How times change...

Iain Jones

Guest
Two years ago I used to ride from student home in Liverpool to proper home
in St Helens for driving lessons (lessons started before I moved). Only
twelve miles but it used to take 45 or so minutes, and if I could do it
without stopping at the petrol station halfway for a snack I was impressed.
Did the same ride yesterday in 34 minutes. Good to see all my "training" is
working. Woohoo!

PS - passed driving test two years ago, haven't been in the driver's seat
since.

Iain Jones wrote:

> Two years ago I used to ride from student home in Liverpool to proper home
> in St Helens for driving lessons (lessons started before I moved). Only
> twelve miles but it used to take 45 or so minutes, and if I could do it
> without stopping at the petrol station halfway for a snack I was impressed.
> Did the same ride yesterday in 34 minutes. Good to see all my "training" is
> working. Woohoo!

I scraped 16 seconds off my 13-year old "10" time last week, on the same
bike and on a much slower course.

Iain Jones wrote:
> Two years ago I used to ride from student home in Liverpool to proper
> home in St Helens for driving lessons (lessons started before I
> moved). Only twelve miles but it used to take 45 or so minutes, and
> if I could do it without stopping at the petrol station halfway for a
> snack I was impressed. Did the same ride yesterday in 34 minutes.
> Good to see all my "training" is working. Woohoo!
>
> PS - passed driving test two years ago, haven't been in the driver's
> seat since.

Good going.

My brother passed his test a long time ago and it must have been almost 10
years before he got back behind the wheel. Scary or what?
--
Mark

Mark wrote:
> My brother passed his test a long time ago and it must have been almost 10
> years before he got back behind the wheel. Scary or what?

Very scary. Can you warn me where your brother lives so I can avoid the
rounds round there?

d.