! :D

P.S. Any recommendations on an accurate scale with BMI that won't break the bank?

Im 23, 6'6" and weight 235. About 6% Body Fat when I was swimming, now closer to 10% damn retirement

5" 8" @ 155-160 lbs. I have some upper body mass from working out during my 20's. Man then I was all upper body and no leggs (nicknamed chicken leggs) and now I am much more ballanced.

I'm presently at about 194 at a height of 5'11. Seem to have put weight on and am increasing the longer rides to compensate.

Eden said:
If I am not mistaken very low body fat for women can be dangerous, most women need 10 -12% at least to keep producing all of our necessary hormones. Lower than that and you are at risk for osteoporosis and hormonal imbalances.
You are not mistaken.

I have been around competitive women bodybuilders and know that they would only have their "monthly friend" only a couple times a year during off season training. Of course it varies per woman on how they are effected, but it is typical for top level females to deal with this issue.