How much do you think this bicycle is worth?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by B.I., May 6, 2004.

  1. B.I.

    B.I. Guest

    My wife bought a new Santa Cruz Blur and we want to sell her old Rocky Mtn Hardtail.

    -1997 Rocky Mtn Hammer Race 15" (Steel)
    -Marzocchi Bomber z.2 atom 80 (1999)
    -rock shox susp. seat post
    -race face lp cranks
    -race face system stem
    -full xt drivetrain (older style) incl derail/shifters/cassette/chain rings
    -avid v-brakes
    -richey rizer bar
    -bontrager rims w/ lx hubs

    Any opinions would help!

    Thanks in advance!

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (B.I.) wrote:

    > My wife bought a new Santa Cruz Blur and we want to sell her old Rocky Mtn
    > Hardtail.
    >
    > -1997 Rocky Mtn Hammer Race 15" (Steel)
    > -Marzocchi Bomber z.2 atom 80 (1999)
    > -rock shox susp. seat post
    > -race face lp cranks
    > -race face system stem
    > -full xt drivetrain (older style) incl derail/shifters/cassette/chain rings
    > -avid v-brakes
    > -richey rizer bar
    > -bontrager rims w/ lx hubs

    That bicycle is very close in spec to my steel Kona Kilauea, also about
    a '97, with a Z.2 and XT drivetrain. I paid C$400 last year for it in
    serviceable shape (lots of paint chips) and requiring a fork seal
    change. I suspect your bike would be worth the same amount of money, but
    eBay always knows. (I bought the bike from Sports Junkies, the local
    used sporting goods consignor; they sell a lot of used bikes)

    --
    Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
    President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club