How much is my Club Fuji worth?

Jevin Kennedy

Sep 24, 2011
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum but i hope to use it a lot more in the future /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Anyways, I have this 1985 Club Fuji Road bike and I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would go for if I were to sell it. Reason I am selling it is because I want to get a newer road bike. It is still in really good condition just some scratches. Here's a link to the bike from the Fuji catalog http://classicfuji.com/ClubFuji_1985_Page.htm and i attached a pic of my exact bike. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7348.JPG
    IMG_7348.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 142
Originally Posted by Jevin Kennedy .

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum but i hope to use it a lot more in the future /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Anyways, I have this 1985 Club Fuji Road bike and I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would go for if I were to sell it. Reason I am selling it is because I want to get a newer road bike. It is still in really good condition just some scratches. Here's a link to the bike from the Fuji catalog http://classicfuji.com/ClubFuji_1985_Page.htm and i attached a pic of my exact bike. Thanks!
Great bike! I have an 84 Club, but mine came with the Suntour ARX derailleurs from the factory, you have the better Cyclone. I bought mine for $100 about 6 months ago in mint condition, the guy bought it in 85 as a closeout and the dealer told him the bike fit him fine but he couldn't get comfortable on it and hated it, so after riding it for 5 miles decided cycling wasn't for him and stored it in his attic all those years! The bike was about 1 inch too big for him, the sales person ripped him off to get the bike off the floor.

Anyway last month I saw one Louisville KY in a bike store for sale for $650; here's the site: http://www.vicsclassicbikes.com/?q=content/fuji-club It's been at that price for quite some time, I don't think he can get that much for it but you never know; I've been keeping an eye on it to see if it gets sold. I'm not going sell mine though because it fits perfectly and I like the way it rides, though I may swap derailleurs to the Cyclone Mark II's like yours.

Attachments

• IMG_7348.JPG
    IMG_7348.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 133
Thank you for your response! Nice price on your '84..i also got mine for around the same price ($110). After doing a little more research I've made the decision to keep the bike. Didn't realize how nice the bike actually is (not to mention how hard it is to come by). Going to put some money into getting it fixed up /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif Once again, I appreciate your input

That Fuji Valite Quad butted frame was the second best frame put out by any Japanese manufacture, the best was the Miyata Splined triple butted frame which I have a 87 Team and an 88 712 with that tubeset. The Miyata's are stiffer and feels like it just wants to go, but the Fuji is definitely close. Either of those frames are more race type frames then the 84 Trek 660 was with the Reynolds 531cs tubing that I actually raced with, but on long rides the Trek is a tad more comfortable then the other 2...but I haven't taken the Fuji yet on anything over 30 miles so I can't rate it yet for 100 mile comfort, but knowing that it feels stiffer then the Trek "probably" means the comfort will be in between the Miyata and the Trek on 100 mile rides.

One odd side note. With my (and yours) bike the catalog says it weighs 23 pounds with no indication what size frame that represents, mine is a 55cm frame, it weighs at 20.8 pounds without anything attached including water bottle cage not attached. Do me a favor, weigh yours and tell me what you come up with if you get the chance. I weighed my on my scale several times, by itself and then with me holding it then subtracting my body weight, but when the discrepancy came up I took it to an LBS in town and they weighed it at 20.9 pounds. Just curious what yours comes in at. Yours could weigh a tad less because the Cyclone was a tad lighter then the ARX components. Thanks.

Hello,
Just purchased a Club Fuji today. An old retired guy sells used bikes out of his back yard. I traded in an 1983 Raliegh that I purchased from him last year. After careful research and measurements, I need a frame size of about 53cm. The Raliegh was 60cm.
So I'm in for about $110.00 for the 1984 Fuji (has the ARX derailler). I spent about 2 hours adjusting it for my size, added rat cages, and degreased the chain and cassetts (I use the wax lube). I removed the kick-stand and it weighs in at 24lbs. 1 lb lighter than my Shogun Selectra. Rides Okay. Need to change the heavy tread road tires to thinner racing tires. The shifting is finicky. Otherwise, a great secondary bike.

These old bikes remind me of my thirties. When I was thirty years old all the girls I had hoped to date in High School had married and divorced... and were available to date.... again. I have an old 1974 lugged steel Raleigh 12spd, I keep as a back-up. And I am thinking of adding an old 60's Schwinn Varsity (like I once owned) to my collection. These are awesome bicycles that still ride great and if not damaged should never be worth less.

Originally Posted by Johnnyplannet .

Hello,
Just purchased a Club Fuji today. An old retired guy sells used bikes out of his back yard. I traded in an 1983 Raliegh that I purchased from him last year. After careful research and measurements, I need a frame size of about 53cm. The Raliegh was 60cm.
So I'm in for about $110.00 for the 1984 Fuji (has the ARX derailler). I spent about 2 hours adjusting it for my size, added rat cages, and degreased the chain and cassetts (I use the wax lube). I removed the kick-stand and it weighs in at 24lbs. 1 lb lighter than my Shogun Selectra. Rides Okay. Need to change the heavy tread road tires to thinner racing tires. The shifting is finicky. Otherwise, a great secondary bike.

I have a 84 Fuji Club that I bought last spring for $100; it would have been in brand new condition because it only had 5 miles on the bike, but he didn't store it well and in the process has some minor scratches on the paint, otherwise it's a great bike that is in excellent condition. Yours sounds like an 84 because it was the only year that came with the ARX, I bet it's painted red with yellow decals.

The ARX derailleur was not Suntour's shining example of what their systems were noted for. When I first got the bike the derailleur did not shift as fast or sure as my Superbe Tech components on one of my road race bikes, or my Mountech on my touring rig. I did relube and oil the moving parts on everything prior to riding it but it didn't shift well...until it broke in which I didn't think about since it only had 5 miles on it. Now that it's broken in it shifts far better but still not up to snuff as the other Suntour stuff I have.

The Fuji quad butted frame is probably one of the best frames out of Japan, but it's difficult to make a statement like that because Japan had several great frame manufactures, including Ishawata and who I think was the absolute best frame in the world at the time - Miyata's triple butted splined tubing, of which I own 2 samples.

I'm a bit surprise by your weight estimates of 24 pounds for a 53, I have a 58, and I weighed mine several times on a digital bathroom scale, not exactly the most accurate way, but I weighed it twice by itself and twice with me holding the bike and every time it came out to 20.8 pounds, which makes it the lightest steel bike I own. The catalog says it weighs 23.

Here is a catalog of the 84 which I'm positive that's the one you have: http://classicfuji.com/1984_10_ClubFuji_Page.htm

I did find a place in Louisville KY that was trying to sell a Fuji Club for $650 and I know mine is in better shape, but I also don't believe that those bikes are worth $650 either! Probably closer to $350 depending on condition but that price I gave would be for one in excellent condition or better. See: http://www.vicsclassicbikes.com/?q=content/fuji-club This bike has been for sale for over a year so others must also think it's not worth the $650 either. That bike is a 85 which did come out with the better Suntour Cyclone components then ours with the ARX stuff, but that still doesn't make it worth $650 in my opinion.

You got a great bike at a great price. I hope you enjoy it.

I have one of these 1985 FUJI CLUB bikes. And your link you have in your forum page. I have to ask where can I find that info page? I am redoing my FUJI CLUB & the info on your link would be helpful. I tried copying the page & even tried printing it. But it would not do either. Can you help me?
As far as the value on your bike. I've come across only 2 for sale. The price on one was $699.00 + 85.00 shipping. The other was $800.00 + 105.00 shipping.