how much peanut butter is too much?!

refinnej said:
that sandwich sounds like a true mess! it may taste good though i've never tried it. um,:) where did you get the recipe from?
That sandwich is the food of the Gods. The peanut butter / Marmite / Vegemite deal came when I was sailing a boat up the West Coast of Australia and ran low on food supplies. The other bits came when I was working in Papua New Guinea and got a little bored. Last night I tried one with creamed horseradish and wasabi in it - it was good.

EoinC said:
Since we're firing up an online cooking show, here's a personal favourite:

Take 2 slabs of bread.... yada yada yada Peanut butter & Marmite/Vegemite.....
I was REALLY skeptical of this, but I tried it tonight and it's actually pretty bloody good! :)

Peka said:
I was REALLY skeptical of this, but I tried it tonight and it's actually pretty bloody good! :)
Just like alcohol, it's all about the right measure (goes well with alcohol, too). Fortune favours the brave.

refinnej said:
I see. very interesting. what do you usually prefer to drink with it?
Warm Weather = India Pale Ale. Cold Weather = Black & Tan. Alternative = Anything with alcohol in it. Think along the lines of what you would drink when eating satay.

Peka said:
Peka, play around with the spicy additives and you'll achieve peanut butter Nirvana. They add a whole new dimension to the background flavours.

EoinC said:
Peka, play around with the spicy additives and you'll achieve peanut butter Nirvana. They add a whole new dimension to the background flavours.
I will, I love spicy stuff :D