How to adjust the rear suspension?

mmmmk. well, a little more detail would help but, if you only have a ring that goes the whole way around the shock itself, then yeh you just turn that.

but

if you have a little red screwtop,thats a bit different. do you have a little red screwtop?

Originally posted by Twisties
mmmmk. well, a little more detail would help but, if you only have a ring that goes the whole way around the shock itself, then yeh you just turn that.

but

if you have a little red screwtop,thats a bit different. do you have a little red screwtop?

Hi Twisties...
No it doesnt have a red screwtop or any type of screw on top. It looks like that i can just turn it but am i suppose to turn it with my hand? because is awfully hard to turn with my hand.

i think you are supposed to turn it with your hand :confused:
...well i turn mine with my hand.
hmmmm, maybe you should get your LBS to have a look, because if you get anything like vice grips it might bend the metal.
try putting on a pair of gloves and turning it, eg bike gloves. that might make it easier.

get off the bike while turning it..

the THING you are talking about is the PRELOAD adjustment.
tightening it will make the shock become stiffer. but will become springier.

Shocks with a red THING (know as the rebound knob) (blue on Manitou shocks) adjusts the rate of which the shock returns to its resting state after a hitting a bump.

how tight do you guys set it on? when you sit on your bike does it actually goes down a bit or not at all?

im only young, therefore, i dont weigh very much, so, mine is pretty soft. when i sit on it, it moves about 1inch.

There is no formula, just set it the way you feel most comfortable.

Originally posted by Twisties
im only young, therefore, i dont weigh very much, so, mine is pretty soft. when i sit on it, it moves about 1inch.

There is no formula, just set it the way you feel most comfortable.

anymore advice?

if u want to ride on trails that are bumpy you would make it hard, if you want to ride on the road you make it soft.

or

you can find the spot in the middle and leave it there without adjusting it. make sure its comfortable and not soo hard that you are bouncing all over the place