How times change...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Iain Jones, Aug 1, 2004.

  1. Iain Jones

    Iain Jones Guest

    Two years ago I used to ride from student home in Liverpool to proper home
    in St Helens for driving lessons (lessons started before I moved). Only
    twelve miles but it used to take 45 or so minutes, and if I could do it
    without stopping at the petrol station halfway for a snack I was impressed.
    Did the same ride yesterday in 34 minutes. Good to see all my "training" is
    working. Woohoo!

    PS - passed driving test two years ago, haven't been in the driver's seat
    since.

    Tags:

  2. Iain Jones wrote:

    > Two years ago I used to ride from student home in Liverpool to proper home
    > in St Helens for driving lessons (lessons started before I moved). Only
    > twelve miles but it used to take 45 or so minutes, and if I could do it
    > without stopping at the petrol station halfway for a snack I was impressed.
    > Did the same ride yesterday in 34 minutes. Good to see all my "training" is
    > working. Woohoo!

    I scraped 16 seconds off my 13-year old "10" time last week, on the same
    bike and on a much slower course.

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Iain Jones wrote:
    > Two years ago I used to ride from student home in Liverpool to proper
    > home in St Helens for driving lessons (lessons started before I
    > moved). Only twelve miles but it used to take 45 or so minutes, and
    > if I could do it without stopping at the petrol station halfway for a
    > snack I was impressed. Did the same ride yesterday in 34 minutes.
    > Good to see all my "training" is working. Woohoo!
    >
    > PS - passed driving test two years ago, haven't been in the driver's
    > seat since.

    Good going.

    My brother passed his test a long time ago and it must have been almost 10
    years before he got back behind the wheel. Scary or what?
    --
    Mark

  4. davek

    davek Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > My brother passed his test a long time ago and it must have been almost 10
    > years before he got back behind the wheel. Scary or what?

    Very scary. Can you warn me where your brother lives so I can avoid the
    rounds round there?

    d.