Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-20 pounds

Votes: 120 9.2%
  • 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
Someone said in an earlier post: "Don't obsess about the bike, obsess over your weight to be lost from your body! "

My bike is 16.5 pounds, I'm 240 lbs, my ding dong alone weighs as much as a ham sandwich.

Originally posted by Memphmann

Rode 4-5 hours everyday on an empty stomach....

Memph

OMG.

I bonk on good days after 2 hours, so I typically try for a solid breakfast with snacks every hour or so.

You are not human but a machine =)

Originally posted by vlad
2004 Trek 8000 21-1/2" frame with rear luggage rack and airfree Unidirectional tires weighs 30 lb on my bathroom scale.

Airfree tires are made of polyurethane microfoam and cannot go flat or blowout.

What is the weight of your bike with pneumatic tires plus pump, extra folding tire, new tube, and tube repair kit?

To be honest, the whole tube repair kit probably weighs less than the tires that you have but the benefit that you gain with runflats is that you do not have to worry about losing time on the leaders nor getting stuck in the back due to flat tires. However, the odds of you winning a big race are pretty small because the extra 10 pounds that you're carrying on your bike compared to the modern bikes that are available may be difficult to overcome unless you are used to riding a 40 lb bike for training.

Thomas Davis

Originally posted by yamaha_mike
OMG.

I bonk on good days after 2 hours, so I typically try for a solid breakfast with snacks every hour or so.

You are not human but a machine =)

Thanx, but just had lots of fat to ride off. Found this worked for me. Should add that on my rides, I would drink bottle of water every 1/2 hour.

On my Sunday rides which involved a group or just me hunting. I would eat a healthy breakfast and take my bars with me.

Memph

If I was a machine, I would have no emotion & probably treat other cylists I encounter with mercy.... :)

Originally posted by Saeco'ligious
Someone said in an earlier post: "Don't obsess about the bike, obsess over your weight to be lost from your body! "

My bike is 16.5 pounds, I'm 240 lbs, my ding dong alone weighs as much as a ham sandwich.

Can a bike tht light handle that much weight? Feel sorry for it. Ding dong must look small under your belly?? :)

Memph

Can a bike tht light handle that much weight? Feel sorry for it. Ding dong must look small under your belly?? :)

Memph

6'3" 240. Belly, perhaps. But not too bad. Generally pretty evenly proportioned. Besides, my wife is hotter than anything you've ever even spoken to.

Bite me you little Canuck punk.

6'3" 240. Belly, perhaps. But not too bad. Generally pretty evenly proportioned. Besides, my wife is hotter than anything you've ever even spoken to.

Bite me you little Canuck punk.

My brother is your size & is FAT. I'm 6'2, 182lbs, almost 60lbs lighter.

Now we are going to debate who has a hotter wife/g-friend? Mine is 22, 5'4, 125lbs and all real. You could only dream about someone like her.

Memph

Now I also feel sorry for your wife. She has to be beneath you also...

Originally posted by Xeys
I wear my heart rate monitor when i ride. When I am done, I eat no more calories than I burned on the ride. If I don't ride that day, I eat only 1000 calories. I am taking a multivitamin, and I try to eat 1 can of tuna every day.

Yikes! That is quite a diet. I starting riding again in April 2003. At that time I was 15 lbs. (7kg) over my 'ideal' weight. I lost too much weight. I had to eat everything I could + protein shakes to add some bulk. Good luck with your diet. You body will thank you.

If you need to lose some weight, eat well, and ride a lot. 1 hour per day did the trick for me. I plan to up my riding time to 105-120 minutes 5-6 times a week. I hope this makes me uber strong. :)

Back on topic, my new bike (due to a motorist killing my old Trek) should be pretty light, not that it really matters. The frameset is an Interloc Scandium with full carbon fork. Campy Veloce components and a standard handbuilt wheelset. One fellow quoted the frame + fork + headset at 2.8 lbs(1300 grams), but that sounds awfully low, even for "Scandium" enhanced Al. I am bursting with anticipation. :)

Jurgen

If I was a machine, I would have no emotion & probably treat other cylists I encounter with mercy.... :)

it's the other way around.

since you are a machine you have no emotion, this is why you show no mercy to other cyclists! if you had emotions, you might feel some compassion/mercy.

