How Much Is Enough

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by SCOOBA STEVE, Aug 12, 2003.

1. SCOOBA STEVE

SCOOBA STEVE New Member

I HAVE BEEN RIDING FOR 10 YEARS NOW, BUT THIS HAS BEEN MY FIRST YEAR ROAD RACING. OUR WEEKLY RACES ARE GRADED SCRATCH RACES OVER A VERY HILLY 10km ROAD CIRCUIT FOR 5 LAPS. I STARTED IN E GRADE AND LAST WEEK GOT 2nd IN THE CLUB CHAMP/SHIP, AND WAS INFORMED THAT I WILL NOW BE AN "A" GRADER. ANYWAY MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    1- HOW MUCH TRAINING IS ENOUGH? IN WINTER I DO ABOUT 250km's TO 300km's PER WEEK INCLUDING RACING. AND A FEW MORE IN SUMMER. ALL TRAINING IS DONE BY MYSELF AS I DON'T HAVE THE TIME FOR SOCIAL RIDING. IT'S CLEAR THAT I MUST BE DOING OK AS I AM SOON TO BE IN A GRADE.

SO WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE DO?
    SHORT DISTANCES AT MAX H/R?
    OR LONG RIDES AT LOWER H/R?

Tags:

2. 2LAP

2LAP New Member

Have you considered getting a coach? It sounds like a coach would do you good!!!

3. zakeen

zakeen New Member

E to A grade!!! thats a big jump!

enough for you is different to me and different to another! well all can do more then what is enough at present but you must build on this! Dont jump to high to quickly!

Little test I do sometimes is the next day if you feel sore walking up stairs! then you have done enough! However if that was your goal then it is a different story!

good luck and congrates on 2nd!

oh and training by yourself is better! you wont draft off anyone!