How Often Do You Commute?

Well, we commute sometimes, since we have a baby with us. We usually take the car when we're going to the mall or to the church. But if it's just me, doing some errands or tasks, I'd commute or take my bike. Commuting here means taking public transportation which can be a tricycle, a bus or a jeepney. But it's also easier to just take my bike since it doesn't cost any money and the trips are very short distances.

Last Saturday, my husband I went to the market. We parked the car in the nearby gas station. On our way back, we realized that we can let our housemaid do that chore of marketing and instead of taking the public utility, we can buy her a bike since the market is just about a kilometer away from our house. However, there is the worry of an accident. And if that happens, our housemaid is our responsibility.

I try to commute 3 or 4 days a week, but there are factors that always ruin that plan haha. I prefer taking a bike over my car any day, I get to do what I love while going around doing what I need to get done around town. Why not?!

I'm retired, now, but when I worked, I always thought about it. The only problem is that it would have been a 45 mile commute one way, and then I had to go over a dangerous bridge to get to the city I worked. I just decided it wasn't safe. Besides, I had to be on the job at 6, but the good part was I got off at 2:30 and got home by 3:45 so I had ample time to ride when I got home.

I commute 7 days a week but only 5-9 miles a day. I live in Boston w/o a car so taking my bike gives me a lot more freedom. I find it just as quick, if not quicker, than taking the subway and dear god is it better than waiting for a bus.

I used to commute every day to work, even on windy, rainy, snowy days.

I had nice skirts and silk pants and my boss was always laughing at me, because it looked like i will freeze to death.
But I always had thick wool leggings under it on my way home. Lifehack!

Just like other members, I also believe that commuting to some place with a cycle is easier and environment-friendly. I commute only if I need to cover less distance. I commute to the grocery shops during the weekend with my cycle (every weekend) and I enjoy the ride a lot.

Everyday, and nearly everywhere I go. Occasionally I will power walk somewhere if I feel like I need more minutes of cardio exercise, but for the most part I bike everywhere. I don't really go anywhere more than 2 miles or so from home. Town is pretty compact.

I'm back in an office job and warmer weather is coming, and with my work being only 5-10 minutes on a bike, I think this is a great time for me to start commuting to work on regular basis.

These days I commute 2 times per day, back and forth from work. It really has helped me build muscle and endurance.

I live in a rural area... so biking to town is pretty much out of the question. It would take hours to bike there and I'd be covered in sweat with my hair all wind blown and some serious helmet hair! My make up all messed up and just have that dirty feeling. So, I don't bike to commute for many reasons... I do it for leisure.

I commute two or three times a week when I need to buy goods at a local supermarket. Sadly my current place is not cycling friendly at all so I have to ride with the utmost care. Most people prefer to jog where I live.

I commute every day to go shopping and maybe out for lunch or dinner. The frequency I do this is just about every day, except for some work days or days with thunderstorms.

Everyday to work using my electrical bike and every weekend to do all the house activities needed, like supermarket and bank. Even to go out at night, if I'm not going to drink, I like to use my bike! It is cheaper and healthier.