How much does your MTB weigh

forrest brown

Oct 4, 2004
I have a 1500$ 1998 full suspention mountain bike and I have gotten it down to
27 pounds from thirty,Not much but thats about all I can do.Ive heard that the
newer bikes are alot lighter I would realy like to know.I need all the advantages
I can get.It seems to be alot easyer than getting it off my ass.
Thanks
Brownie

If you have money to burn then you could probably lose a few more pounds with a lighter bike but in the end you won't notice the difference on the trail much unless you are pretty fit and you swap between the two bikes regularly.

For example i ride a 37lb freeride monster for all my rides and a steep hill hurts the same as if i was on a lighter bike, i just take a little longer to hit the top (and have twice as much fun on the way back down)

i weighed mine wiht some digital scales and i got 11.05kg which is 24.4 lbs :D but i hate my diamondback, im sick of it.. cant wait till i can afford the XtC which will probly be a bit heavier but meh...

I'm waiting on a 2005 Kona Blast - 18 inch. According to the tech guy, it should weigh in at around 30 lbs.

Weighed myself at a courier depot when I went to collect a few things, then weighed myself & my bike & it weighed just over 10kg so between 22 & 23lbs.
Theres a picture or 3 of my bike here if you want a look.

jaz said:
Weighed myself at a courier depot when I went to collect a few things, then weighed myself & my bike & it weighed just over 10kg so between 22 & 23lbs.
Theres a picture or 3 of my bike here if you want a look.
Jaz, you are running 1.8 Fire XC Pro. How are they from your personal expression? With the dirt and rock trails, not sure if I want to move down to that small. I'm currently running 2.1 Fire XC Pro F&R.

My Titus RX (medium) is running at 26.7 lbs. I'm a big guy at 250lbs, so there are few things that I have opted to not change out to save weight. Otherwise, I should be able to easily bring it down to low 25lbs.

my advice, just make sure the weight your being told is correcet... I wound up racing on an '02 (I think) Giant Iguana disk-Hardtail, at 30+ pounds (hardtail if you missed it the first time:mad: ) all this past year. So yeah... make sure the weight is right.

sungchang said:
Jaz, you are running 1.8 Fire XC Pro. How are they from your personal expression? With the dirt and rock trails, not sure if I want to move down to that small. I'm currently running 2.1 Fire XC Pro F&R.

There not too bad really, I've only ran them in the dry over the summer & I dont think they will work as well as a fatter tyre in the wet but on the road & dusty dry trails there fine.