how the hell could I bend my rear derailleur hanger? and will I destroy a roadbike?

don't see the link...can you try again?...maybe my browser but don't think so.
Would love to see it...quite a bike. Please give us your riding impressions. It isn't light, beautiful, and fast with a comfortable ride is it? :p
Congrats,
George

biker7 said:
Wow! And if you are still in one piece, lucky to be so. What are you getting next? Jamis makes a very nice bike.
George
Messed up his pretty face a bit, but he's in one piece.

Hey Jitt; almost got my Ti frame built up with a black 105 group, just waiting on the brakes. Pics soon. See ya round the hood.

Actually, I believe Jamis is just a marketing arm for Taiwanese made bikes. Not absolutely sure, but my pro pals who ride them this year seem to indicate that unlike a Litespeed, there is no Jamis factory. Oh well, what the heck do I know. :D

biker7 said:
don't see the link...can you try again?...maybe my browser but don't think so.

No link, just my signature below.

But here is a pic of the new bike and one of the old bike after the accident: see attached

Hey Cap

Yeah send the pics when its ready.

True about Jamis frames, but the benefit is you get a good component group for cheap. I only payed $1400 for a full Ultegra group and had the Mavic Elite wheels too.

Cool you guys are riding buddies Cap. Beautiful sled jit..very nice.
Did you catch that crash on the face jit?...or cappy having some fun with me
about a previous crack I made...lol.
Agree that Jamis makes a great bike for the money. As talked about earlier...aren't all the best bikes made in Taiwan? ;)
George

biker7 said:
Agree that Jamis makes a great bike for the money. As talked about earlier...aren't all the best bikes made in Taiwan? ;)
George

Jittering's old Jamis fork (Reynolds Ouzo) and front wheel on my beater:
http://www.cyclingseries.com/bike03.jpg

My latest aquisition crit/sprint bike:
http://www.cyclingseries.com/bike04.jpg

Main steed is a 2002 Klein QPro Carbon team full DA (me on the left, bro in law on the right) doing press for the CapTech Classic which we filmed for FoxSports:
http://www.worldbike.com/ofotoprobi...mond/04fs.jpg&caption=The_Ultimate_Pro_Posers

My sites:
www.worldbike.com
www.mcguirelangdale.com
www.cyclingseries.com

Great pics Cap...Thanks for sharing. I see you like to run a lot of post and aggressive set up on your bikes. Must have a limber back :)
Congrats on all the nice harware!
George

biker7 said:
Great pics Cap...Thanks for sharing. I see you like to run a lot of post and aggressive set up on your bikes. Must have a limber back :)
Congrats on all the nice harware!
George

Best part is I never paid any money for any of those bikes; the benefits of doing web work for poor pro teams! I'm a 45 year old ex-bodybuilder with no back problems ... knock on wood. Being ex pro race bikes, the setup is a bit aggressive. Just always got on and rode. The Klein has a nice entended top tube (2cm) which allows for a great stretched out position.

biker7 said:

No he was pretty accurate about the face. Here is a pic of me when I got home from the ER with 30 some stiches in my face.

I was doing sprint intervals at the time of the impact and was going about 30mph, so I am guessing that my face hit the pavement at about that speed. My helmet was F'd up but probably saved my life.

Very cool stable, Cap! Can't argue with the Q-Pro being your flagship, but how does it compare to the Litespeed? No doubt they're both top-notch, but in terms of differentiators, I'm curious to know how you'd describe the ride.

Oh, and Jitt? That's gross.

jesus Jit...sorry to see that. Strong commentary for wearing a helmet which I always try to. Are you all healed up now?...any residual effects?
Ex-bodybuilder eh Cap? Interesting. Presume you still lift though perhaps with lighter weights. I do light stuff with lots of reps and am 50 so have you beat by a few years in the wrong direction :eek: Nothing like free bikes but no doubt you earned them.
Cheers guys,
George

lokstah said:
Very cool stable, Cap! Can't argue with the Q-Pro being your flagship, but how does it compare to the Litespeed? No doubt they're both top-notch, but in terms of differentiators, I'm curious to know how you'd describe the ride.

