How much is Cannondale R600 CAAD5 Road Bike worth?

dcshoeco024

Jun 14, 2010
Here is the description of the bike:

This is a 2004 Cannondale R600 CAAD5. Handmade in USA. Aluminum Frame. Carbon Forks. Wellgo WPD-95B Pedals (shoes free if wanted). Gipiemme Wheels. Michelin Tires. Dimension Road Bars. Shimano105 FlightDeck Shifters. Frame Size 56cm.

The seller is asking $550. I am completely new to all of this and this would be my first purchase. I was wondering if that is a good price or what this bike is worth? Thanks

If it is in real good condition and you need a 56 cm bike I think it is worth that. If I recall that bike sold for around $1100.00 or in that range.

jhuskey said:
If it is in real good condition and you need a 56 cm bike I think it is worth that. If I recall that bike sold for around $1100.00 or in that range.

Im not really sure what size bike I need, I mean I have read online and stuff and found some charts but thats it. My inseem is about 31" and im 5' 11". It's showing 58cm frame for 5' 11" so idk. If you have any input that would be great. Thanks for the help.

dcshoeco024 said:
Im not really sure what size bike I need, I mean I have read online and stuff and found some charts but thats it. My inseem is about 31" and im 5' 11". It's showing 58cm frame for 5' 11" so idk. If you have any input that would be great. Thanks for the help.

I'm 5' 11" and I ride a 56cm and its really almost too big for me. But my friend is 5' 11" as well and the 56cm is almost too small for him. The various charts and measurements you can take can help for specific differences in frames, but you should probably get a rough idea first. I recommend heading over to a local shop, try some bikes out, see what size they say you are. Would also be a good time to ask any questions you have and learn from what they say.

I'd give the bike a ride noting more what the reach from the saddle to the bars feels like and the relative position of you to the bars and the front wheel. As long as the frame size is in the right ballpark within a cm or two then seat adjustment is easy as is stem/bar height but if you start having to go with whacked out stems to correct an ill sized top tube, weight distribution gets shot to sh1t and the bike will never ride as comfortably as it was engineered too. Cornering will become more of an exercise in enhanced excitement and unpredictability.

I ride a Cannondale and have an inseam of ~34" and I have a 58cm frame.

I'm not sure if the same steerer tube/star nut (or lack thereof) design applies to the CAAD5's but not having free reign to move the stem up and down the steerer tube on the forks that came with the Hi-Mod is a pain in the a$s. A strict "no spacers over the top of the stem" rule is spelled out in no uncertain terms.

dcshoeco024 said:
My inseam is about 31" and im 5' 11". It's showing 58cm frame for 5' 11" so idk. If you have any input that would be great. Thanks for the help.
With a 31-inch inseam you're most likely looking at a 53 or 54 cm, I ride a 54 cm with a roughly 31.5 inch inseam.

As stated people vary in physical makeup. I always recommend going to a shop and test riding. When you determine what you need write down the size including top tube, stem length etc.
You can then make a purchase knowing what you are looking for.