How much should I offer for a mint 2012 Felt F2 DuraAce bike with 1500km

ebenze

Apr 1, 2014
Hi, I've been cycling for about a year now, mostly commuting and short rides (30-40km) on a Giant Escape 0 hybrid. For my needs up until now, it has performed flawlessly, but I'm at the point where I want to start doing longer rides and races/etc. So I'm starting to look around for a road bike. It just so happens that someone I know is trying to sell a 2012 Felt F2 DuraAce in pretty mint condition with about 1500km ridden on it. He bought it last year at the start of the season, so it only has about 1 season of riding on it. It's too big for him, so he is trying to sell it. I know what it was worth new, and know what the 2014 F2 is worth, and the components it has on it, but I am having trouble judging how much the 2012 F2 is worth. My gut tells me it should be around 2000-2500, but he is asking 3500. For less than that I know I can get an brand new 2013 Argon 18 Galium with Ultegra Di2. I realize that the Galium is a slightly lower class than the F2, but I was hoping some more experienced people could give me some feedback as to what you think/expect the bike is worth today. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum; I wasn't sure where to ask this question. Please let me know if I should move it somewhere else. Thanks! Eric

FWIW. Well, 'I' don't know what the particular bike cost, new ...

But, because it is a actually TWO YEARS OLD (in bike years based on now being 2014 ... in 4 months, 2014 will be OLD stock!!!), I would not pay more than ~60% of the MSRP ...

SUBTRACT a couple of hundred if you don't like the particular wheelset ...

I'm thinking the 2012 FELT F2 in question is currently worth LESS THAN $2000, BTW, because bikes & bike components depreciate like Christmas trees on December 26th.