How much I hate Lance Trolls....

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by funknuggets, Jan 15, 2004.

1. funknuggets

funknuggets New Member

Now let me preface this with the fact that I like Lance and what he has done for cycling in the US, which can be viewed as good or bad. Whichever way, he has brought cycling to the mainstream in the US which has done a great deal. I say this as many US teams went under this year, or had major sponsors pull out... but I digress.

I just think that Lance has become too central to the average joe rider's concept of cycling. He does not espouse the same work ethic of most of the riders mentioned in the "who is the greatest" polls, yet people (mostly Americans) seem to grip onto this guy like it is a freaking personal attack.

I despise the "Lance won't win" or "Ullrich will win" or the incessant polls. They are nothing but flame bait... everyone has their stinking opinions and I guess it makes interesting debate, but after a while, it just gets too freaking redundant. We have been having this same freaking debate for 4 years now and look... despite everyones predictions of his impending loss, he has done nothing but prove everyone wrong.... or right for those Lanceophyles.

Once again, I have mad respect for the Texan's uncanny resolve, drive, and talent on the bike... and I would honestly like to see him win and will be cheering for him... because he is a marked man.. and that makes him an underdog in my eyes.

I just am amazed at the fact that people feel the freaking need to put some kind of grandiose statement out there like "Lance wont win" just to get a boatload of people to respond... that makes them a freaking troll and I am tired tired tired.

Can he win, yes. Will he win, maybe, can someone else win, yes... are there stronger teams... maybe.... but all things aside no one KNOWS anything and despite the fact that you make some grandiose claim that "LANCE WONT WIN" and he either does or doesn't make us readers think you prophetic should he lose. We will not think back and say... "you know what... that one guy said lance would lose... man he must really know what he is talking about." You know what I think you are talking out of....

Nonetheless. I am good guy that is generally in a good mood, but save this relentless, redundant banter for your freaking cycling buddies. Then, just for fun... bring it up on the next ride... then... bring it up on the next ride and you know what... they are gonna get sick and tired of talking about it....

That is where I think I have gotten.... maybe I speak for the masses, maybe not.... but I put $5 on the fact that this damn subject comes up again in the next week. Anyway... post away troll away... but, man... Just say no to the Lance Trolls and Polls

Tags:

2. jmcmillanut

jmcmillanut New Member

Agreed. I think Lance's accomplishments are spectacular, but there are some guys I ride w/ at work that have practically diefied him. There's this one guy (he owns a CF Trek 5200) that annoys the hell out of me by saying, "I can't ride like Lance, but I can buy like Lance." Swagger, swagger, smirk, smirk, you're so GD clever, and I'll kick your ass on my Orbea.

I have my favorites for the TdF (not Lance), but I'm not going to spend the next 6 months debating over it.