;)

Originally posted by drewski
it's the other way around.

since you are a machine you have no emotion, this is why you show no mercy to other cyclists! if you had emotions, you might feel some compassion/mercy.

;)

I was correct in my statement. If I was a machine. Would probably be programmed to treat all cyclists with respect. Give a finally nod, say hello, ride away from them politely, give mercy. But since I'm not, I'm an ****. Yell at other cyclists, laugh at them when I see them stuggle to hang onto my wheel. Play with them. Either by letting my head fall, look exhausted and then explode. Spin in my 39, keep up as they are in 52. Just build my ever growing ego with shattered feelings.....

This worked for me years ago.....

Memph

My brother is your size & is FAT. I'm 6'2, 182lbs, almost 60lbs lighter.

Now we are going to debate who has a hotter wife/g-friend? Mine is 22, 5'4, 125lbs and all real. You could only dream about someone like her.

Memph

Now I also feel sorry for your wife. She has to be beneath you also...

seriously man. I saw your old lady on your lame ass 'Chrysler' web site.

http://interactive-1.rogers.com/Memphmann/OSOLOUD/

She looks like a guy. Seriously. A 22 year-old guy.

seriously man. I saw your old lady on your lame ass 'Chrysler' web site.

http://interactive-1.rogers.com/Memphmann/OSOLOUD/

She looks like a guy. Seriously. A 22 year-old guy.

Not only are you fat, but also dumb. That was a friend of a group of us who were camping years ago.

If 22 is old (as in old lady). What is young to you? Are you competing with Mike Jackson for the young boys?? Guess if you wear a red suit, you could trick them by pretending to be Santa....

Memph

Come on, 240 lbs, you'll problably use this bicycle for fun, with that weight you'll probably will be drop off after 2 km of racing. If you ever stay with the pack then you wheel will fall off or bend.

Originally posted by Andy Lamarre
Come on, 240 lbs, you'll problably use this bicycle for fun, with that weight you'll probably will be drop off after 2 km of racing. If you ever stay with the pack then you wheel will fall off or bend.
Hello from Tennessee. Are you skiing yet? I believe we may start making snow next week.Makes it harder cycling but you take the good with the bad.

Skied last week on Saturday, 23th Oct., but had to climb by foot. Sunday did 60 km on my bicycle, beautifull 10C day. The ski center should be open by the 29th Oct. but it is + 4 in Montreal today. Doing lot spinning on my garage, hoping to keep the wieght down.

Skied last week on Saturday, 23th Oct., but had to climb by foot. Sunday did 60 km on my bicycle, beautifull 10C day. The ski center should be open by the 29th Oct. but it is + 4 in Montreal today. Doing lot spinning on my garage, hoping to keep the wieght down.

Good deal! I did 32 km Saturday had a flat got mad due the trash on the road . Sunday was great about 50 km all mountainous terrain. I am also on the trainer during the week mainly due to lack of daylight. Beautiful last weekend but getting colder now. You know we have to make most our snow here.
Think snow and good cycling to you.

Over here in TO, on Sunday. We (a group of 12), did a fast 112km ride. Most of us should of been on trainers, but weather still good.

My earlier morning rides are shorter, so ride inside at night....

Sorry to say, hope it never snows...

Memph

I've got a Merlin Echo, spinery wheels, white industries B/B, use seat pin, flight etc. Bike comes in about 22lbs (ish)

Over here in TO, on Sunday. We (a group of 12), did a fast 112km ride. Most of us should of been on trainers, but weather still good.

My earlier morning rides are shorter, so ride inside at night....

Sorry to say, hope it never snows...

Memph
Memph
Nice to find you again beating the brows of the innocent and the naive. How's the winter been treating you? Central France has been delightful and now sloppy but not cold California is reasing with the possibility of 5 months of rain. Hate that#*! but there's not much to do about it.
I'd love to fly by your custom 18 pounder on my 18 pounder (that's with one full bottle) but it'd be a rare day for that.
Take care and stay warm.

Originally posted by chow
Memph
Nice to find you again beating the brows of the innocent and the naive. How's the winter been treating you? Central France has been delightful and now sloppy but not cold California is reasing with the possibility of 5 months of rain. Hate that#*! but there's not much to do about it.
I'd love to fly by your custom 18 pounder on my 18 pounder (that's with one full bottle) but it'd be a rare day for that.
Take care and stay warm.

How am I suppose to stay warm during winter in Canada in my igloo???

Memph