How much money have you spent on cycling?

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Nice. Build your own bike projects are pretty cool.
Thanks! I haven't picked up a complete bike in decades. You must be itching to get out on the road after the recent haitus. Has the Roubaix arrived yet?

danfoz said:
I hope Santa was nice to everyone yesterday. This wouldn't fit through the chimney so he's sending it by UPS... It's certainly gonna cure my horizontal top tube envy :big-smile:
Nice.

Originally Posted by danfoz

I hope Santa was nice to everyone yesterday.

This wouldn't fit through the chimney so he's sending it by UPS...
Looks good! Nice color too!
smile.png

Super Sex! Very nice, Dan!

You know what you must do...the Full Campy!

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Super Sex! Very nice, Dan!

You know what you must do...the Full Campy!
Thanks. She's gonna get the Athena11 group from the Cinelli (which I'm gonna unload to cover a new seatpost, FD, and next seasons race license). With Record hubs rolling some Belgian C2's we will be running full Campy! Or Campag as some of you coconuts like to put it :p

I average $10,000 U.S. every year. This is bikes, parts and entry fees . Pretty small investment for the health and just good time benefit.

Quoted from Dan somewhere in the fleeting electrons of da intarwebz:
"we will be running full Campy!"

Your friends will now consider you a god, cycling among mere mortals!

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

I estimate I have spent about $11,000.00 US.

So, what is everyone spending?
More than that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy .

I don't begrudge myself this one bit, it is an investment in health and happiness.

Exactly! :)

It adds up quickly. Short period of time if you are paying attention and spending that much you should pay attention. Lol, I couldn't put a number on it exactly but I'm thinking it's less than that. I have another hobby that I've easily spent that over the years. It's maybe only the past 15 years that I've been keeping track of all my spending.

The bike I am using is a birthday gift from my family so there is practically nothing that I invested on my bike. The clothes and the shoes those I already have even before I had my bike. I pretty much use the same work out clothes I use for other sports.

I don't think I have spent that much on my bike and equipment, really.

I bought my bike on sale for around 150 or 180, and adding on the lights and drinks bottle holder, I'd say near enough £200?

I would estimate $850 for a used bike and $300-400 for accessories/apparel.Roughly 1200

To be honest, I don't think I've actually spent a great deal on cycling, other than the initial cost of the bike. I was giving the cycling clothes for my birthday from a friend who was trying to get me into the sport, as they said that it was something that I would enjoy - which I now agree with, of course. So I didn't have to pay anything at all for that. I cycle all around my home town and surrounding countryside, which is free. So to be honest, I know that a lot of people say that the spend huge amounts of money on their cycling, but this just isn't something that I have found to be a problem at all in my own experience.