Bike buying advice · Public discussion

How much is my bike worth?

Started by tronbrath · · Last activity · 2 posts · 966 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
24 July 2010
Last activity
24 July 2010
Original author
tronbrath
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
966
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This would be more like selling advice, but I figured this might be a good place to post. I have a somewhat unique bike, with a mish-mash of parts (wrecked a bike - 2008 lemond sarthe, and salvaged most of the parts), so I have no true basis for comparison on price with any other bike.

    Here are the specs, I plan on just selling to locally on craigslist, but I'd like to know what everyone thinks would be a fair asking price.

    Specs:
    Frame: Serotta Colorado AL - Aluminum w/ titanium drop-outs and Serotta F1 carbon fork (approx 10 yrs old, but in good shape)
    Front Wheel - Bontrager Race
    Rear Wheel - Mavic open pro rims laced to Shimano Ultegra hubs
    Headset – Shimano Dura Ace 1” Threaded
    Brakeset - Shimano 105 Dual Pivot brakes
    Shift Levers - Shimano Ultegra STI
    Front Derailleur - Shimano 105
    Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra
    Crankset - Shimano 105, 39/53 teeth
    Rear Cog – Shimano 105 10-speed, 12 - 25 teeth
    Seatpost - Bontrager Carbon
    Saddle - Bontrager Race w/Hollow cromoly rails
    Handlebar - Bontrager Race VR OS
    Stem - Bontrager Race OS

    Condition is good, but not fantastic - a little scratched up

    Photos for reference - Flickr: jonbarthrideshisbicycle's Photostream

  2. FWIW. Despite the 10-speed '105' components, by my reckoning, most of the value is in the frame ... so, maybe $700 ... maybe more ...

    Maybe less!?!

    Presuming the frame fits you, I think that you are better off getting a new front wheel (mostly for cosmetic reasons) & riding the bike, yourself.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.