How much urine?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like for
    instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces or
    mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    asking.

    Tags:

  2. David Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    David wrote:
    > I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like for
    > instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces or
    > mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    > asking.

    In my experience (and considering my profession, I have a lot of pee of
    different people types experience), adolescent males...mid to late
    teens...have the greatest bladder capacity (not exactly an accurate
    term), with voids in the 800-900 cc range, a few times a day.

    Bladder capacity is a misnomer. What affects void volumes has more to
    do with ability to hold it, with us old farts with increasing prostate
    size having less abilty to hold it. The bladder has an amazing ability
    to stretch if done so over time. For example, I had a patient as a
    paramedic...old guy whose belly looked like he was pregnant...had been
    peeing a little less, a little less often, for months...drained 3
    liters of unine from his bladder.

    So, take 800-900 cc per void, 2-3 times a day, as normal maximum, and
    decrease the amount and increase the frequency, with age.

    David
    etiquette-challenged stranger

  3. David

    David Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > David wrote:
    > > I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like

    for
    > > instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces

    or
    > > mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    > > asking.

    > In my experience (and considering my profession, I have a lot of pee of
    > different people types experience), adolescent males...mid to late
    > teens...have the greatest bladder capacity (not exactly an accurate
    > term), with voids in the 800-900 cc range, a few times a day.
    >
    > Bladder capacity is a misnomer. What affects void volumes has more to
    > do with ability to hold it, with us old farts with increasing prostate
    > size having less abilty to hold it. The bladder has an amazing ability
    > to stretch if done so over time. For example, I had a patient as a
    > paramedic...old guy whose belly looked like he was pregnant...had been
    > peeing a little less, a little less often, for months...drained 3
    > liters of unine from his bladder.
    >
    > So, take 800-900 cc per void, 2-3 times a day, as normal maximum, and
    > decrease the amount and increase the frequency, with age.
    >
    > David
    > etiquette-challenged stranger

    Thanks - I'm doing less than half of that - doc says I must have an
    irritable bladder - can;t find any other reason.
    I'll try to hold it and do bladder control. So if you see a guy on the bus
    with his legs crossed and looking very pained that might be me.

    David
    (not the one with the self esteem problem)

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "David" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >

    > > David wrote:
    > > > I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like

    > for
    > > > instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces

    > or
    > > > mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    > > > asking.

    > > In my experience (and considering my profession, I have a lot of pee of
    > > different people types experience), adolescent males...mid to late
    > > teens...have the greatest bladder capacity (not exactly an accurate
    > > term), with voids in the 800-900 cc range, a few times a day.
    > >
    > > Bladder capacity is a misnomer. What affects void volumes has more to
    > > do with ability to hold it, with us old farts with increasing prostate
    > > size having less abilty to hold it. The bladder has an amazing ability
    > > to stretch if done so over time. For example, I had a patient as a
    > > paramedic...old guy whose belly looked like he was pregnant...had been
    > > peeing a little less, a little less often, for months...drained 3
    > > liters of unine from his bladder.
    > >
    > > So, take 800-900 cc per void, 2-3 times a day, as normal maximum, and
    > > decrease the amount and increase the frequency, with age.
    > >
    > > David
    > > etiquette-challenged stranger

    > Thanks - I'm doing less than half of that - doc says I must have an
    > irritable bladder - can;t find any other reason.
    > I'll try to hold it and do bladder control. So if you see a guy on the bus
    > with his legs crossed and looking very pained that might be me.
    >
    > David
    > (not the one with the self esteem problem)

    Have him check for Urine Eosinophils?

    Also, has there been any major dietary changes lately?
    Bladders, like colons, can be irritated by food sensitivities....
    --
    Om.

