How much float does everyone like?

rudycyclist

Mar 14, 2006
I own Shimano pedals and am switching from 13 degrees of float to 0 degrees of float. I am just trying a few different things out. I have will have tried just about every amount of float after I get these 0 float cleats. I was just curious as to what everyone else likes/prefers.

zero fo me. after years of mostly red delta cleat use i went back to exclusively black cleats, they wear longer, are more secure for sprints, and you still get a bit of float from the release mechanism even though i keep min a5.1's dialed to max tension.

the key is having them dialed in to a position that is as neutral as possible and fits your adaptation factors. i also use lemond le wedge, just one shim to even out the crankin'.

rudycyclist said:
I own Shimano pedals and am switching from 13 degrees of float to 0 degrees of float. I am just trying a few different things out. I have will have tried just about every amount of float after I get these 0 float cleats. I was just curious as to what everyone else likes/prefers.

rudycyclist said:

Love speedplay unlimited float, but can live with the 6 degree that come with most SPD type pedals, so I am now using crank brothers on all of my bikes so I can ride any of my bikes with any of my shoes.