Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-20 pounds

Votes: 120 9.2%
  • 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
My Fuji Newest weighs 21 pounds with everything mounted, speedo, tools, and extras

It's not feather light but good enough for me to haul down the road!!

Paul

bcwildthing said:
Gruppo, that is interesting that the ti would have a superior ride than the carbon. What is it about the ride you prefer?...

Well, you pretty much nailed it with your descriptions. Responsiveness and feedback are the keys that sold me, and the differences were not subtle. One ride around the dealer's parking lot sold me on the Ti. I spent a good deal of time on it before committing the money, but that only reinforced my initial impression.

After buying the bike, I was really impressed the difference of the Ti ride on hills and during acceleration. The carbon always felt like I was having to make the bike go, but by contrast, when you step on the pedals of the Ti, the bike literally springs forward. On a hill, when you stand and put your weight into the pedal, the bike responds with an aggressiveness that is invigorating. On the flats when you want to sprint, you really feel like you are sprinting, not just working harder.

I may have mentioned that to me carbon feels like a luxury car and Ti feels like a sports car -- that is the best way I have found to describe it.

But caution is in order. Don't ride a Ti unless you are prepared to buy it.

Randal Lovelace said:
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

200 pounds....with me on it.

It's not the bike that's the problem (it weighs about 16 lbs.). It's the fat oaf riding it. Of course, if I ride it enough now that's it's arrived, maybe things will change. It's a Madone by the way.

widge234 said:
It's not the bike that's the problem (it weighs about 16 lbs.). It's the fat oaf riding it. Of course, if I ride it enough now that's it's arrived, maybe things will change. It's a Madone by the way.

Hey Widge, how do you support that Madone habit? :confused: For 2/3 as much money I got a bike I really like but it weighs at least 1 kg (2.2 lbs) more than the Madone.

gruppo said:
Well, you pretty much nailed it with your descriptions. Responsiveness and feedback are the keys that sold me, and the differences were not subtle. One ride around the dealer's parking lot sold me on the Ti. I spent a good deal of time on it before committing the money, but that only reinforced my initial impression.

After buying the bike, I was really impressed the difference of the Ti ride on hills and during acceleration. The carbon always felt like I was having to make the bike go, but by contrast, when you step on the pedals of the Ti, the bike literally springs forward. On a hill, when you stand and put your weight into the pedal, the bike responds with an aggressiveness that is invigorating. On the flats when you want to sprint, you really feel like you are sprinting, not just working harder.

I may have mentioned that to me carbon feels like a luxury car and Ti feels like a sports car -- that is the best way I have found to describe it.

But caution is in order. Don't ride a Ti unless you are prepared to buy it.

Interseting that you should say that. My brother went from a litespeed palmares to a giant TCR then to a Scott CR-1 Team. He felt that both carbon bikes had a better ride than the litespeed, and both carbons had much better responsiveness. I went from aluminum to carbon, (Soloist to R2.5) and the R2.5 feels more reponsive.

what kind of frame did you get?

The R2.5 weighs in at about 16.25 lbs. with SSC SL's and DA10.

Randal Lovelace said:
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?

I can pick my bike up with my middle or index finger (not sure baout the other ones, never tried). I seriously doubt my fingers are cableable of holding much more than a kilo on their own. You do the maths.

Cannondale Caad7 60cm with Ksyrium SL and 10sp Dura ace
8.2kg with pedals, pump and comp (about 7.7kg without)

My MTB that's pretty much set up for the road and light off-road weighs 24.5 lbs. I just had reason to weigh it after installing a Hollowtech II crankset and a set of 340 gm each tires.:)

SS

'99 Cannondale R300 = just under 20 LBS!!

and that's a triple! with aero bars & computer...

1992 Paramount OS (Waterford custom frame, not factory variant) 58cm, Easton EC90-SL legs, Bontrager Race X Lites, FSA CF crank, Dura Ace BB, Speedplay X/2s, Ritchey stem, Biomax bars, American Classsic alum. post, San Marco Era K butt cradle, Record 10spd, Mavic brakes, Cateye CD300DW, CK headset, Campy chain, Centaur cassette, Michelin Carbons...........19.5 lbs. Not bad for an older frame. Getting lighter would prolly require desparate measures and muy decreased reliability.

My newish 2004 giant TCR2 weighs in at just on 8.5 kg's or around 18.5lb on the old scale