How much weight am I saving anyway?

mtbsandiego

Jun 24, 2006
I recently took up the sport and found out how hard it is to climb hills on a mtb when you're not used to it. :eek: :p :eek: After a few weekend rides I've begun ordering lighter components for my '05 Hard Rock Pro Disc. Lighter tires, stem and an Easton CF bar so far. All on the way. Now I'm shopping for a CF seatpost and may get new wheels and saddle eventually. My question to you all is just how much weight am I saving? :confused: I know my stock Enduro Sport 2.20 tires weighed 795g and the Nevegal Lite DTC 1.95's weigh 545g. What do stock bars, stems, wheelsets and seatposts weigh? I can't find those weights listed. How much am I saving? I'm sure It's not worth all the $$$ I'm spending by any rational perspective, but I'm curious.

mtbsandiego said:
I recently took up the sport and found out how hard it is to climb hills on a mtb when you're not used to it. :eek: :p :eek: After a few weekend rides I've begun ordering lighter components for my '05 Hard Rock Pro Disc. Lighter tires, stem and an Easton CF bar so far. All on the way. Now I'm shopping for a CF seatpost and may get new wheels and saddle eventually. My question to you all is just how much weight am I saving? :confused: I know my stock Enduro Sport 2.20 tires weighed 795g and the Nevegal Lite DTC 1.95's weigh 545g. What do stock bars, stems, wheelsets and seatposts weigh? I can't find those weights listed. How much am I saving? I'm sure It's not worth all the $$$ I'm spending by any rational perspective, but I'm curious.

frame, fork, cranks and wheelset is where you make the most noticeable weight savings, as the rest of the peripherals dont add up to much more than a couple of kilos together whereas a pair of tyres can weigh that alone. For listed weights have a look at the weight weenies website. http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

Oh and the thing that will make the biggest difference to getting you up quicker is fitness. And the only way to get that is to ride and to suffer. But once you have it it's great.