Litespeed is a bit smaller (ridden by 2003 U23 Nat Champ Jon Erdelyi) and it has 170 cranks so it is spins very quick and climbs effortlessly. The Klein sure is speedy and climbing is more than awesome. On a longer ride I would take the Klein due its traditional geometry and slightly more stretched out profile. When I feel like pounding on hills for a quick 2 hours I go with the Litespeed. If I had to pick ONLY one, it would be the Klein. The Raleigh is a winter beater I like to take apart and back together just to keep my mechanical skills sharp.

Jitt (aka James) cleaned up right well after a few weeks.

Some nice iron you spoke of. I know what you mean about stretching out. The slope bar virtual length on my new bike is 586 mmm c-t-c. Haven't completely dialed in stem config yet. Current set up is 130mm @ 0 degrees...which may make the bar just a little far away even with my long arms. May opt for a bit shorter stem and bit less set back on my seat. Will have to get some miles in this spring and figure it out. With your bike knowledge you may agree, it is never a static equation. You run pretty close to .883 X your biking inseam?
My seat height is about 30.75 in. or very close to this formula.
George

biker7 said:
Some nice iron you spoke of. I know what you mean about stretching out. The slope bar virtual length on my new bike is 586 mmm c-t-c. Haven't completely dialed in stem config yet. Current set up is 130mm @ 0 degrees...which may make the bar just a little far away even with my long arms. May opt for a bit shorter stem and bit less set back on my seat. Will have to get some miles in this spring and figure it out. With your bike knowledge you may agree, it is never a static equation. You run pretty close to .883 X your biking inseam?
My seat height is about 30.75 in. or very close to this formula.
George
I'm pretty new to road bikes, but one thing I've noticed is that your prefered riding position will change over the next 6 months. The riding position I have know is much more agressive that what I rode 8-9 months ago coming off a mtn bike.

biker7 said:
jesus Jit...sorry to see that. Strong commentary for wearing a helmet which I always try to. Are you all healed up now?...any residual effects?

Thanks for asking. It has been 7 months since the accident and I have only regained about 80% of my arm strength back. Because of nerve damage in my shoulder, I have basically had to relearn how to use my arm. I may recover fully. I may need to have nerve surgery to do so, or I may never fully recover. It is still anyone's guess. It would have been no big deal to me if it were in my other arm, but since I am left handed and the injury is to my left arm, it sucks royally and is a general pain in the ****.

I will also have plastic surgery to remove the scars on my face in a month or so. Right now it looks like I got the **** beat out of me still. So I am looking forward to that.

I like to look at it from an optimist point of view, however, I will probably be able to send all of my future children through college just using money from the insurance settlement once it is finalized.

Jit, I thought perhaps you had recovered a bit more than that. You are a young man and have no doubt your best days ahead. I always am guilty of riding too fast around cars myself and have been more lucky than good. You always have to look at the glass as half full man which I think you are. I have two friends who have been maimed recently and injuries are much worse than yourself. One is a pilot who got called up to Iraq and when flying a mission had his feet blow off by anti-aircraft fire. He now wears titanium prosthetic feet. The other...is a BMW enthusiast like myself and was in a head on crash with a large snow removal truck who pulled out in front of him and has multiple plates and screws holding his face together and already has had countless surgeries and is in constant pain. Everybody on this forum realizes the risk of road biking as we all know someone that has been hurt...some badly. My girlfriend's uncle, now an elderly man and fellow engineer like myself was in a bad bike crash while training for a tri. He lived and still does live to work out. He went over the bars and landed on his head not unlike Chris Reeves who recently passed and suffered spinal cord damage and has lost much use of his arms which devistated him because of his passion for
competing and good health. They are in my thoughts every single day. You have to count your blessing jit if you can look at it that way as you have the chance for a complete recovery and some unfortunately do not...will never be the same. Besides, chicks dig scars. :cool: I wish you well in your continued recovery...work it hard man and don't look back.
Best Regards,
George