How old are ya ???

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I just turned 54 last Thurs. Gina is 7 months older than I so that means a few more months and she will be a senior citizen. :D

Just thought it was interesting that most our ride buds are up in age. I'm pretty sure it has to do with kids being grown and having more time to ride. For many cyclists, not all. I'm sure some start young. Not looking for a debate, you curious about ages of the riders here. Fun thread, don't get your chamois in a bunch over it. :p

Both Gina and I are 54 years old. Pics were taken last night.

Me and one of my daughters, got 2. This one is 35, the other is 34.

On and off the bike!

DSCN4732.JPG
DSCN4743.JPG
0bike1.JPG
0bike2.JPG

I started riding when I was 51 (had to something about my weight) that was 22 years ago. Today I'm still riding and I'm 73 years of age. Where has the time gone?

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I've been riding since I was kid only stopped briefly while I worked for the government. Started riding for real when I was 16, stopped for a bit, then resumed when I was 21 where I was running and riding for a few years, then I dropped running completely when I was 24 due to just starting to develope knee pain and didn't want them to get worse. I started racing when I was 25 and stopped when I was 35 due to family and business commitments not to mention age creeping up, but continued to ride up to this day and I'm now 64. I plan to keep riding for as long as I can. At this time I don't foresee myself competing again, in order to that I would have to be dedicated to riding a trainer indoors and I hate riding indoors which means the dedication isn't there, but maybe when I retire from full time work I will join a velo group in town and train indoors with them which means if I see myself getting faster to the point I could compete then maybe I might...but that's a big maybe.

Turned 57 this year and have been riding for 41 years, and spend about 15 year in several different forms of racing. Started with crits, road racing, time trials, and then switched to ultra cycling events. Now I have four bikes left in my stable that offer four different forms of riding and am always switching them out. Been getting the urge to do some ultra cycling events, and am expanding my millage to see how the back handles it.

Mid 20s, had a rough start to cycling when i was 18. Ended up quitting for a few years but now im back at it. I commute 60kms return the days i work ashore and try to get out on my road bike on my days off. Love cycling its pretty much my only "alone time" between work and family.

I've been biking for some time now. I'm currently in my late 40's. I've had lots of experience in life. But cycling just tops all of them when it comes to enjoying everyday life. I'm grateful for all those fun experiences.

Turned 25 just this February, had a break of around 3 years from cycling but I'm back at it again this year!

I'm heading towards my 30s at the moment and I have enjoyed riding for the better part of my life. As I am living, I see a situation where I will get married to someone that enjoys riding as well as this will bring a better bond between us.

Turned 25 just this February, had a break of around 3 years from cycling but I'm back at it again this year!

Glad that you are back at riding. The thing is that riding is one act that can bring lots of joy and happiness to us especially for some of us that always feel good while on the bike.

I'm heading towards my 30s at the moment and I have enjoyed riding for the better part of my life. As I am living, I see a situation where I will get married to someone that enjoys riding as well as this will bring a better bond between us.

I believe your right, and what really bonds two people together even better, at least from what I've read!, is riding a tandem, tandem riding kind of forces two people to work together. So maybe you need to save up money for a tandem when you get married?

Anyway read this: http://www.toledoblade.com/Culture/...especially-on-tandem-bikes-stay-together.html

After more than fifty years of cars and motorcycles, I retired to Florida, and sold the motorcycle last year because I read of too many deaths on them around the county. Got back into riding a bike three years ago. I'll be 72 this month, and love to ride. Having good health is one blessing I'm truly thankful for. Perhaps over a half century in construction has kept me in good shape. Another thing that helped to keep me fit, was quitting smoking 42 years ago.

After more than fifty years of cars and motorcycles, I retired to Florida, and sold the motorcycle last year because I read of too many deaths on them around the county. Got back into riding a bike three years ago. I'll be 72 this month, and love to ride. Having good health is one blessing I'm truly thankful for. Perhaps over a half century in construction has kept me in good shape. Another thing that helped to keep me fit, was quitting smoking 42 years ago.

Quit smoking 42 years ago? A Huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Quit smoking 42 years ago? A Huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thank you. I saw my father-in-law dying of emphysema from heavy smoking. It's a horrible way to go. He couldn't even walk to the bathroom and back without having to sit and gasp for air for ages afterward. Quitting is tough but I'd advise all smokers to quit before they are forced to quit.

I'm 27. I learned cycling when I was already 20years old. I am a late bloomer cyclist :D LOL. Now that I am here in the City, I often use my motorbike than my bike. I used it whenever I go to the park and do a bit of work out.

I'm 27. I learned cycling when I was already 20years old. I am a late bloomer cyclist :D LOL. Now that I am here in the City, I often use my motorbike than my bike. I used it whenever I go to the park and do a bit of work out.

Welcome to the narcissistic cuckoo world of cycling!

Another mid-20’s guy reporting in. Currently I’m 26 years old. Learned to ride my bike at around the age of 8 (I think?) but didn’t start enthusiastically riding until I started going to High School. At that point, riding became my main form of transportation until I started going to college. I had stopped cycling for about three years as the subway was my main form of transportation, but still rode to and from my nearby job.

Couple of years back I moved to a rural town with open fields and woodland areas, so I decided to pick up mountain biking as a form of exercise, so I’ve been actively and enthusiastically biking for the past three years.

Glad that you are back at riding. The thing is that riding is one act that can bring lots of joy and happiness to us especially for some of us that always feel good while on the bike.
Yeah, it truly is a great feeling when riding the bicycle, and it feels extra special when you haven't done it for a while due to a lot of circumstances. I'm glad I finally have the time to ride the bike again this year, although I'm still stuck in the city and I miss mountain biking as well.

I started cycling when I was 15y.o. Me and my father usually go on an open field and started cycling around the field. It was one of my greates memories with my father.
I could say that cycling was fun. It lets me have adventures that I really want. Eventhough its kinda tiring, it is really worth it on the end. Since I had a chance to travel from different places without spending on gas or energy of machine. I prefer riding on a bicycle so that we could appreciate more of the beautiful view around us.

I'm in my early 40's, married with 2 teenage boys. I started riding when I was 8 and had my first race at 12. I then became active until I was 16 then have to stop for school. Bought my first MTB when I was 24 but again stopped riding because of my job and other commitments. Restarted cycling 3-4 years ago.