Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-20 pounds

Votes: 120 9.2%
  • 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
I have a custom made JADE bike. I sent in my measurements, told him the type of frame I want, told the color, the components, the decals, paint schemes (designs), everything was exactly how I wanted it. That is how they sell the JADE bikes. They have stock bikes, w/ stock colors as well.

The JADE CX-4 is the one that I got, and I got a green prism paint (which changes color in different light situations) and awesome components.

Great racing bike!!!

Anyone else w/ custom bikes????

Originally posted by DiGGLeR
I have a custom made JADE bike. I sent in my measurements, told him the type of frame I want, told the color, the components, the decals, paint schemes (designs), everything was exactly how I wanted it. That is how they sell the JADE bikes. They have stock bikes, w/ stock colors as well.

The JADE CX-4 is the one that I got, and I got a green prism paint (which changes color in different light situations) and awesome components.

Great racing bike!!!

Anyone else w/ custom bikes????

You got yourself a sweet bike. Always better to ride a bike that is meant for you and only you. Not just some stock bike hanging in shop shop.

The main difference between our bikes is that I went to the factory to get sized. You recieved a better factory paint job. Took my uncle at his bodyshop to correct this problem.
Also have a prism clearcoat over top of my purple.......

Memph

My roadbike, an old Simplex-equipped Peugeot tips the scales at 9,9kg and my commuter-bike a 10-speed Crescent is 18kg (has lots of stainless-steel equipment on it and a frame made from lead!?).

Trek 5900 self built is 15lbs (6.8K). If I put Zipp race wheels on it it would be 14.5lbs (6.5K)

Originally posted by leona
9 sp Dura-Ace

Have the old school STI 8-spd. If I get into accident, might not be able to locate parts. Having problems just locating hoods. Wanted to switch over to 9-spd, but shall save some more and wait til 10-spd is out.

Does anyone have Shimano's bike computer that tells you what gear you are in? If so how is it?

Memph

Raleigh R600 frame, the only origonal thing left from the stock bike, have replaced every thing with lightest available parts, including a SRP Ti bolt kit. Dura Ace BB, Ultegra group, aluminum cassett. Am waiting for a lite used frame I can afford. 18 lb.

My road bike is a 1999 Fuji Touring with a few changes (brooks conquest ATB saddle, dura ace stem and welgo cr-md clipless pedals) and with the factory rack weighs in at about 24 lbs.

For runs to the drug store and rec center, I use a trek 200 which weighs closer to 28 lbs.

Custom made CrMo Frame, Ultegra/105 Group Mix, XTR hubs + Rigida Rims, Look HSC Carbon Fork + Amoeba Stem, VP MODUS AHead.

-- 20 lbs

Trek SL Aluminum, 105 drivetrain, Acera group, Ultegra hubs + Columbus Rims, Al Rigid Fork + Tange Ahead + Specialized Stem..

-- 22lbs

GT allterra (1991), Shimano 300LX Group, Araya Rims........

-- 35lbs

Fort Zona frame. crossmax wheels, hope mini's, ultegra/xt, easton carbon stuff, speedplay frog pedals, kinesis maxlight fork, acc1 headset, grand prix tyres

20 lbs give or take

I bought a Trek 2300 58cm yesterday with Ultegra pedals that weighs 19lbs. according to my bathroom scale.

Originally posted by pcassedy
I bought a Trek 2300 58cm yesterday with Ultegra pedals that weighs 19lbs. according to my bathroom scale.

No way can you get an accurate measurement from a bathroom scale....

Memph

2K3 Allez Pro 18, with some tradeouts:

Ksyrium Elite >> Ksyrium SL SSC
Specialized bar & stem >> Easton EC90 bar and FSA stem
Dura-Ace crank >> FSA Team Pro crank
Specialized Body Geometry (?) seat >> San Marco era composite

With Patao carbon water bottle cages, about an ounce under 16 Lbs.

Originally posted by JimBallard
2K3 Allez Pro 18, with some tradeouts:

Ksyrium Elite >> Ksyrium SL SSC
Specialized bar & stem >> Easton EC90 bar and FSA stem
Dura-Ace crank >> FSA Team Pro crank
Specialized Body Geometry (?) seat >> San Marco era composite

With Patao carbon water bottle cages, about an ounce under 16 Lbs.

Do those waterbottle cages save that much weight? If so how much. You know what else saves weight? Filling bottles with air instead of fluid.... :)

Memph

my bikes, one a rather not so good apollo training machine, 14kg but my race bike a mianta carbon 8.2kg so it kinda averages out

7.2kg. Colnago C40 w/Record & Chorus and an assortment of Carbon and TI bits.

A