...How Much is Gas in your Area...? ? ?

One time on Usenet, "fifty five" <[email protected]> said:

> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.

I don't mind the price of gas, it's the added taxes that
hurt.

> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

It just bounced back up to $2.01 for the cheap stuff.

> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Nope. We've got a couple of camping trips planned for the summer
but they're in-state. That's pretty normal though -- both of our
families live either here in WA or on East coast, so we either take
a short drive or fly, as the case may be. Which is fine because I
don't like long car trips...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is

85 cents per litre in Vancouver, B.C. Canada Canadian cents that is.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:59:26 -0600, "FireAndIce"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>>
>> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>>
>> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?
>>

>$1.79 reg unleaded in north Alabama.

Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
so great) words of knowledge:

> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

In NE Connecticut regular is between $1.99 and $2.11 a gallon. Soon to
go up about $.04 a gallon due to increased state tax.

The wife and I still plan to go to Myrtle Beach this year. My Chrysler
van gets about 25 on the road so it shouldn't be too bad. The gas down
in that area should be a little better.

>Be that as it may, if you drive a long distance to work, it takes a big bite
>out of the budget. I paid 1.99/gal tonight here in Phoenix, probably the
>lowest price in the area. I've seen many stations at 2.09 and above.

well then don't do it. from all of the reports I see there is no real long term
benefit. it just increases stress costs a lot causes Americans to be lazy and
increases pollution.
myself I commute on my bike 20 miles a day 5 days a week rain or shine.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:15:04 -0800, fifty five <[email protected]> wrote:
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

In Victoria, B.C. western Canada I pay 59.9 cents per litre for vehicle
propane.

> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Yes. Hi Ho, Hi Ho. It's off to work I go... And maybe Saskatchewan...

On Topic to appease r.f.c police:

Anybody have any experience/recommendations for cooking manicotti stuffed
with spinach, feta, tofu and seansonings on the exhaust manifolds of a
Ford 351 Windsor (I think) running on propane?

Any recommendations as to what the seasonings for the above project
should be?

Thanks,

--
David Chapman | "tar is not a plaything"
[email protected] | [email protected]

Too mukkin' futch!

We're going to look back fondly at last year's $2.35/9

About $7.50 for a chicken burrito and nachos with jalapenos at Benny's
Burritos.
(NYC. What's a car?)

"fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

I paid $1.99 last night for 93 octane premium. Won't hinder my driving until
it rises above $3.50 or so....gas is still cheaper than it was 20-30 years
ago (when taking in to account inflation).

"fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Just an FYI, gas is only $.17 (yes, 17 cents) in Venezuela...at least
according to the wire services a couple of weeks ago.

OHHH! I love Benny's Burritos. When I lived in NYC, I ate there at least
once a week. Good margaritas too!

"doomella" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> About $7.50 for a chicken burrito and nachos with jalapenos at Benny's
> Burritos.
> (NYC. What's a car?)

"charliekilo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
> >
> > So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
> >
> > Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

> I paid $1.99 last night for 93 octane premium. Won't hinder my driving

until
> it rises above $3.50 or so....gas is still cheaper than it was 20-30

years
> ago (when taking in to account inflation).

Exactly.

Kris

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:34:28 -0500, "Laddy"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"fifty five" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>>
>> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>>
>> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?
>>

>193.9 in Port Charlotte, FL.

Get used to it. Demand from rapidly industrializing China
and India is only going to grow stronger.
-Rich

fifty five wrote:

> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>
> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Gas is free if you know how to siphon.
But don't get caught.

>>> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???
>>
>>$1.86 last night for unleaded... near work it's $1.95 which is Tampa.

> You *****.

Bigolhomo... you love me! Besides, it's up to $1.98 now; which means it's
about $2.04 near work. :p

--
~*~ Keeper of Monica Bellucci ~*~

> Gas is free if you know how to siphon.
> But don't get caught.

Yeah, but that nasty aftertaste... there's not enough Juicy Fruit to make
that taste go away.

--
~*~ Keeper of Monica Bellucci ~*~

Bob Westcott wrote:
> In Calgary - 85.9 c/litre in CDN $ = $3.24CDN/US gallon = $2.41

USD/gallon

> Not as bad as I thought in comparison to some of the US prices I see

quoted.

> I have been delibertly using the vehicle with the better gas mileage

all
> winter, no point in wasting gas.
>
> Bob

$3.08 US a gallon when you work the conversion. (18.5 L/dollar) It's 57
Lempira a gallon in Honduras. Makes me glad I don't own a car.

Sandi

Rich wrote:

> here in Maryland, I paid $2.11 this afternoon for a fill up.

You must have a very small tank. >;-)

--
Tukla, Eater of Theists, Squeaker of Chew Toys
Official Mascot of Alt.Atheism, aa 1347

fifty five wrote:

> Oil hit $55 per barrel and is only expected to go higher.
>
> So how much are you paying at the gas pump???

Ames, IA: $1.99/gal for ethanol unleaded, $2.04/gal for regular unleaded.

It's a few cents higher in Des Moines, from what I've seen on the news.

> Will you be driving anywhere this spring or summer?

Seven-hour trip to my parents' place for Easter. Possibly another trip
there in summer, unless they come here (unlikely since they have a Durango).