  5. David

    David Guest

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    like
    > > for

    ounces
    > > or

    for

    > > > In my experience (and considering my profession, I have a lot of pee

    of
    > > > different people types experience), adolescent males...mid to late
    > > > teens...have the greatest bladder capacity (not exactly an accurate
    > > > term), with voids in the 800-900 cc range, a few times a day.
    > > >
    > > > Bladder capacity is a misnomer. What affects void volumes has more to
    > > > do with ability to hold it, with us old farts with increasing prostate
    > > > size having less abilty to hold it. The bladder has an amazing ability
    > > > to stretch if done so over time. For example, I had a patient as a
    > > > paramedic...old guy whose belly looked like he was pregnant...had been
    > > > peeing a little less, a little less often, for months...drained 3
    > > > liters of unine from his bladder.
    > > >
    > > > So, take 800-900 cc per void, 2-3 times a day, as normal maximum, and
    > > > decrease the amount and increase the frequency, with age.
    > > >
    > > > David
    > > > etiquette-challenged stranger

    > > Thanks - I'm doing less than half of that - doc says I must have an
    > > irritable bladder - can;t find any other reason.
    > > I'll try to hold it and do bladder control. So if you see a guy on the

    bus
    > > with his legs crossed and looking very pained that might be me.
    > >
    > > David
    > > (not the one with the self esteem problem)
    > >

    > Have him check for Urine Eosinophils?
    >
    > Also, has there been any major dietary changes lately?
    > Bladders, like colons, can be irritated by food sensitivities....
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

    Nicholson

    Thanks Om, - will ask about this as could be a possibility.

    No changes in diet however

    David

  6. David Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    David wrote:
    > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > "David" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote

    > like
    > > > for

    > ounces
    > > > or

    > for

    > of

    > > > Thanks - I'm doing less than half of that - doc says I must have an
    > > > irritable bladder - can;t find any other reason.
    > > > I'll try to hold it and do bladder control. So if you see a guy on the

    > bus
    > > > with his legs crossed and looking very pained that might be me.
    > > >
    > > > David
    > > > (not the one with the self esteem problem)

    > > Have him check for Urine Eosinophils?
    > >
    > > Also, has there been any major dietary changes lately?
    > > Bladders, like colons, can be irritated by food sensitivities....

    > Thanks Om, - will ask about this as could be a possibility.
    >
    > No changes in diet however

    Those were good points. You should go see a urologist. Bladder
    infections, prostatitis, other prostate problems, need to be ruled out.
    Also, the drugs for irritable bladder can have significant
    cardiovascular side effects, so they are best avoided if possible.

    David
    etiquette-challenged stranger

  7. David

    David Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > David wrote:

    bladder -
    > > like

    > > ounces

    reason
    > > for

    pee
    > > of

    accurate

    prostate

    ability

    been

    and

    the
    > > bus

    > > > Have him check for Urine Eosinophils?
    > > >
    > > > Also, has there been any major dietary changes lately?
    > > > Bladders, like colons, can be irritated by food sensitivities....

    > > Thanks Om, - will ask about this as could be a possibility.
    > >
    > > No changes in diet however

    > Those were good points. You should go see a urologist. Bladder
    > infections, prostatitis, other prostate problems, need to be ruled out.
    > Also, the drugs for irritable bladder can have significant
    > cardiovascular side effects, so they are best avoided if possible.
    >
    > David
    > etiquette-challenged stranger

    Yes guess I'd better check out prostate issues - and infections as well -
    thanks for the "shove"!

    David (the pissy one)

  8. Charles

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 05:35:20 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like for
    >instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces or
    >mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    >asking.

    Are you taking the piss mate? ;o)

    HAGW!!

  9. David

    David Guest

    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 05:35:20 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like

    for
    > >instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces

    or
    > >mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    > >asking.

    > Are you taking the piss mate? ;o)
    >
    > HAGW!!

    Ha ha!

  10. dwacon

    dwacon Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm trying to figure out what most people pee with a full bladder - like
    > for
    > instance do you pee every 3-4 hours and how much - like how many ounces or
    > mls? So can y'all please do that and post, thanks. I have a reason for
    > asking.

    How much can you hold in your mouth at one time?

    --
    Flashing Penis Pacifiers
    http://tinyurl.com/bhqpl

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 07/01/2005
    Tested on: 7/3/2005 6:33:07 PM